Kosi- a serious dilemma

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Kosi- a serious dilemma

Kosi isn't taking us anywhere. He won't be in our next premiership team. Should he be picked ahead of Stanley for the sake of a 20 lost goals over the season at expense of 20 games in Rhys's development?

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Why does he have to be instead of, can't he be included as well as?

Roo, Stanley, Gamble (or Gilbert) Milne, Schneider, Steven

McEvoy / Kosi

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Why does he have to be instead of, can't he be included as well as?

Roo, Stanley, Gamble (or Gilbert) Milne, Schneider, Steven

McEvoy / Kosi
Same dilemma then, just replace Stanley with McEvoy.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

20 lost goals if kosi doesnt play?
i think not.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Stanley, Gilbert, Gamble where were they tonight? Kosi will play against Brisbane.
Gamble is probably a gamble that shouldn't have been wagered.
Stanley is starting to look like a basketballer who can't play football.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
saintbob
SS Life Member

Well I'd like to see Kosi come in, Stanley out (Needs to bulk up).

Bring Archer back, and play Roo, Kosi and Archer in our forward line, McEvoy to change with Kosi at FF.

Collingwood use this set up with Dawes, Cloke, Brown and Jolly, big bodies crashing packs and very hard to match up on as well as giving our crumbers something to work with.

saintslegendLH
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:Stanley, Gilbert, Gamble where were they tonight? Kosi will play against Brisbane.
Gamble is probably a gamble that shouldn't have been wagered.
Stanley is starting to look like a basketballer who can't play football.
stanley ended up playing well in the second half of the game, he will be a 1 goal a game max if he plays full time forward, but swapping through the ruck, he showed tonight he has alot of potential. tonight he presented when in the ruck, and managed to take a few marks in marks towards the end of the game.

ThomasR
Club Player

I thought tonight highlighted exactly why we need Kosi. He straightens up our forward line. There was less 'kick it to Roo' tonight than the last couple of weeks but having the big fella back down there takes a good defender and stops the double/triple-teaming.

Also, we got absolutely smashed in the ruck and I would still say at this stage he is a better tap ruckman than Ben. God forbid the carnage if Hille was playing.

Stanley has a lot of likeable physical attributes but he can't stick marks on the lead. As a forward whose main weapon is pace this is something he has to develop and it can be developed in the 2s and on the training track. A year less of not learning the tempo and how to read the play won't matter if he doesn't have the basic skills.

I'm all for playing the kids but only if they have the basic skills and are well prepared to take the next step. To suggest not to play Kosi after we've been thrashed is white flagging if I've ever seen it. Might as well wrap Roo and BJ in cotton wool as well so they can go hang out with Lenny and come back to win the 2012 flag with a brigade of young players that have suddenly become superstars simply by playing 20 games of senior footy :roll: