Coach changes ?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bergsone
SS Life Member

Coach changes ?

With so many ass coach changes recently does that show a lack of knowledge/experience by the new crop,or a settling in period before the team and coaches gel together.I know many will say buck stops with RL ,agree with that ,he too needs ass to be on same page as he is.With a re build of sorts to happen are they the right ones for that ,as well as RL
Or maybe Tudor,SOS etc could see the writing on the wall for this
group,and decided to just move on

Also wonder what imput this new group of ass has on teams,game day tactics etc compared to passed years

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

SOS left to take up a development role for GWS...He stayed a year longer than he wanted.

Tudor was poached by Sydney just like he was poached by us.

Assistant coaches of successful clubs will be poached because they are involved in a good system and can help develop a good system at their new club. It is a case of demand for services.

What odds Collingwood assistants will be highly sought next season?

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

I think it's probably no coincidence that for the majority of Silvagni's time at St Kilda we had the best defensive unit in the comp and as soon as he leaves we're leaking goals like Richmond of the past 30 years.

Hate to say it, but I'm not sure of Harvey's coaching credentials. It's great to have him around the club but Carlton certainly didn't put up a battle to keep him and don't seem to be missing him.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:I think it's probably no coincidence that for the majority of Silvagni's time at St Kilda we had the best defensive unit in the comp and as soon as he leaves we're leaking goals like Richmond of the past 30 years.

Hate to say it, but I'm not sure of Harvey's coaching credentials. It's great to have him around the club but Carlton certainly didn't put up a battle to keep him and don't seem to be missing him.
I was worried that Harvey may have only been brought back because of his playing acheivements. Put it this way, one constant criticism of Harvey that even he adcknowledged was that he wasn't a very good motivator of others.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
CeilidhSaint
Club Player

I want to know who the stoppages coach is cos it doesn't look like we have one!!!
SMASHED!

TB 1 - The Brightest Light on the Darkest Night - we miss you.
Think Globally, Act Sainterly
I have Phil Narkle's helmet
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Think there is something in this.....Im also not convinced of Harvs coaching abilities.

It was a major turn over of staff and thats got to cause settling in problems.

“Yeah….nah””
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:SOS left to take up a development role for GWS...He stayed a year longer than he wanted.

Assistant coaches of successful clubs will be poached because they are involved in a good system and can help develop a good system at their new club. It is a case of demand for services.

always find it interesting when people mention 'all the saints coaches' leaving

and then 'what about when pies lose some'

the pies did lose two- Gavin Brown went to carlton and Paul hudson came to us.. the other one not mentioned on their list of coaches is Max- does anyone know if he is still there? or even more reduced part time than last year...?
http://aflca.com.au/index.php?id=profiles
Last edited by saintbrat on Tue 12 Apr 2011 11:32am, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Behind Play
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:
Life Long Saint wrote:SOS left to take up a development role for GWS...He stayed a year longer than he wanted.

the pies did lose two- Gavin Brown went to carlrton and Paul hudson came to us.. the other one not mentioned on their list of coaches is Max- does anyone know if he is still there? or even more reduced part time than last year...?
Max is still at Collingwood and I don't think he will come back while Ross is coaching.

Behind Play
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:

the pies did lose two- Gavin Brown went to carlrton and Paul hudson came to us.. the other one not mentioned on their list of coaches is Max- does anyone know if he is still there? or even more reduced part time than last year...?
Max is still at Collingwood and I don't think he will come back while Ross is coaching.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:Put it this way, one constant criticism of Harvey that even he adcknowledged was that he wasn't a very good motivator of others.
That's not what i've heard. I've heard that although he didn't say much, when he did open his mouth the entire room went silent and hung on every word he said.

noob
Club Player

tudor seems to be doing wonders for sydney atm

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Obviously Tudor coached the stoppages, but it can't be too hard for the players to remember how to structure up?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Tudor must have some serious coaching ability. Was at Geelong in the heyday then the Saints during our heyday and seems to be doing wonders at the Swans now.

Cant be an accident.