A Pleasant Change

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

westy
Club Player

A Pleasant Change

After reading this article, it seems that we may not be 'on the outer' so much any more.
http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/dist ... 1cb6m.html

I'm livin' in a madhouse
backit
Club Player

I think it was Andrew Dum Dum hedging his bets, he has supported the poor unfortunate girl and forgot that those most affected by her lying, cheating and manipulative behaviour being the players including one of the best in the competition received no acknowledgment by him or the AFL that they were wronged and innocent. A bit late Andrew.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

backit wrote:I think it was Andrew Dum Dum hedging his bets, he has supported the poor unfortunate girl and forgot that those most affected by her lying, cheating and manipulative behaviour being the players including one of the best in the competition received no acknowledgment by him or the AFL that they were wronged and innocent. A bit late Andrew.
That is actually not true. He gave full support to our players whilst trying to help the girl. How could he be such a pig.

backit
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
backit wrote:I think it was Andrew Dum Dum hedging his bets, he has supported the poor unfortunate girl and forgot that those most affected by her lying, cheating and manipulative behaviour being the players including one of the best in the competition received no acknowledgment by him or the AFL that they were wronged and innocent. A bit late Andrew.
That is actually not true. He gave full support to our players whilst trying to help the girl. How could he be such a pig.
Really where was that support, I don't remember seeing it and don't think I called him a pig or even intimated such an assertion. Please link the support pages from him and I will be glad to acknowledge it if not go away.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

backit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Really where was that support, I don't remember seeing it and don't think I called him a pig or even intimated such an assertion. Please link the support pages from him and I will be glad to acknowledge it if not go away.
I wont link anything however he did support our players. Probably easier to have a go at him though.

backit
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
backit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
I wont link anything however he did support our players. Probably easier to have a go at him though.
Didn't think you would link anything because I have searched both papers online and can't find any articles that has him giving support but hey your an AFL apologist at the best of times and I am not as you say having a go at him I am pointing out a fact, if I wanted to have at a go at him trust me it would far more viral that this. I am sure you called him a pig not me.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

The AFL were in a very difficult position with the whole KD saga. They were in a position where they were aware of a lot of confidential information. Likle plugger, I recall the AFL fully supporting the players at the same time as doing what they could for KD. I believe that the AFL (AD) have only been in a position where they could speak out about KD and the media handling of the whole saga since the revelations on 60 minutes. I also believe that if Ross Levin came out "after" the 60 minutes thing and said what he said the reaction around the place would have been very different !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

backit
Club Player

Andrew Demetriou knew pregnancy claim was false From: AAP March 07, 2011 12:12PM Increase Text SizeDecrease Text SizePrintEmail Share
Add to DiggAdd to del.icio.usAdd to FacebookAdd to KwoffAdd to MyspaceAdd to NewsvineWhat are these?AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou says he knew the girl at the centre of the St Kilda nude-photo scandal had lied about claims she was pregnant.
Demetriou has told Fairfax radio that while he thought the claim the girl had become pregnant with twins to St Kilda player Sam Gilbert was wrong, he chose not to say anything.

“I was led to believe through our other investigations that that may have been the case. There have been a number of occasions whereby this young girl has said things that have proven to be incorrect,â€

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

backit wrote:You can have your opinion I can mine, I do not believe that the AFL has supported the players involved. Cheers
you don't really understand pr and the media, do ya? what if they'd come out and said "gilbo did nothing wrong" and it turned out that she was preggers? just generally, bagging a 17 year old girl at the expense of highly paid footy players is not going to look good. it sucks, but that's the way the situation works.

backit
Club Player

bergholt wrote:
backit wrote:You can have your opinion I can mine, I do not believe that the AFL has supported the players involved. Cheers
you don't really understand pr and the media, do ya? what if they'd come out and said "gilbo did nothing wrong" and it turned out that she was preggers? just generally, bagging a 17 year old girl at the expense of highly paid footy players is not going to look good. it sucks, but that's the way the situation works.
I think I understand it better than you as I am talking about "After the facts came out", it is about ensuring that the integrity of the players involved is not damaged by lies, manipulative behaviour, theft of property, false statements, defamation of a persons character and all the other acts by media and others in damaging some peoples reputations without regard. Hey never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

And you have no idea what I know and understand.