Jason Blake's spot in the side

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:If Gumbleton plays, though, they'll have Hurley, Ryder and Gumbleton up there for much of the game and they're all genuinely big.
Hmm, defence matchups are interesting this week hey APS.

Fisher
Dawson
Dempster
Gilbert
Raph
Gwilt

What is everyone thinking?

I'm thinking Monfries is a similar matchup and size to a Gia, Stevie J, Didak and maybe that's who Ross has Dempster in mind for?

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

I don't mind the idea of your man playing on Jobe, to see how he goes in that role.
Otherwise, I guess he could play on Monfries, although he's a fair bit smaller than Dempster.
I believe we really do need to develop someone new for playing down back on the really super-fast "smalls", because they're the ones that have cut us up in the past couple of years, against the likes of Essendon and Carlton.
Maybe Cripps will eventually be the one that fulfills that role.
Last edited by AnythingsPossibleSaints on Thu 07 Apr 2011 10:28pm, edited 1 time in total.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:If Gumbleton plays, though, they'll have Hurley, Ryder and Gumbleton up there for much of the game and they're all genuinely big.

Fisher
Dawson
Dempster
Gilbert
Raph
Gwilt

I'm thinking Monfries is a similar matchup and size to a Gia, Stevie J, Didak and maybe that's who Ross has Dempster in mind for?
Could be his last game for the Saints if he fails again.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
realdeal
Club Player

St Lenny wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
matrix wrote:when was the last time he was omitted???

i cant remember
seems to always be in the side
i find it weird that dempster still manages to get a spot but is far less versatile then blake is

must be because he has a GF medal :shock:
While this is a direct message to Blakey it's also an indirect message to other stalwarts such as Baker and Dempster.

And that message is "your place in the senior side is no longer guaranteed"

And players such as Jones and Peake will also be under no misunderstanding about their positions in the side.

Bad luck for Jason but a ver strong signal to the team IMO.
If your correct, how does Blakey get dropped over Baker, Dempster, Clarke, McQualter, Gram to name a few (yes I realise some are out injured anyway). Yes I agree he has made some mistakes over the last couple of weeks, but gee, the others have been woeful. And Blake has been fantastic down back for us for a long time. Not happy at all.
He is a tall with no obvious match up. Just like the past 2 weeks. He is a solid chb but thats it nowadays..

A team with a few tall key fwds Blake would be in but atm Fish, Dawson, Raph, Gilbert, Gwilt are better match ups for the teams we're playing.

We cant just have a team of 192cm backmen can we....

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

realdeal wrote:
We cant just have a team of 192cm backmen can we....
Wouldn't have thought so either but were you there last week? :wink:

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:

Fisher
Dawson
Dempster
Gilbert
Raph
Gwilt

Monfries is in and I agree - he seems like the perfect match-up for Dempster. Trouble is Monfries has torn Dempster a new one the last few times we have played them so I fear for that match-up again.