Your best 22 from here on in.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote:Ins: Archer, Smith, Steven, Ledger and Cripps
Outs: McQualter, Peake, Gram, Jones and Gamble
good luck with that.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote:
plugger66 wrote:So lets get this straight. We want up to 6 or 7 changes after losing a game by a point and a GF by a point. Doesnt matter that these young guys cant even get in the best for Sandy or worse havent played because of injury but hey who cares, lets just put them in the side anyway.
You're so right Plugger, let's just be happy running second all the time.
Changes NEED to be made, even Collingwood made changes to their PREMIERSHIP side, so I think it's time we got rid of the dead wood we've carried for too long.

Plugger, tell me what other side in the comp besides GWS, that Mini and Peake would get a game with????

It's time to wake up and smell the roses, mate!!!
Have no idea but every club would have players like that. Simon Buckley got a games with the pies this week but could he get a game with us. Who knows. I aree changes need to be made but 5-7 changes isnt the answer especially when they cant get in the best in a lower grade of footy.

NoMore
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
saintbob wrote:
plugger66 wrote:So lets get this straight. We want up to 6 or 7 changes after losing a game by a point and a GF by a point. Doesnt matter that these young guys cant even get in the best for Sandy or worse havent played because of injury but hey who cares, lets just put them in the side anyway.
You're so right Plugger, let's just be happy running second all the time.
Changes NEED to be made, even Collingwood made changes to their PREMIERSHIP side, so I think it's time we got rid of the dead wood we've carried for too long.

Plugger, tell me what other side in the comp besides GWS, that Mini and Peake would get a game with????

It's time to wake up and smell the roses, mate!!!
Have no idea but every club would have players like that. Simon Buckley got a games with the pies this week but could he get a game with us. Who knows. I aree changes need to be made but 5-7 changes isnt the answer especially when they cant get in the best in a lower grade of footy.
With the way Gram is going off a half Back flank/Wing simon would be every chance to get a game for us. I didn't see why we didn't pick him up. The word out of the club are that apparently his foot skills were a bit to good to fit into our recruiting policy when it comes to recycled players

spert
Saintsational Legend

B:Blake Dawson Fisher
HB:Gwilt Gilbert Clarke
C:Cripps Armo Roo
HF:Hayes Goddard Schneider
FF:Milne Stanley Dal Santo

Ruck:Mc Evoy Jones Montagna

Int: Steven Smith Archer Gamble

Roo has the tank to play on a wing and provide a difficult match up for the opposition, Hayes provides much-needed grunt on the half forward line, and NDS provides the smarts around goals.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:...NDS provides the smarts around goals.
what has he shown to make you think he has smarts around goal? he's never been a big goal-scorer for his ability, not sure why he'd start now.

NoMore
Club Player

spert wrote:B:Blake Dawson Fisher
HB:Gwilt Gilbert Clarke
C:Cripps Armo Roo
HF:Hayes Goddard Schneider
FF:Milne Stanley Dal Santo

Ruck:Mc Evoy Jones Montagna

Int: Steven Smith Archer Gamble

Roo has the tank to play on a wing and provide a difficult match up for the opposition, Hayes provides much-needed grunt on the half forward line, and NDS provides the smarts around goals.
Pretty dure Hayes and Goddard being in the middle were the only reasons we even got another crack at the GF last year

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:See, most people put Kosi and Schneider in their team...yet for some reason we gloss over their absence last night....and it's all over red rover?

Strange supporters.

Why can't people realise that with that much entry, another tall and small will be hugely significant.

Plenty of people don't think Kosi is the answer, yet when Scarlett ran off him last year Kosi kicked 3 goals in a quarter. Scarlett didn't dare after that....

Wasn't Schneider highest in the comp for goal assists last year, he is hugely important.

I see no cause for alarm.
massive schneids fan. one of our best players. but people have very short memories re kosi. every march people think hes a champ. every single year. kosi should be a back up ruckmen. his mobility a liability up fwd.

we need a more dynamic fwd line and more fast ball movement in the middle. jones form slump also a big concern.

blake dawson jones
winmar fisher gwilt
montagna hayes dal
gilbert stanley schneider
milne riewoldt gamble

mcevoy goddard armo

int: ray cripps ledger sub kosi

out peake dempster mcqualter baker gram

NoMore
Club Player

I watched alot of games last year and for the life of me i can't see anything that is yelling at me to put stanly in the team. He won a GF sprint and took 1 strong contest mark.

It is like saying Kawasha will be Australia's number 3 for the next dacade on the back of 2 30's in sydney. Totally jumping the gun

Obviously i need to get last years tapes out

StPeter
Club Player

Interesting that not one person here has McQualter in their team but he continues to be selected every week, although he will miss through injury now. I will never understand how he has been a walk up start for so long.

noob
Club Player

me either StPeter.
I remember when he had his good year in 2009 he used to sprint and sprint to get the ball.. Always used to think at least his not giving up or having a go..actually reminded me a bit like harvey..
but now these days he probably thinks my place in the team is fine no one is going to take my spot so he probably doesnt work as hard therefore he never has a decent input into the games.