Get over yourselves!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Get over yourselves!

Richmond played with a real hunger tonight! It was Essendon-like! And for 4 quarters of footy they gave everything! For our first quarter we tried another approach! Run with risk! And for awhile it worked! Worked long enough before the Tigers realized they'd lost their major scorer in J Rewoildt!

Early days! Take the 2 points and suck it up! All this shyte about rebuilding and gawn is total and upper crap! We've got a smart team, a smart coach and at this adolescent stage of the season we need to understand we're evolving a different approach! Stupid to say we're not learning as we're traveling!

Richmond is certainly an up and coming side. And why wouldn't they be after years of failure? Kudos to them!

My only concern is we seem to be relying purely on Milne! He runs his guts out for virtually every possession! Every goal snagged by the tip-rat is hard fought!..... But who else are we aiming for to kick the goals??? Roo is often rebounding out from half-back, he's not easy-spread jam ffs!! For the first time in a long time I now realize the full importance of Kosi! Bring him on!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
lefty
Club Player

Put simply, we should of put Richmond to bed after the first quarter.... but again as usual, we cannot kick straight and we paid the price.

That's that problem. Kicking for goal is woeful.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Re: Get over yourselves!

St. Luke wrote:Richmond played with a real hunger tonight! It was Essendon-like! And for 4 quarters of footy they gave everything!
the problem is that i reckon this is how most teams will try to play us this year. essendon sure will next week. if you just keep at the saints then eventually they'll make an error.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

What are you drinking/smoking St Luke?

Can I have it?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:What are you drinking/smoking St Luke?

Can I have it?
At least I'm not swallowing the bulls*** that we're done and dusted! It's round 2 ffs! I get more annoyed reading about the moron doomsayers on this site who pop up out of the woodwork whenever things get a bit bumpy! I wonder, truly I do, as to why people think we have this loser mentality! Just unreal! deadset dickheads!

And yes, our game-style has become predictable and out-dated!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:Richmond played with a real hunger tonight! !
But that is the problem.

We have too many going through the motions.

Ross...it is time for Ross Lyon Team Mark 2.

Bring in some players that want to give their all. We might have to stake a step back. But it is time to develop the next gen.

Enthusiam is infectious. They will make mistakes...but at least there is more upside.

Baker; Smith
Demspter: Simpkin or Winmar
Peake: Cripps
Blake: Stanley
Hayes: Schneider

Steven is injured????

Pity that Ledger is injured as he is just the nippy aggressive type that we need.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

lefty wrote:Put simply, we should of put Richmond to bed after the first quarter.... but again as usual, we cannot kick straight and we paid the price.

6.11 from set shots, set shots! :shock:

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Ps: let's go for the spoon! I give up! We might grab a good pick at the end of the season if we're lucky! You know, prepare for some retirements over the next 5 years and rebuild.......yawn yawn yawn

markp
Saintsational Legend

At least we'll have 2 premiership points at the completion of round 4 now.... :|

We're not done and dusted, but we're at the crossroads... and we're possibly/likely going to have to manage without our greatest warrior for the season.

Richter
SS Life Member

First quarter - Gilbert plays up forward and is involved in half the scoring efforts.

In the second half he moves back never to return to the forward line.

?

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
degruch
Saintsational Legend

lefty wrote:Put simply, we should of put Richmond to bed after the first quarter.... but again as usual, we cannot kick straight and we paid the price.

That's it in a nutshell.

Ma-ha-ha-ha-aaan though, the Tiges were farkin' lucky in the final quarter. I'd take out a lottery ticket if I was Hardwick...those last 2 shots.

Ended up being a pretty good game, ruined by lousy kicking.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

WE look like a team that has been asked to go to the well one too many times.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:First quarter - Gilbert plays up forward and is involved in half the scoring efforts.

In the second half he moves back never to return to the forward line.

?
He is never EVER to go forward again.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

agreed

Marchin' In
Club Player

St. Luke wrote:Ps: let's go for the spoon! I give up! We might grab a good pick at the end of the season if we're lucky! You know, prepare for some retirements over the next 5 years and rebuild.......yawn yawn yawn
No such thing as a good pick this year with GWS coming in.

UP THE SAINTERS!
Middo
Club Player

St. Luke wrote:Richmond played with a real hunger tonight! It was Essendon-like! And for 4 quarters of footy they gave everything! For our first quarter we tried another approach! Run with risk! And for awhile it worked! Worked long enough before the Tigers realized they'd lost their major scorer in J Rewoildt!

Early days! Take the 2 points and suck it up! All this shyte about rebuilding and gawn is total and upper crap! We've got a smart team, a smart coach and at this adolescent stage of the season we need to understand we're evolving a different approach! Stupid to say we're not learning as we're traveling!

Richmond is certainly an up and coming side. And why wouldn't they be after years of failure? Kudos to them!

My only concern is we seem to be relying purely on Milne! He runs his guts out for virtually every possession! Every goal snagged by the tip-rat is hard fought!..... But who else are we aiming for to kick the goals??? Roo is often rebounding out from half-back, he's not easy-spread jam ffs!! For the first time in a long time I now realize the full importance of Kosi! Bring him on!
Mate it's Richmond our bitch... and Milne was like where last week ..?
Kosi ...like he's been doing ok .

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Really? You think Kosi has been doing "okay"? Like when???

Essendon has owned us in the last 4 outings! Don't you think teams will take a leaf out of their book to work us out?

The hand skills with elements if luck got Richmond where they did tonight. Poor shots on goal got us to where we got tonight. Sometimes shyte happens!

After 2 seasons and consecutive Grand Finals, perhaps we've got a big of mental scarring to contend with? Something in our heads that suggests we have to remain defensive, simply because we can't win the tight contests.

I'll guarantee you that we won't be looking back to round 2 in Round 24 this season! We'll have adapted, like most smart teams do!

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Ps: Bassoon, I'm not saying you can't vent your anger, please do, but just hold the crap comments that people are suggesting "we're gone" and " time to rebuild". It's yawnable!

Middo
Club Player

St. Luke wrote:Really? You think Kosi has been doing "okay"? Like when???

Essendon has owned us in the last 4 outings! Don't you think teams will take a leaf out of their book to work us out?

The hand skills with elements if luck got Richmond where they did tonight. Poor shots on goal got us to where we got tonight. Sometimes shyte happens!

After 2 seasons and consecutive Grand Finals, perhaps we've got a big of mental scarring to contend with? Something in our heads that suggests we have to remain defensive, simply because we can't win the tight contests.

I'll guarantee you that we won't be looking back to round 2 in Round 24 this season! We'll have adapted, like most smart teams do!
Mate taking the piss in regards to Kosi cause you mentioned him !

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
degruch
Saintsational Legend

bassoon wrote:The will was there tonight and last week, but there is no pace, and as a result their skill looks ordinary.
May weekly recital...you don't need pace if you have skill. We weren't as bad as Richmond, but no-one is...we were still pretty awful. I can put this down to early days, but it's a pretty bad time to have a game against Essendon and then a bye, IMO.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Luke, I pray you're right

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
linz
Club Player

At least it probably won't come down to % given the draw unless the Swans & D's are involved.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

linz wrote:At least it probably won't come down to % given the draw unless the Swans & D's are involved.
The way it's going this year, it won't matter...everyone's due. At least at this rate were due for a stirring 1pt victory against the Dons!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I never have a problem talking the faults and shockers, just some really appear to enjoy annointing a player to the scrap heap.

hungry for a premiership
Club Player

St.Luke!!! Stop ending every sentence with an exclamation point!!! Do you shout at people all the time!?

BTW, I agree with you. I think we are definately playing a new game style, and we are just adjusting to it at the moment. We sacrificed defense for attack tonight. We'll get the balance right eventually, and hopefully peak come september.

It's still possible for us to finish top 4, and all you've got to do is finish top 4 to have a genuine crack at it. Honestly, the signs aren't good, but it ain't over by a long shot yet at all.

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."