SCARF SALUTE for our SKIPPER !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

SCARF SALUTE for our SKIPPER !!

How about it guys & gals?

Hold your scarves up PROUDLY as our skipper breaks through the banner on Sunday

Who's with me? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

jroberts:)
Club Player

Yeah im with you! :lol:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

ill do it in the lounge....

Saints43
Club Player

I have been overseas and only got back to see the Tigers match... so don't know if this has been mentioned in passing or done to death...

But, was the scarf they are handing out this year even an option when we voted?

And, if so, did we actually have a majority of members vote for it? It's hideous. imo.

SaintDebi
Club Player

Well I would Eastern, if I could collect my scarf, but as i STILL haven't received my membership card........

Shattered dreams are just opportunities for improvement. Live and learn, fail and try harder. 2011 beckons.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

I hate to be a stick in mud again with this idea..its great in theory but Im afraid most people will want to applaud Roo as he appears for his 200th. Simple fact is that you cant hold a scarf up while your clapping. AFL culture says that when the team runs out the song starts..and people like clapping along with our song..and applauding our skipper. It will sound very weird having noone applaud dont you think??

The scarf holding up is an English football tradition and works cos people sing not clap. Yes it looks great but you'll never get 30,000 fans doing it in a million years....the applause thing is just too welded on.

The photos everyone sees at the post 2009 "wake" were taken AFTER the players walked out onto the dais, at the request of Michael Roberts. The applause as they entered had already happened

Maybe do it at the toss but it will never work as the team runs out..sorry

PS.. I love the 2011 scarf !!!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

SaintDebi wrote:Well I would Eastern, if I could collect my scarf, but as i STILL haven't received my membership card........
i bought my membership the night we played Geelong, and got it the following Wednesday :)

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

SaintDebi wrote:Well I would Eastern, if I could collect my scarf, but as i STILL haven't received my membership card........
Have you called the club about it? Multiple times? I would have. I may have even raised my voice !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

wasaintsfan
Club Player

i got my orig card in feb,.... then few weeks ago got reserved seating and got my new card in a week =\ defo call them

SaintDebi
Club Player

Eastern wrote:
Have you called the club about it? Multiple times? I would have. I may have even raised my voice !!
I think they know the sound of my voice by now. Can only phone on our days off so Graeme has been calling every Wednesday and I've been calling every Friday.
I've tried not to raise my voice- even though I feel like it- because I get the impression the people on the phones are just as frustrated as I am.
I've had some lovely SSers give me some contact numbers and e-mails (and thank you to them) so if there's nothing in tomorrow's mail I'll be on to that.

Shattered dreams are just opportunities for improvement. Live and learn, fail and try harder. 2011 beckons.
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

I'll be on a plane.

Hopefully the guy in seat 35G won't mind.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti23 wrote:I'll be on a plane.

Hopefully the guy in seat 35G won't mind.
:)

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs