M2 reserved area last night

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

hellorocky
Club Player

M2 reserved area last night

if you are a St kilda social club member with reserved seats in M2 JJ seats around 7 and 9 - you should be ashamed of yourself giving opposition fans your tickets. As far as I understand the gate attendant should have asked for the card and ID to confirm they were the owners, he refused saying his supervisor told him he just needed to check the ticket.

And WHY do we have to put up with filthy, disgusting chants targeting our boys, from the tigers in the standing area behind us :x I suppose this will happen again from the cats fans. Granted the police did remove a few and they stayed around but the chants continued.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

if a saints members gives up their seat to a tigers, people checking tickets cant do anything about it. there is no rule against it, all they have to do is check the ticket. who really cares anyway? is it that big of a deal?

and the tiger army aka the richmond grog squad have always been behind the punt road goals. its a shame stkilda dont have anything like that. but yes their chants/language were not exactly children friendly

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:if a saints members gives up their seat to a tigers, people checking tickets cant do anything about it. there is no rule against it, all they have to do is check the ticket. who really cares anyway? is it that big of a deal?
But if you read the condtions on your ticket/membership it says it is illegal for it to be used by any other than the designated owner and if found to be so you can lose your membership...and certainly at etihad they will be checking closer

two tigers in our area too..
Last edited by saintbrat on Sat 02 Apr 2011 9:35pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
SaintDebi
Club Player

Plenty of tigers in M15 too.
I thought they would ruin my night but most of them weren't too bad. Worse were the saints supporters behind us who were sitting in seats they openly admitted were not theirs who thought their jokes about our players and photos in the off season were funny. I let them know they weren't.

Shattered dreams are just opportunities for improvement. Live and learn, fail and try harder. 2011 beckons.
saintnick12
Club Player

That group in M2 were a disgrace.

We should have to put up with that in a Saints reserve seat area at a saints home game. Yep there were about 6 cops there, but technically there wasn't much they could do...they weren't breaking the law...just being completely feral. At least the Geelong group from last year were mildy funny with their chants, the Richmond group were just yobbo's...the bay 13 crowd as my dad said. When they started chanting "Dig a hole" when Lenny went down, it was all I could do to contain myself....
One or two can be really annoying, but a big group like that with organized chanting...completely spoilt my night (we were in row AA). Unfortunately the area behind us was GA, so anyone can sit there. This group obviously stand there every week and taunt the opposition supporters.

On another note, my son's girlfriend is a richmond member and was sitting in a members area (not reserve seating) in the ponsford stand. He got a passout from our area at qtr time and went over to meet her (after we checked that the passout was able to be used between stands as this is sometimes not the case). They wouldn't let him in her bay as it was reserve seating, so he stood at the back of the bay (only a few there). After half time, the attendant told them they could sit together in the very back row of the bay, as long as he didn't cheer too loudly :shock:
Nice of her to let them (they are only 15 year olds), but strange that she would actually say that to him.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saintnick12 wrote:That group in M2 were a disgrace.

We should have to put up with that in a Saints reserve seat area at a saints home game. Yep there were about 6 cops there, but technically there wasn't much they could do...they weren't breaking the law...just being completely feral. At least the Geelong group from last year were mildy funny with their chants, the Richmond group were just yobbo's...the bay 13 crowd as my dad said. When they started chanting "Dig a hole" when Lenny went down, it was all I could do to contain myself....
One or two can be really annoying, but a big group like that with organized chanting...completely spoilt my night (we were in row AA). Unfortunately the area behind us was GA, so anyone can sit there. This group obviously stand there every week and taunt the opposition supporters.

On another note, my son's girlfriend is a richmond member and was sitting in a members area (not reserve seating) in the ponsford stand. He got a passout from our area at qtr time and went over to meet her (after we checked that the passout was able to be used between stands as this is sometimes not the case). They wouldn't let him in her bay as it was reserve seating, so he stood at the back of the bay (only a few there). After half time, the attendant told them they could sit together in the very back row of the bay, as long as he didn't cheer too loudly :shock:
Nice of her to let them (they are only 15 year olds), but strange that she would actually say that to him.
I get amazed this sort of blatant antagonistic behaviour is allowed - we allow 30 or so p!ssed people to stand round and chant (including abusive language) abuse purely to taunt opposition fans?

MCG is a shytehole.

“Yeah….nah””
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

saintnick12 wrote:Nice of her to let them (they are only 15 year olds), but strange that she would actually say that to him.
It's not that strange, I've convinced the employees on the aisles to let me into reserved seating areas numerous times, all you need to do is smile :)

Scottish Saint
Club Player

There were Richmond fans in M9 as well but what was really disgusting was the behaviour of the drunk Tigers standing at the back abusing our "rapists" all night. There were stewards sitting right in front of them.

Should I have complained? Probably, but who wants to be seen dobbing people in? Anyway, they would almost certainly have done nothing about it.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Scottish Saint wrote:There were Richmond fans in M9 as well but what was really disgusting was the behaviour of the drunk Tigers standing at the back abusing our "rapists" all night. There were stewards sitting right in front of them.

Should I have complained? Probably, but who wants to be seen dobbing people in? Anyway, they would almost certainly have done nothing about it.
The grounds a haven for drunk shyte.

They allow it to happen...I can see a mass brawl erupting sooner or later...will they still be calling it the "peoples ground" then?

“Yeah….nah””
stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Scottish Saint wrote:There were Richmond fans in M9 as well but what was really disgusting was the behaviour of the drunk Tigers standing at the back abusing our "rapists" all night. There were stewards sitting right in front of them.

Person I was sitting with complained to one the cops that was standing in front of us about the rapists chant and she actually went upto the ring leader and warned them. They didn't chant that for rest of the game if my memory serves me correct.

And the "Barmy Army" chant they were doing, seriously get your own
material.....

saintnick12
Club Player

#1GILL wrote:
saintnick12 wrote:Nice of her to let them (they are only 15 year olds), but strange that she would actually say that to him.
It's not that strange, I've convinced the employees on the aisles to let me into reserved seating areas numerous times, all you need to do is smile :)
Not strange that she let them sit there, strange that she told him not to barrack too much...as it was a richmond area.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Luckily I have been to the footy pissed and carried on a bit. i take it no one in this thread has either. Big friggin deal if opposition supporters sit in our area. A bit of banter never hurt anyone. As for giving your ticket away again it might be against the rules but why should it matter, you pay for it so you can take the risk of lending it out. I lent my AFL ticket on Friday, Shoot me.

And blaming the MCG for people being pissed is a bit over the top. never happens at other grounds.

The one thing though that shouldnt happen is constant bad language. To be honest couldnt give a f*** about bad language as it is only words but it can be embarrassing for some people. We complain though of bad language at the footy, what about trains on the way home from the footy.

hellorocky
Club Player

absolutely NOT ACCEPTABLE for opposition fans to be sitting in and cheering for the opposition in what was the social club area on Friday. I don't have a problem with tickets being shared around Saints friends but NO obvious OPPOSITION. I daresay it would have been dealt with differently at Etihad.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

M10, we were in the last row, therefore right in front of the standing area full of Richmond supporters who were basically appalling.

First of all one kept calling their own players in the first quarters
f****** spastics and followed up constantly calling James Gwilt "Jemima" which is a racial slur in the USA and I was really hoping some big black American would walk straight into the area and deck the d**khead.

I gave back as soon as I could especially afer his scream of "baaaaaalllll" whereby I asked him to now spell it-silence.

I'm not one to go and dob in other supporters re the racial vilification of one of our players particularly when you'd have to explain why "Jemima" is a slur, so you find yourself stuck between a rock and a hard place having to deal with these ignorant idiots.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

I have friends in the Richmond CS, and that mob of drunks in standing room at the back of M2 is a source of frustration to even them

A lot of them were members of the CS who've been kicked out for abusive behavior or drunkenness and decided to form their own group. They call themselves the "Tiger Army" and have the name on tee-shirts and jackets , so are often mistaken for official CS members, and the CS wrongly blamed for some of their behavior

At Richmond home games its fine, as 99% of the people at that end are Tigers fans and they can be very noisy and supportive when things are going well. But the grief they cause opposition fans at Richmond away games goes far beyond normal banter as was witnessed on Friday night

I know for a fact there was a big dustup between members of that group and the actual CS at a game at the Gabba few years ago. They do love the Tigers but they also love getting seriously pyssed almost as much. I think there was a stoush between them and some Pies fans a couple of years ago too.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:I have friends in the Richmond CS, and that mob of drunks in standing room at the back of M2 is a source of frustration to even them

A lot of them were members of the CS who've been kicked out for abusive behavior or drunkenness and decided to form their own group. They call themselves the "Tiger Army" and have the name on tee-shirts and jackets , so are often mistaken for official CS members, and the CS wrongly blamed for some of their behavior

At Richmond home games its fine, as 99% of the people at that end are Tigers fans and they can be very noisy and supportive when things are going well. But the grief they cause opposition fans at Richmond away games goes far beyond normal banter as was witnessed on Friday night

I know for a fact there was a big dustup between members of that group and the actual CS at a game at the Gabba few years ago. They do love the Tigers but they also love getting seriously pyssed almost as much. I think there was a stoush between them and some Pies fans a couple of years ago too.
richmond cheer squad:

enough said

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."