David Armitage stepped up tonight

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

What is wrong with richmond.....they should have beaten us....

Some very talented mids

wasaintsfan
Club Player

BigMart wrote:What is wrong with richmond.....they should have beaten us....

Some very talented mids
thats the problem by the end of the game they shouldve beaten us....

"top 4" team vs "middle" team we shouldve put them away....
im not attacking richmonds performance by all accounts i thought they had us...

im attacking our performance as it shouldve been much better

dont see collingwood struggling and theyve had as little time to prep as us...
hoping armo can back it up against a team like essendon

PJ
SS Life Member

I have no problem with Armo he did a great job but he was playing with Lenny not instead of him. To expect Armo to be Lenny is unreasonable he just needs to keep up his development and we need another mid to back him up. I think the only one that could do anywhere near the job is Jonesy. Take him out of the tagging role and give him a shot at extracting the pill himself.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

armos manager will just double his asking price i reckon.

was our best player AND with lendog out - maybe forever - Armo has just found himself suddenly with a big fat contract extension on the cards.

hope him and the saints get the deal done sooner rather than later. hes deserved it. worked his butt off for 4 years with not much reward.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

not having a dig at the fella, after all you can only play against the opposition your up against.

like most forumites but not the coach I believe he should have had much more game time over the last 2 years then he has had. He's failed to establish himself as a regular player to date.

1 ok game and 1 very good game out of 2 doesn't earn him that status. I want to see him back it up and consistently for a sustained period of time is all I'm saying.

widereceiver
Club Player

Contract extension?
Let's see some sustained form before we dream he's even going to make it as a regular player. I hope he does, especially now, but I'm not convinced.

I wouldn't mention him in the same breath as our rightful captain but he did a whole lot better than some of our past, over-rated All Australians - e.g. Montagna must be worth a few early draft picks if the other clubs believe that nonsense.

"Winning's not everything, it's the ONLY thing!" Vince Lombardi.
Sam Gilbert #1 booster - always on the attack!!!
Win more for Winmar
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:armos manager will just double his asking price i reckon.

was our best player AND with lendog out - maybe forever - Armo has just found himself suddenly with a big fat contract extension on the cards.

hope him and the saints get the deal done sooner rather than later. hes deserved it. worked his butt off for 4 years with not much reward.
Tell me this post is a joke. One game equals contract extention and he deserves it. And people say the media change from week to week. The guy deserves the year he got and that is a maybe. He can get an extention when he plays weel enought o play at least 20 games baring injury, not one good game and one average one.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

When will mini or eddy or dempster play a game of similar influence....and the one he played in 2009 against hawthorn when he got 3 brownlow votes....definitely not last years gf or replay.....dempster ok....but now he has to go for lynch/smith

Armos biggest problem has been opportunity, not ability....very capable of these performances....unfortunately, like all young players he will have down games.....and supporters (and even worse...the coach) have not allowed him to grow....

Ive watched a mountain of casey/sandy games.....armo always a key influence on the game, andclearly above that level.

Armo probably secured another couple of votes.....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:When will mini or eddy or dempster play a game of similar influence....and the one he played in 2009 against hawthorn when he got 3 brownlow votes....definitely not last years gf or replay.....dempster ok....but now he has to go for lynch/smith

Armos biggest problem has been opportunity, not ability....very capable of these performances....unfortunately, like all young players he will have down games.....and supporters (and even worse...the coach) have not allowed him to grow....

Ive watched a mountain of casey/sandy games.....armo always a key influence on the game, andclearly above that level.

Armo probably secured another couple of votes.....
So he should get a new contract today?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Now lenny has gone down......yes

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Now lenny has gone down......yes
Do we now give contracts weekly. Wonder what Rooy will earn next week?

StNoodles
Club Player

He'll face a pretty tough test next week in Jobe Watson. If he can have a similar output I'll be very impressed.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

wasaintsfan wrote:
BigMart wrote:What is wrong with richmond.....they should have beaten us....

Some very talented mids
thats the problem by the end of the game they shouldve beaten us....

"top 4" team vs "middle" team we shouldve put them away....
im not attacking richmonds performance by all accounts i thought they had us...

im attacking our performance as it shouldve been much better

dont see collingwood struggling and theyve had as little time to prep as us...
hoping armo can back it up against a team like essendon
I think Collingwood was in Arizona whilst we were still on holidays

Will we pick up a player in the SSP window :?:
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

StNoodles wrote:He'll face a pretty tough test next week in Jobe Watson. If he can have a similar output I'll be very impressed.
Yep. He has struggled on the fast track at the dome. Friday nights blustery conditions were VFL like and suits Armo to a tea.
He's an old fashioned nuggety midfielder,needs to show consistancy in the cacoon however

Bring back the Lockett era
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:armos manager will just double his asking price i reckon.

Wont be worth much if he doesn't perform.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

He needs to show consistecy does he????

He's a 30 game player...... Most players play 50-80 before they deliver consistency......although he should be there

P66
I think its reasonablento assume armo is now a priority signing for two reasons
1...a second knee injury will cut lenny off short, we need a player to step up and provide some sort of grunt in the centre square....he is the most likely.
2....through increased opportunity he will begin to deliver....GWS will look at all players out of contract in the 21-26yo age bracket even befeore seasons end, and the compensation for him would be low, and after years of development (or lack of) and money spent, to see him poached when he was just starting to pay dividends would be ironic....

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I think he was good the week previous as well, he couldn't help being rotated out of the middle for alot of the game.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Was ordinary last year when he was given a run at it. We were having a tilt at a premiership. You don't gift under performing players a spot in your midfield when you're a top 4 side. He deserved to be dropped

He has chance this year,let's hope he delivers. Will be an interesting story as the year goes by

Bring back the Lockett era
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:He needs to show consistecy does he????

He's a 30 game player...... Most players play 50-80 before they deliver consistency......although he should be there

P66
I think its reasonablento assume armo is now a priority signing for two reasons
1...a second knee injury will cut lenny off short, we need a player to step up and provide some sort of grunt in the centre square....he is the most likely.
2....through increased opportunity he will begin to deliver....GWS will look at all players out of contract in the 21-26yo age bracket even befeore seasons end, and the compensation for him would be low, and after years of development (or lack of) and money spent, to see him poached when he was just starting to pay dividends would be ironic....
He is a priority if he can play a few good games in a row. One good game and one average one doesnt make GWS go out and chance him even slightly. I think players need to show more than he has to go out and get him now even if lenny is missing. I hope like hell in 6-8 games i am well and truly hope we are chasing his signature.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Did you read my post???

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Did you read my post???
Yes and i answered it.