Essendon!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Marchin' In
Club Player

Essendon!

Essendon has beaten us over the last few years when we've been at the absolute peak of our powers, when they've been a bottom 2 club - simply because of their pace. We face them next week, but amazingly we've gone backwards from last year in terms of pace. The Bombers are in great form all over the park and I am seeing this game as being EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to win. We will have to be at our absolute best to beat the Bombers and I doubt we've got that improvement in us from what we saw today.

If the team ins and outs this week don't reflect on our need for pace then those selecting the team are stuck in the past.

UP THE SAINTERS!
saint58
Club Player

Re: Essendon!

Marchin' In wrote:Essendon has beaten us over the last few years when we've been at the absolute peak of our powers, when they've been a bottom 2 club - simply because of their pace. We face them next week, but amazingly we've gone backwards from last year in terms of pace. The Bombers are in great form all over the park and I am seeing this game as being EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to win. We will have to be at our absolute best to beat the Bombers and I doubt we've got that improvement in us from what we saw today.

If the team ins and outs this week don't reflect on our need for pace then those selecting the team are stuck in the past.

Essendon are going to kill us we are slower now and uncertain in the back 6 with dempster,blake,baker and its now to late to blood any young guys.

They will play eddy, geary or mini with kosi coming in for Archer.These guys have been there and arent up to it but will still be picked.Which i dont agree with.
We should play a smith named in best again for sandy,steven,stanley,cripps,like to see it happen but not in my lifetime.