The bottom six who are destroying us - time to wake up

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Lenny
Club Player

How the hell could you bag out Blake. He has barely done a thing wrong since Ross arrived at Moorabbin. One off game and all of a sudden he is in our bottom 6, get a grip. :roll:

PJ
SS Life Member

Same old same old

We were told that those who weren't up to it would be moved on - Yep.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Re: The bottom six who are destroying us - time to wake up

To the top wrote: McQualter - Another with woeful disposal skills and like the rest listed here hardly touches the ball. No pace.
and fumbles every time

he will be playing for Sandringham next week if available and hopefully for the whole year

waste of space

has not been the same since he missed a sitter from 10 metres out in the 2009 Grand Final

MUST PLAY

JACK STEVEN

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Hate bagging players but didn't think Gamble was great but he wasn't helped with the way the ball was brought in.

Mini needs to have a rest.

Bring in Steven. Schneider will make a difference.

Milne is not finsihed. No way.

Thought the free against Joey at the end was a joke but didn't see it on TV.

When was the last time we lost the first round? 2003?

As long as we win the next two I will be happy.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: As long as we win the next two I will be happy.
You're easily pleased, I will only be happy when we win a premiership

and if we had not of stuffed up with Judd and Jack Riewoldt we'd probably have another five by now

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

and if we had not of stuffed up with Judd and Jack Riewoldt we'd probably have another five by now
Think....Barks....is....trying....to....tell....us.....something?

degruch
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:I do wonder whether people are taking the piss or just have no idea.
The latter. We have a new 'bottom 6' each week...I'm glad Gamble's made it at such short notice. :roll:

degruch
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Think....Barks....is....trying....to....tell....us.....something?
He's a tool? The same old crap, year in year out.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Milne and Blake are still integral to the team's structure.

I'm willing to give Gamble another chance. He showed much better signs in the pre-season. Hopefully he won't take his spot in the team for granted next week, should he be selected.

I didn't think Dempster looked so bad last night.

Baker isn't looking like a shadow of his former self.

McQualter - stick a fork in him. HE IS DONE.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:
SainterK wrote:Something weird with Mini tonight.

He was out on the ground early, didn't move, kick or anything.

Official warm up, he skipped the stretching and moved off.

Not sure he started right, what's that about?
Came off with a calf injury and his common ailment of playing incognito
If something wasn't right with him - we had emergenices lined up ready to go.

If he wasn't injured - he'd be on thin ice most definitely. Agree with the incognito ailment!! What is the point of a 'defensive" forward? If that's your role - you should be setting up goal after goal if you're not kicking them at very least!

If he's tweaked a calf - he'll be missing for a couple of weeks most likely (they're a bugger to get right) - so a good opportunity for a younger player to grab his spot you would hope.

4 weeks for a calf, then 1 week at Sandy then with the bye won't be back until round 7.

Another opportunity awaits!
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Is that a promise?

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

Yeah hindsight is wonderful, isint it :roll:

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
matrix
Saintsational Legend

see if we can swap armo for roos cousin
while we're there see what the blues say about swapping judd for baker

F*** me........... :roll:

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Last year is gone...and btw we lost...

Milne is still a dangerous fwd

Blake is good

Others discussed should be under the pump
agree. milne 400+ goals speaks for itself. hardly worked out. hes very very good. blake good also.

but dempster is sooooooooooo bad. great physique. great bloke. just cant play. only liked by the coach and latent gay supporters who like his looks. shocking player. cant handle the ball and cant kick.

wallbanger
Club Player

I too think it's a bit harsh on Gamble after one match, although he didin't show a great deal.

Blake is very solid down back - and that comes from a perennial Blake abuser! He was played in the wrong position, all night. Why? Who knows. I would've though he matched up perfectly on dud Hawkins, leaving Gwilt to play forward if necessary, which he did early in his career.

Or even play Gilbert there - like we did all NAB Cup????

Peake is quite simply not up to the task. Runs like a gazelle. Unfortunately has the skills of one too.

McQualter (Casper) is quite simply invisible. Does NOTHING. EVER. Oh, sorry, he tackles. Great. And clearly he has dinner at Ross's most nights of the week.

One thing that astounds me is Jones - this guy has been in the system for 4 or 5 years, playing junior footy for a decade probably before that. Yet he quite simply cannot execute the most fundamental skill in the game - to KICK the ball to a team mate. How a skill's coach hasn't spent hours with him pre-season in any of the last 4 years to get that sorted is beyond me. Even Stewie Loewe improved his kicking over time. This guys is just about the worst kick in the AFL, it is embarressing.

He is the Jayson Daniels of the modern era. Unbelievable.

Last night was terrible - let's hope it's not an indication of this entire season, because it's going to be a long and BORING one of that is the case.

Please...let's win a Premiership before GEELONG!!!! (O.k., so we've missed that opportunity...maybe let's win the next one before Geelong????)
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

To the top wrote:Compare Milne with the like player from each of the other clubs.

Starting with tonight and 27 for Geelong. 27 is their small forward and he was constantly dangerous including going into the centre square.

Then try Davey, Rioli, Krakouer and the list goes on and on.

Milne is past it by a generation - and "2 goals a game" never, ever cut it.

A major liability.

As long as Milne is in the side (along with the other 5 named) we will be served up with the garbage we were served up with tonight.
Milne had an ordinary game but only a gutless tosser would suggest he is past it.

Who kicked the most goals in the AFL in last year's finals?

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
degruch
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:Milne is past it by a generation - and "2 goals a game" never, ever cut it.

A major liability.
That's actually really really funny...the best scoring small forward in the history of the game, never cut it!?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

SOme of our players who get plenty of possessions, but consistently kick it to opposition players, need chopping or educating. I am thinking of Gilbert and Jones in particular.

To the top
SS Life Member

The admiration for our cluster of over 30 year olds, none of whom bring to a footy side what is demanded the way the game is played today says it all.

Wipe away the admiration people and deal with the facts.

It is time to move on - and we have a group of 13 players on our list (now plus Archer) who have played less than 10 games of AFL footy, including the likes of Steven, Lynch and Heyne who have all been on the list for multiple seasons.

Why keep them on the list and still persevere with the likes we are persevering with?

Peake at least tried to run lines and inject some urgency.

I agree that disposal deficiencies are not limited to those I have named - and that Peake, Jones and Gilbert particularly create problems.

Jones will be Jones, but Gilbert must continue to work on this facet of his conversion from a League background. Peake must also work.

All 3 however have closing speed and contest the ball - not hang off trying to read the bounce or win a free kick as one of the idolised does.

Each to their own, but we are not going far against the leading teams in this competition with the likes of Baker, Blake, Dempster, Gamble (the squib was a major concern), McQualter and Milne.

So if cousin Riewoldt kicks 8 next week, how do we get 9 to win the game?

With 30% of our side non contributors to ball movement?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Peake played about one quarter and didn't look awful. Dempster and Blake were ok. Blake didn't look comfortable out of the back line.

Gamble had a shocker, Milne didn't get any real supply. he should have got another goal that was taken away when the ump said he held the defenders arm. What was that Duncan or who ever it was doing to Bakes?

Thought The big Blonde guy was about as effective as he was in the GF series last year, maybe we should delist him.

only players I rated last night were Hayes, Dawson, Joey, Dal santo, and possibly Clarke and Goddard. The rest were below their usual output, I hope it is just the fact that we started a bit later than the others and not indicative of the season.

noob
Club Player

Astounds me that we pay thousands and thousands of dollars to some of these players in the highest league.. the AFL.. and half these players seem they can't kick a target.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:Why keep them on the list and still persevere with the likes we are persevering with?
Well, in regard to Milne, you may have just answered your own question. I was surprised Steven didn't get a run against Geelong, but other than that, the guy was absolutely magnificent last year and is the best small forward of all time, surely you'd have him on the park for R1. If not, any of the other clubs in the league would have.

All in all, it's R1, and I saw enough to like...looked a hell of a lot better than our last two R1's.

bergsone
SS Life Member

F Ray is one who puzzles me,IMO looks ok most weeks but never in my best just hasnt taken the next step

Gram running out of chances

Mini no

Dempster cant see him improving

Peake pace is his asset which we need but long term?

degruch
Saintsational Legend

bergsone wrote:Peake pace is his asset which we need but long term?
I thought the general consensus on here was that we needed 'pace'. Well, here it is!

bergsone
SS Life Member

degruch wrote:
bergsone wrote:Peake pace is his asset which we need but long term?
I thought the general consensus on here was that we needed 'pace'. Well, here it is!
Agree i just have doubts about him being in our best 22,if we have a youngster to replace him good,having said that thought he was alright when he came on last night,just have doubts