Saints v Bombers...game thread and live scores!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kalsaint
Club Player

wasaintsfan wrote:wheres all the keyboard coaches gne? We need mre kids? We need to play mre attacking? Awesome now piss off with those theories
I still reckon its the right thing to do. Essendon had this problem a couple of seasons ago.

Saints have had the ball more, similar Inside 50'S, but being killed in hit outs 3 for 1. This makes Jobe Watson's job a lot easier and makes clearances more difficult.

If the older players Milne, Sneider etc who arent doing well today.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:Walk away folks...it's much easier

Yep, I agree, no point worrying about it, gone for the day and year. What game?

I love this club
degruch
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:lynch actually copped a knock or something today playing for sandy
it was ankle i think although they originally said it was knee
so im not 100% sure what it is
simpkin also got a knock to the calf
both went back on but commentators said they were both running at about 50%
That'd be right. :roll:

Newman
Club Player

Feel the same as St Patrick. Very few teams get a crack at 3 Grand Finals in a row. After being so brilliant for a few years the younger and faster teams are passing us by. A bye and then Brisbane at our fave ground the Gabba - oh dear. :(

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Remember that side that even when 7 goals behind, you still felt you were in it, because this team never gave up?

I don't feel like that belief is there at the moment, this is purely confidence.

sendmehomehappy
Club Player

Anyone else want to throw in the towel at 1/2 time in round 3 after the team has played in the last 3 consecutive grand finals?

Then you too can (rhymes with duck) off.... you weak bastards.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

wasaintsfan wrote:wheres all the keyboard coaches gne? We need mre kids? We need to play mre attacking? Awesome now piss off with those theories
where you been? bombers always beat us regardless of game style.
i knew this would happen. bombers would do their usual job on us and then people would blame kids or game style and want to go back to the past like conservatism is the answer.

they have us over a barrel and beat us the last 3 times + 2 nab cup games.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:Not just the game..the dream is over...sorry guys I'm out of here..and anyone accusing me of being weak would get a right cross to the bridge of the nose if they said it to my face..there comes a point where the frustration starts to adversely affect your life..and I reached that after the grand final last year..my disappointment dates back to 71 so we are talking forty years..just gut retching that this group may not go down as a premiership team..if off to sit in the backyard for a few healing ales..temporary relief but I'll take it..all the best guys..see you again I hope !
No complaints here stpat. I felt the same way myself since gf2...I've stepped right back this year. From someone that went every week including interstate 2-3 times a year,to this year not even watching it on tv. It's much easier. My only involvement is keeping an eye on these match day threads.

The end has come,and I feel for those who are still desperatly hanging on.

I'll be back again, but at the moment,it's just easier and makes much more common sense walking away. Call me weak or whatever,I don't care. Football is not meant to make you miserable for the majority of the time,when it does,time to take a break

Bring back the Lockett era
matrix
Saintsational Legend

lets hope its just a knock and he is ok

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:Not just the game..the dream is over...sorry guys I'm out of here..and anyone accusing me of being weak would get a right cross to the bridge of the nose if they said it to my face..there comes a point where the frustration starts to adversely affect your life..and I reached that after the grand final last year..my disappointment dates back to 71 so we are talking forty years..just gut retching that this group may not go down as a premiership team..if off to sit in the backyard for a few healing ales..temporary relief but I'll take it..all the best guys..see you again I hope !
No criticism from me, can understand the way you feel. Again the club has failed to deliver. I am now certain we will never see a flag.

I love this club
baf
Club Player

we hav e nothing o lose play them one on one give first option and build some team confidence

kalsaint
Club Player

Hope you are back Saint Patrick and I understand your history. I have followed the Saints from a young kid when they lost the 1965 Grand Final.

The '71 final was probably Hawthorns year overall but the Saints had their chances in both the Second Semi and later the GF. The one against Adelaide in 97 was the one that really sucked we were definitely equal withGeeolong that year and better than the rest. Just the same issue as now, no ruckman dominance and ground control despite Harvey's solid showing.

I agree I think we needed change 3 years ago to match 5the rule changes over recent times but we have missed chances and blew selections here.

I'm disappointed but wont jump off just yet (but have for today).

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

starsign
Club Player

degruch wrote:
Buckets wrote:Why the hell have we not put a tag on Watson?
We do every time...no change in the result. Goddard is terribly out of form...needs to stay in the middle of the ground and get more ball. Defence, forward, not going to work for him or us.
yep Watson kills every time!!

he's out on his own most of the time it seems

Once we can't apply the old Saints Footy and it goes out the window ( ie negative stuff that tends to keep the opposition very low scoring ....and we hope to score enough to win)
then we have no other Plan B ie some type of counter attacking positive footy sides blow us away cos we can't kick goals ourselves

time for total rethink in terms of how we play with the cattle we have for mine !

wasaintsfan
Club Player

i know bombers always run over us. But trying to play like them against them is sillY

Statsman
Club Player

Quite simply we turn the ball over far too often. We just butcher the ball going inside 50 which means a) we don't score and b) the opposition scores easily on the rebound. If we can't find a way to use the ball effectively going into attack, we're going to spend a lot of time chasing tail.

"Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates." - Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
matrix
Saintsational Legend

ohh ffs

kalsaint
Club Player

starsign wrote:
degruch wrote:
We do every time...no change in the result. Goddard is terribly out of form...needs to stay in the middle of the ground and get more ball. Defence, forward, not going to work for him or us.

Once we can't apply the old Saints Footy and it goes out the window ( ie negative stuff that tends to keep the opposition very low scoring ....and we hope to score enough to win)
then we have no other Plan B ie some type of counter attacking positive footy sides blow us away cos we can't kick goals ourselves

time for total rethink in terms of how we play with the cattle we have for mine !
I reckon Ross is probably making a point here not closing up the game. The team needs to develop forward thrusts with creativity even if it plays with dour defense normally. This hasnt happened whenever we have lost key players like Roo. This needs to be part of the game plan and if it cant be done by opening the play he will need to reassess th team's overall ability to compete for the future.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

wasaintsfan wrote:i know bombers always run over us. But trying to play like them against them is sillY
yeah. but they beat us anyway we play em.
we are getting hammered on stoppages. anyone got stats on stoppages?
we miss lendog.

can someone seriously knock jobe out? i like the guy and its not fair play. but im so so tired of him killing us. we all knew it was going to happen.

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

COME ON WHERE ARE THE SAINTS OF OLD.

COME ON SOMEONE LIFT, SHOW SOMETHING.

axcellence
Club Player

kalsaint wrote:
starsign wrote:
degruch wrote:

I reckon Ross is probably making a point here not closing up the game. The team needs to develop forward thrusts with creativity even if it plays with dour defense normally. This hasnt happened whenever we have lost key players like Roo. This needs to be part of the game plan and if it cant be done by opening the play he will need to reassess th team's overall ability to compete for the future.
Yep... he's making the point by destroying the percentage. These type of points are made by bottom 4 teams with no hope of making finals. Not ones with finals aspirations.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

its a mistake to play to Essendons strengths instead of our own.

If we have to learn a new style of football after 2007/08/09/10 then we will have another gap year or 3 while they learn the new game, by which time we'll be finished.

our back 6 is unsettled, which is the root of many of our problems.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

ffs grammy

jesus :evil:

kalsaint
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
wasaintsfan wrote:i know bombers always run over us. But trying to play like them against them is sillY
yeah. but they beat us anyway we play em.
we are getting hammered on stoppages. anyone got stats on stoppages?
we miss lendog.

can someone seriously knock jobe out? i like the guy and its not fair play. but im so so tired of him killing us. we all knew it was going to happen.
This is where Luke Ball was really good. Ask Carlton members they blame their long series of losses to Saints due to Ball, Lenny and Harvey and their poor ruck stocks at the time.

savatage
SS Life Member

Gram needs to be dropped.

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Is there a clause in Gram's 2011 contract that states he is to be completely useless?