Riewoldt and Goddard show some bloody leadership

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saintersss
Club Player

Riewoldt and Goddard show some bloody leadership

Sure it may be harsh to put blame on these two players who have still played decent and not lay into the bottom players who are playing terribly, but seriously these two acted like kids last night. I understand they are frustrated, but they are leaders and they are the ones who have to set a standard. Goddard pushing Melksham into the fence was just a cheap shot, and he was almost more interested in starting a fight than playing football and for Riewoldt not to shake hands, well, that is dissapointing to say the least for a captain.

People where shouting from the rooftops to give Goddard the captaincy, however I can see why they didn't...

St Lenny
Club Player

Give ti rest, its not up to two players to carry the load. :roll:

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Only one man (in my opinion) who should ever have been considered for the captaincy: L Hayes ...sorry Roo & BJ but Lenny is the captain in my eyes. Ross Lyon and the football panel should have realised that too!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Saints Angel
Club Player

[quote="St Lenny"]Give ti rest, its not up to two players to carry the load. :roll:[/quote]

Ditto agree with that thought

Saints Angel
Club Player

[quote="St Lenny"]Give ti rest, its not up to two players to carry the load. :roll:[/quote]

Ditto agree with that thought

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Only one man (in my opinion) who should ever have been considered for the captaincy: L Hayes ...sorry Roo & BJ but Lenny is the captain in my eyes. Ross Lyon and the football panel should have realised that too!

And how would that help now?

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Plugger I'm not saying that it would help now. Lenny has been and is a team man through -and-through. My point is that He should have been appointed captain ahead of Roo. That was then, and we move on, but He'll always be the "spiritual" club captain in my eyes.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Plugger I'm not saying that it would help now. Lenny has been and is a team man through -and-through. My point is that He should have been appointed captain ahead of Roo. That was then, and we move on, but He'll always be the "spiritual" club captain in my eyes.
yep - and more important to the team. simply a class act.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "