Scarlett accosting Roo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:What may also be of interest to the MRP is the footage of Roo afterwards going off and clearly showing distress. MRP clearly has an agenda regarding the impact on the player in relation to how serious thay take it.
If the tribunal had've dealt with Scarlett over the years this would be viewed as a Baker type incident.

However because he has been treated so leniently in the past this he is now a relative cleanskin and this will now become something unworthy of further investigation :roll:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

ya prob right

nothing to see hear, move along.

roo will prob get a week for faking pain

:shock:

PJ
SS Life Member

If the tribunal had've dealt with Scarlett over the years this would be viewed as a Baker type incident.

However because he has been treated so leniently in the past this he is now a relative cleanskin and this will now become something unworthy of further investigation
Nothing would surprise me with regards to MRP process spacey. I get what your saying but this is week 1 so who knows what the flavour is going to be this year.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

scarlett has nothing to answer for, wasnt head high, yet steven baker you shall receive 2 weeks for being on the ground at the time of the so called incident...i hope you have learnt your lesson.

love
MRP

howlinwolf
Club Player

I reckon I saw him feign a head butt on Gamble trying to get him to react.
I can't think of an AFL player I like less than "Scarlo"

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Baker will go for ten for using his magical powers to direct Selwood's head into Ray's hip. He may get off for doing something similar at the Gabba yesterday re Jon Brown but the MRP are likely to be at least a little bit lenient on the grounds that Bakes wasn't in Queensland at the time. Still, it's the MRP. Never be surprised.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:frasier actually got a game for one if i remember right.scarlett has to go
if baker can get two weeks for cracking someone on the hand because its injured then thats worth 12 ffs.
afl said they want to stamp out unsportsman like acts....so lets see them keep enforcing what baker was used as a patsy for.
If I remember correctly, Fraser got a week for his wack to the guts of Jason Cloke.I also have a feeling that he beat it on appeal

Media pressure is building for the MRP to look at the Scarlett/Roo incident. We'll just wait & see !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Foz
Club Player

Wasn't Scarlett one week away from having his carry forward points reduced or nullified? That would be KARMA bigtime if he went for weeks.

To say it was a 'Dog Act' is placing way too much emphasis on the fact these Acts are isolated incidents. As outlined, Scarlo has history. IMHO just 'Dog' suits the situation!

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
matrix wrote:frasier actually got a game for one if i remember right.scarlett has to go
if baker can get two weeks for cracking someone on the hand because its injured then thats worth 12 ffs.
afl said they want to stamp out unsportsman like acts....so lets see them keep enforcing what baker was used as a patsy for.
If I remember correctly, Fraser got a week for his wack to the guts of Jason Cloke.I also have a feeling that he beat it on appeal

Media pressure is building for the MRP to look at the Scarlett/Roo incident. We'll just wait & see !!
Fraser initially got three for that love tap on Cloke but it was reduced to 1 on appeal.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:
Eastern wrote:

Fraser initially got three for that love tap on Cloke but it was reduced to 1 on appeal.
Well, I got it somewhere between 1/3 & 1/2 right. Thats pretty good for me !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:...If I remember correctly, Fraser got a week for his wack to the guts of Jason Cloke. I also have a feeling that he beat it on appeal...
Nope, it was round 6 in 2005 and he actually got two weeks from the MRP, which was challenged at the Tribunal who still gave him a week by varying the points. 2005 was the first year of the MRP and they later said that they got that one wrong, but because it was a St Kilda player, it didn't matter.

2005 was also the year when we could so easily have won the flag, and when Collingwood finished second last because they were unable to kick the ball to teammates. But that's another story.

HelenR
Club Player

He's just a dirty sniper. Really what else does he do. Easy to get kicks when your opponent is up the other end. Can't stand him.