Gram - we have lost the hunger

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Teflon wrote:Pot kettle black from Gram.

Time and again Ive seen soft 1 arm attempts at tackles and tonight in the fwd line when he had the chance to go.....he squibbed it allright.

Has to join Baker, Blake on the outside from now. These guys are our "Obree, Lockyers, Medhurst's"........decision time Ross....show some balls.
You may be right, but who are our Sidebottom's, Beam's, Dawes'?
Id start with Stevens, Smith and Winmar (emmergency tonight) and Cripps.

Thats the future. We wont win a flag with whats out their tonight so why pesrist?

Its obvious sides have caught us and with some more size to their youth will go past us.

Time to face facts.

“Yeah….nah””
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
degruch wrote:

Time and again Ive seen soft 1 arm attempts at tackles and tonight in the fwd line when he had the chance to go.....he squibbed it allright.

Has to join Baker, Blake on the outside from now. These guys are our "Obree, Lockyers, Medhurst's"........decision time Ross....show some balls.

Thats the future. We wont win a flag with whats out their tonight so why pesrist?

Its obvious sides have caught us and with some more size to their youth will go past us.

Time to face facts.
2 injured players, 2 unknowns. I hope some guys put their hands up tomorrow...god knows there's some incentive!

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:Id start with Stevens, Smith and Winmar (emmergency tonight) and Cripps.

Time to face facts.
Who is Stevens?

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Teflon wrote:
degruch wrote:

Time to face facts.
2 injured players, 2 unknowns. I hope some guys put their hands up tomorrow...god knows there's some incentive!
I think coupled with an Armitage Cripps (not injured) and Winmar (emmergency due to good form in VFL) would have been refreshing tonight. Instead, we played same old.

We will go backwards, kids will be up and down but its about the future now.

Essendon will smack us next week. Lock down wont work against them...hasnt past 6 times.

“Yeah….nah””
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
degruch wrote:
Teflon wrote:
degruch wrote:

Time to face facts.
I think coupled with an Armitage Cripps (not injured) and Winmar (emmergency due to good form in VFL) would have been refreshing tonight. Instead, we played same old.

We will go backwards, kids will be up and down but its about the future now.

Essendon will smack us next week. Lock down wont work against them...hasnt past 6 times.
I reckon one newby, and probably Geary (plus Kosi replacing Archer) will get a run next week. But a game against the Dons should be taken seriously...there won't be mass alterations. I just hope Dempster goes FFS, he was truly terrible tonight.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:
Teflon wrote:Id start with Stevens, Smith and Winmar (emmergency tonight) and Cripps.

Time to face facts.
Who is Stevens?
Neil Stevens we drafted him 3 years ago - great get. You should get to know the list better before semantics...

“Yeah….nah””
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:

Time to face facts.
Who is Stevens?
Neil Stevens we drafted him 3 years ago - great get. You should get to know the list better before semantics...
I'm getting sick of people getting his name wrong after 3 years.

Ross Lyon included

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:
Teflon wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:

Time to face facts.
Who is Stevens?
I'm getting sick of people getting his name wrong after 3 years.

Ross Lyon included
Im sick of world hunger.
There are bigger things... :roll:

“Yeah….nah””
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
mullet wrote:Yep well Gram didnt look too bloody hungry to bend over and get the ball when it was in our forward line in the last quarter. Hate to say it but he squibbed it. Mirror time grammie
Well, he was telling it like it is. he has never been a tough in and under player, maybe he has also lost the hunger.

instead of attacking Gram look at the comment that RL will be injecting youth into the team.

isn't that what everyone has been crying out for?
indeed so - but if i've learned one thing about ross - it's not to believe him. hopefully it was a message to the team and not to the media and it will happen.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
The darkness
Club Player

Gram can go F%$K himself. Im sick of watching a bloke with talent to burn act like a complete soft c**k week after week. Its AFL frickin football Jason , having tatts doesnt automatically mean your a hard nut. Try committting your body and soul to the contest without regard to the outcome and you may just surprise yourself and actuall win a few more contested possesions.
Apart from working on your tan over summer why the F@#K hasnt your kicking improved ? Youve got all the resources at your disposal to try and improve your greatest weapon and you still manage to butcher the ball on numerous occasions.. Frickin piss poor...the only person who has lost the hunger is you because you are not prepared to work hard enough on your deficiencies..

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The darkness wrote:Gram can go F%$K himself. Im sick of watching a bloke with talent to burn act like a complete soft c**k week after week. Its AFL frickin football Jason , having tatts doesnt automatically mean your a hard nut. Try committting your body and soul to the contest without regard to the outcome and you may just surprise yourself and actuall win a few more contested possesions.
Apart from working on your tan over summer why the F@#K hasnt your kicking improved ? Youve got all the resources at your disposal to try and improve your greatest weapon and you still manage to butcher the ball on numerous occasions.. Frickin piss poor...the only person who has lost the hunger is you because you are not prepared to work hard enough on your deficiencies..
Yes fancy a player saying what a lot are thinking. I think it is actually good he said it. Maybe it will shake a few big heads up.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

degruch wrote:Next week is the wrong time to experiment.
Damned if they do and damned if they don't. Hard decisions ahead.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
spert
Saintsational Legend

Our senior players didn't show leadership last night..disappointed in NDS, Montagna (playmakers) who didn't lift when needed..poor defensive games. Gram will spend more time in the midfield and played resonably OK last night. Like to keep Archer and bring in Stanley and couple of others to replace Peake and Dempster

chook23
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The darkness wrote:Gram can go F%$K himself. Im sick of watching a bloke with talent to burn act like a complete soft c**k week after week. Its AFL frickin football Jason , having tatts doesnt automatically mean your a hard nut. Try committting your body and soul to the contest without regard to the outcome and you may just surprise yourself and actuall win a few more contested possesions.
Yes fancy a player saying what a lot are thinking. I think it is actually good he said it. Maybe it will shake a few big heads up.
especially himself

saint4life
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
especially himself
You could easily be right andthat is why what he said sounds correct to me.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Yep well Gram didnt look too bloody hungry to bend over and get the ball when it was in our forward line in the last quarter. Hate to say it but he squibbed it. Mirror time grammie
agreed.

might come back to the rest of this thread later.

not wasting more of my morning on these butterboys and their hairstyles.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Hate to say it but most dissapointing was BJ, Delidio made him look stupid, its one thing to get tagged its another to let your tagger dominate the other way.
The good thing about that is BJ is the proudest bloke on our list and WILL have a blinder next week.

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Yes incredibly disappointed in Goddard, hope he improves against essendon because tneyll tag him equally as hard.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Grams comments might be just the spur the team needs.

Maybe this is the moment Armitage really steps up, he has been serviceable for the first two games, but, now is it for Armo.

Add a bit of youth (speed & enthusiasm) in Cripps, Steven & maybe Stanley, and watch us come out and belt Essendon.

Too early in the season to give them away yet.

saintjake
Club Player

defacto wrote:funny thing is this just might the game that is the start of our next challenge.

i have a feeling that hayes is gone for a large part of this season.

i think at the end of this year the retirements will be:
- hayes
- gardiner
- baker

next year:
- blake
- milne

If Milne can,i think you'll find he will want to play forever. He just loves thegame.
and why not, sure he has some shockers but he is still the best small forward we have.
if gram keeps the same consistancy then he's trade/delist. same for peake. ray/dempster/clarke will be ok.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
SainterK wrote:
degruch wrote:

Dunno, but I'd be lying if I'm not a little excited at the prospect of finding out.
Next week is the wrong time to experiment.
yeah best we keep the same tried and trusted team thats done so well against the bombers in the last 2 years. wouldnt want to take any risks to upset that.

so we just go in with the same old same old for our ritual slaughter?

sendmehomehappy
Club Player

Essendon is youth

...with an new coach

and a new gameplan.

We have (maybe) a new or tinkered gameplan.

So lets fight fire with fire...and add the youth.

We aren't going to win with the round 2 team...nothing to lose and heaps of potential gain.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

i think from one of the collingwood/brisbane GFs clarke keating at 8 possessions and josh fraser has 24, but where it mattered, keating smashed fraser.

dinky hand passes and marks in the clear are nothing copared to winning it wehere it counts...

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
degruch wrote:
SainterK wrote:
degruch wrote:

Dunno, but I'd be lying if I'm not a little excited at the prospect of finding out.
Next week is the wrong time to experiment.
yeah best we keep the same tried and trusted team thats done so well against the bombers in the last 2 years. wouldnt want to take any risks to upset that.

so we just go in with the same old same old for our ritual slaughter?
You're forgetting we fielded almost the same team that beat the Don's by over 100 points the next game, a few seasons back, and lost by a couple goals.

We have the personnel to defeat them right now, let alone with a few changes...you guys seem to look at one weeks game and think that addressing the faults you've just seen, will fix the following game's challenges as well! I'm tired of hearing about pace, it friggin' skill that's required, not pace...bringing in 4 nervous noobies won't help our lack of skill. We need to balance experience with enthusiasm...I saw a lot of young Bombers make very stupid mistakes under pressure this week against the dowdy old Swans (and Leroy Jetta), we can do that too.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Just bring in people that are worthy of selection, I'm sure the selectors know when will be the right time.