Mentally "up" for 7 years ... and what AFL history

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:Its just a shame that we have to wait even longer. But hey the saints could only blow the chances we have had.
What chances?

09?
10?

You think we were up against easy beats?

You think Geelong or Collingwood were Port Adelaide of 2007?

Fair Dinkum. You idiot.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
NoMore
Club Player

I never said i define my life by my football team i think someone else said that in the topic
But in everything in life you should aim to win.
Have never understood people who say winning is not everything.
I lost 3 juniour cricket GF's 10 years ago. I still think about them now.
That is life but i would give anything to win and that is how it should be

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

joffaboy wrote:
clarky449 wrote:Its just a shame that we have to wait even longer. But hey the saints could only blow the chances we have had.
What chances?

09?
10?

Fair Dinkum. You idiot.
We had the opposition on toast in both matches.

No, they were not easy beats but we still should have won at least one of those matches.

Bad management is bad management
hungry for a premiership
Club Player

I just want to witness a flag with my dad before either of us die.

I'm 28 and he's 58.

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
Saintersss
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
What chances?

09?
10?

Fair Dinkum. You idiot.
Winning a premiership ain't easy. It's very rare that you get a Port Adelaide of 2007. We lost both 2009, 2010, the Pies and Geelong didn't win.

SteveStevens66
Club Player

cwrcyn wrote:No more, please don't trot out that CULTURE word. That's a load of nonsense. Carlton were full of dickheads and criminals in the 80s and won flags. Collingwood went 32 years losing countless GFs but no-one questioned their culture. Did Sydney take 100 years to win a flag becuase of their culture, and do the Bulldogs have a culture issue because they can't get past preliminary finals?

The word is a cliche that's been dumped on St Kilda because the club was a failure during the 80s, and a few people attributed it to the fact thet we had a disco at the club, when the rality was that the club had crippling debts due to the construction of the grandstannd at Moorabin in the 60s.

For the best part of the past 20 years our club has been stable, well run and for had for the most part a commited and professional group of players.

Culture my arse!

Now that is the post of the night by a country mile!! Well said.

Carna Saints!!!