Have those 2 gf losses left you traumatised?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

felixleo
Club Player

Us : Oh poor us
Players: Oh poor us
Us: Since 66 no success
Players: Lost two drew one grand final, had a girl bring us down, a new team mate have us making statements to the rozzers, a player burst our bubble with laptop photos, some broke curfew and experimenting with legal drugs,rest of the comp using our tactics against us and we are gonna have to testify in june.
Us: Oh well thats all right then, we are used to the pain and will blindly follow the red white and black to the grave because we are not payed and have no salary cap, we don't change clubs at the drop of a hat. That we have suffered so long should make the final victory all that much sweeter for that but please oh God make it soon.

Well do we persist with what we have or get as many games into the kids for another tilt down the track?

Personally when available Lynch Ledger Archer Walsh Stanley Heyne must be given games.

Are you gonna be the one?
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote: All of us that survived the '80s know that we are much tougher than that.
Agree, but the difference is that I had few expectations back then - i was comfortable with St Kilda being the lovable idiot/everyone's second team.

Traumatized? No.

Unnecessarily reflective and filled with "What ifs"? Yep.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Something died in my passion at the final siren of the drawn GF, not the replay, I knew in my heart of hearts that we were done.

I couldn't go to the first match against geelong as I was sick (but probably wouldn't have gone anyway), went to the tigers match and told some friends i wouldn't be back.

I watched today on TV and didn't even feel dissapointed. I have just lost the passion, this decade is spent. All the promise has gone.

No flag and no likelihood of one.

2009 was crushing. 2010 draw was numbing considering for a glimpse of a moment I dared to think we could win.

Its over.

Maybe I will get back to the footy later this year but I am loking to do other things.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
felixleo
Club Player

Come on Joffa we have been here before and then a new bloke comes along and he looks all right and then he gets a few mates and they begin to look like a team and then someone special gets in the mix and we begin to believe again. 'HOPE' it's all we've got but then it's all we've ever had. 'Belief' well thats a rare quality that does'nt come easy and the boys have to show something for us to believe in.

Are you gonna be the one?
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:
Enrico_Misso wrote: Watching us lose today was so painful, not because we lost a H&A game.
But rather the steadily growing all-consuming realisation of just how massive those two GF "losses" were.
That sums the emotion up perfectly Enrico...that is the torture in every loss from now until we win the big one ;-(
The ghosts of Septembers past will be frequent visitors for years to come

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Wait until their sitting in the stands in September, then they'll understand what painful is.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Wait until their sitting in the stands in September, then they'll understand what painful is.
Pretty sure they understand the pain, its just trying to get your body and mind to continue somrthing that doesnt seem winnable.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:Wait until their sitting in the stands in September, then they'll understand what painful is.
Pretty sure they understand the pain, its just trying to get your body and mind to continue somrthing that doesnt seem winnable.
Another reason we miss Lenny...

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
tweedaletomanning
Club Player

The only upside, if you can call it that, is that no matter what happens from here on in , I can NEVER feel as bad or as hurt as what I did after GF2. :cry:

I just hope I can live a long enough life to see us win at least one.

How much is it to be cryogenically stored??