Do what Thomas did

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

My opinion is that Ross and the coaching staff should smash the absolute dog crap out of them at training for the whole 2 weeks.

Running, junior footy drills, goal kicking drills, running, basic skills drills, running and more running, circle work, running, cardio, stretching, free squats/push ups/sit ups, running, full ground full contact praccys and did I mention running?

Make them wear plain pink jumpers/shorts/socks with no logos on them. Make them EARN the right to wear our colours and logo.

Then at the end of the week invite some team from the country down and trounce them by 20 goals.

At the start of the next week do it all over again. The best 22 preformers in the 2 weeks go to Brisbane ready to destroy whatever is put infront of them.

When I started wrestling they would for weeks work us till we puked then worked us harder to see if we had the desire and the heart to step into the ring. If you cant survive that (and many didnt) you clearly didnt want it bad enough.

That is what I think in all seriousness needs to be done at our club. Its all well and good to have a big reputation and be earning big money but if you cant preform on the park what good is any of it?

They all need to prove they want it because based on the effort I have seen this year so far it will be a hell of a long time before we get anywhere near a flag.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Hurricane wrote:My opinion is that Ross and the coaching staff should smash the absolute dog crap out of them at training for the whole 2 weeks.

Running, junior footy drills, goal kicking drills, running, basic skills drills, running and more running, circle work, running, cardio, stretching, free squats/push ups/sit ups, running, full ground full contact praccys and did I mention running?

Make them wear plain pink jumpers/shorts/socks with no logos on them. Make them EARN the right to wear our colours and logo.

Then at the end of the week invite some team from the country down and trounce them by 20 goals.

At the start of the next week do it all over again. The best 22 preformers in the 2 weeks go to Brisbane ready to destroy whatever is put infront of them.

When I started wrestling they would for weeks work us till we puked then worked us harder to see if we had the desire and the heart to step into the ring. If you cant survive that (and many didnt) you clearly didnt want it bad enough.

That is what I think in all seriousness needs to be done at our club. Its all well and good to have a big reputation and be earning big money but if you cant preform on the park what good is any of it?

They all need to prove they want it because based on the effort I have seen this year so far it will be a hell of a long time before we get anywhere near a flag.

BANG BANG
Have we moved back in time? How does smashing them at training even help slightly? And having another team play a game against them. What is that?

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Hurricane wrote:My opinion is that Ross and the coaching staff should smash the absolute dog crap out of them at training for the whole 2 weeks.

BANG BANG
Have we moved back in time? How does smashing them at training even help slightly? And having another team play a game against them. What is that?
You have, as usual, missed the point totally.

The point is for the players show their desire and love of the jumper and the club. The point is to make them earn the right to pull on that jumper. The point is to show them that the effort against Essendon is not good enough. The point is to show them how being a St Kilda Football Club player is an honor and a privilage to be earnt, to be desired and to be something that you have to fight for.

The point of smashing some team from Upper Nobloodywhere is to instill a bit of confidance, which it appears the team lacks at this point.

I might add some things too. Have the players watch DVD's of the greatest players to wear the jumper, great games and big wins. Bring down past players and even fans to rev the hell out of them so that being a Saint is something they will almost kill to protect.

Make being a Saint as important as the blood they pump and the air that fills their lungs.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Hurricane wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

BANG BANG
You have, as usual, missed the point totally.

The point is for the players show their desire and love of the jumper and the club. The point is to make them earn the right to pull on that jumper. The point is to show them that the effort against Essendon is not good enough. The point is to show them how being a St Kilda Football Club player is an honor and a privilage to be earnt, to be desired and to be something that you have to fight for.

The point of smashing some team from Upper Nobloodywhere is to instill a bit of confidance, which it appears the team lacks at this point.

I might add some things too. Have the players watch DVD's of the greatest players to wear the jumper, great games and big wins. Bring down past players and even fans to rev the hell out of them so that being a Saint is something they will almost kill to protect.

Make being a Saint as important as the blood they pump and the air that fills their lungs.

BANG BANG
I think you have missed the point. This is 2011 and that stuff doesnt work now otherwise every club struggling would do it. It is a silly thing to say especially the part about bringing in another team. That wouldnt even happen in the seventies.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

BANG BANG
Yeah. then they should just go out on one of those buses and get pissed and really smash that town up. If anyone gives em any lip, Rossy should just thump em...coppers included....Yeah, I'm pumped. :lol:
Last edited by SaintPav on Mon 11 Apr 2011 9:25pm, edited 1 time in total.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

BANG BANG
The Tommy Hafey era has long gone...it's more scientific these days

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:

BANG BANG
nah, that's for pussies.

Can we still get Fev?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
bobmurray wrote:

BANG BANG
nah, that's for pussies.

Can we still get Fev?
I hate your avatar Saint Pav :( :( :( :(

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
bobmurray wrote:

BANG BANG
nah, that's for pussies.

Can we still get Fev?
I hate your avatar Saint Pav :( :( :( :(
yeah, I know...sorry. It's a bit pathetic.

I'll probably change it.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Jonesy...don't let your frustration at a perceived lack of success lead you to compare our disapointment with what Diggers had to endure in WW2

A bad post! :twisted:

so is yours....lighten up ffs.... :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stairwaytoheaven
Club Player

Just a thought that maybe we should all send an e-mail to the club with words of encouragement and ethusiasm, they have been a great team for a number of years with no huge success. I really felt for them they looked lost shell shocked and out of form. Ihope and believe that they can turn it around and it won't hurt to play the kids we have got to get some senior games under theiir belts.

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Do the Stan Alves thing.

Lock the players into the gym for an hour, with the instructions to talk about what they want to achieve, and if they want to play for the coach. RL will come back in an hour and see the results. The soul-searching produced results in 1997, maybe something similar could occur this year?

The Saints are coming!
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Stinger. Would you ask a ww2 veteran reading Jonesys comment to "lighten up"? It was a bad post. Story ended!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)