Someone explain Blake's Thought Process

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:welcome to saints footy..... :lol: :lol:
What, exactly, do you mean?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

I think a few of us got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning.
Armitage played a pretty good game in my opinion. Laid two crunching tackles right in front of us. That was the highlight of my night.
Many players were on the quiet side tonight, let's not throw teddy into the corner quite so fast.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

50 seconds to go and Blake plays on, centres the ball and turns it over

even had an option wider with a player unattended

cost us 4 points right there in possibly an 8 point game for top 4

suss
Club Player

Gotta feel sorry for the Blake...totally lost his marbles with 50 seconds on the clock. It went against everything we've tried to do over the past 4 years. Can you imagine how many times Ross will show this to the team in the match review? :oops: :oops: :oops:

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

To be fair to Blake, what he did is clearly more in line with the game style they're trying to play now (ie. moving it on more quickly), but he just chose a poor time to do it.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

millarsaint wrote: Armitage played a pretty good game in my opinion. Laid two crunching tackles right in front of us. That was the highlight of my night.
Hang on. Two crunching tackles does not mean he had a pretty good game. He had 11 disposals and 5 tackles. 11 disposals for an in-and-under midfielder is substandard. He's gotta' lift. Mind you, he wasn't the only one that was substandard last night.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Only problem with that is that he played mostly if not solely in the forward line. 11 possies up forward isn't the worst thing ever.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

A terrible error. He knows he farked up. It seems slightly unfair for him to be the only player to have to wear goat horns though. We had at least 15 players who also played very pedestrian football last night. If most of your team isn't switched on it's more than likely you'll lose.

Perhaps it's actually not a bad sign if the team plays this poorly, yet only loses by a point?

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Longwayfromhome
Club Player

Stuffed up big time. Nothing like the two goals from eleven shots in the first half.
First game of the season and we lost. Big deal.
If we are only going to score six goal a game we won't win many more.
More brain fades coming.

Leave your ego's in the locker when you start and pick them up again when you retire
oh when
Club Player

Where was our runner/leaders

Where was our runner telling Blake there was 50 seconds left or other players telling him to slow it down

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Longwayfromhome wrote:Stuffed up big time. Nothing like the two goals from eleven shots in the first half.
First game of the season and we lost. Big deal.
If we are only going to score six goal a game we won't win many more.
More brain fades coming.
Spot on.

No need to worry about Blake's thought process. He simply made a mistake at the very end of a hard first up slog.

Cost us the game however if we eradicate that mistake and do nothing else there'll be a lot more losses coming up.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Let me illustrate Blake's thought process by reference to the following diagram:

There you have it.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Let me illustrate Blake's thought process by reference to the following diagram:

There you have it.
Is that a set play?