The Challenge

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintnick12
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
bergholt wrote:the gilbert and riewoldt "everything's ok" scene is a bit awkward. gilbo really just seems like a kinda big, dumb puppy dog. he doesn't really understand what went wrong or why, but he's real eager to please his master.
Many people will view that scene in many different ways - some not complimentary.

To me it came across as Sam being very embarrassed by the whole ordeal.

I hope I'm right and I really hope he's pulled his head in.

PS: Probably would have been better in the circumstances if he had put a shirt on first!
Yes, agree. Think a shirt would have been a very good idea. And Nick seems be sitting very very close to him too.
Sam certainly does seem very embarassed by the whole thing (as you would be). And he seems awkward as a result. I'm sure they were asked to do a scene like that to show all is ok with them, though Roo seemed to be trying a bit hard and Gilbo so awkward. But I like the sentiment and believe it to be true. They will bury it, work together and do whatever it takes. Possibly not if it had been someone else. Roo has shown his ability to deal with adversity and ridicule time and time again....

The doco is the best advertisement for the club. If you don't buy a membership after watching that, you're never going to.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
PS: Probably would have been better in the circumstances if he had put a shirt on first!
Maybe that bit was for the ladies :wink: but yeah I was surprised he didnt put a shirt on for that bit.

In all seriousness though I think it was something they felt they needed to do to clear the air. Of course Roo would have been peeved with him and I reckon Gilbert would have been pretty disappointed in himself.

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

TazzieSaintGirl83 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
Maybe that bit was for the ladies :wink: but yeah I was surprised he didnt put a shirt on for that bit.

In all seriousness though I think it was something they felt they needed to do to clear the air. Of course Roo would have been peeved with him and I reckon Gilbert would have been pretty disappointed in himself.
Well I recall a few posters on here after the story broke suggesting Nick would be unable to play in the same team as Gilbo.

I think that theory has certainly been put to bed (oops, bad choice of words :oops: )

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
TazzieSaintGirl83 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Well I recall a few posters on here after the story broke suggesting Nick would be unable to play in the same team as Gilbo.

I think that theory has certainly been put to bed (oops, bad choice of words :oops: )
I did wonder how it would effect the relationship between the players involved but if the doco is anything to go by the external pressure seems to push the club closer together rather than drive them apart.

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Gilbert didn't have his shirt on for much of it, hardly surprising he didn't have in on the locker room :wink:

SteveStevens66
Club Player

Does anybody know where I can watch it? I live overseas so I couldn't see it live and SaintsTV doesnt work on overseas computers...

Carna Saints!!!
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Just watched it then... awesome.

I really needed that to get me enthused about this year, I was starting to feel like my heart had been broken once too often & that my passion for the club just wasn't quite the same.

After seeing the pain, determination and total commitment from Blakey, Lenny, Dal, Joey, Roo, BJ & Ross.... well it's like I'm going to back to 1980 & heading to Waverley with dad to see my first game.

I just love it that these blokes love the club & respect the love that the supporters have for it.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Hopefully will bury rodgerfox's "its just the job the players dont care about the jumper" argument forever...a cpl of the clips in the trailer are promisinig in that regard :-)
Watching some of those blokes last night it would be possible to mount a case that they are even more passionate about the club some some of the blokes who played when it was the VFL.

Not saying it's true of course, and I'm not trying to take anything away from the past players.

But I agree the doco makes RF's assertions look exactly what they are.

(rubbish)
Last edited by Dr Spaceman on Thu 24 Mar 2011 12:05pm, edited 1 time in total.

jroberts:)
Club Player

SteveStevens66 wrote:Does anybody know where I can watch it? I live overseas so I couldn't see it live and SaintsTV doesnt work on overseas computers...
Youtube?? I heard that it has been uploaded! :D

SteveStevens66
Club Player

jroberts:) wrote:
SteveStevens66 wrote:Does anybody know where I can watch it? I live overseas so I couldn't see it live and SaintsTV doesnt work on overseas computers...
Youtube?? I heard that it has been uploaded! :D
Still can't find it!! Thanks though, I'll keep a lookout.

Carna Saints!!!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

try this link stevestevens66

http://www.youtube.com/officialsaintstv

the trailer I realise

maybe the rest now needs to be broken into the 4 parts to fit youtube?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

the gilbo/roo scene is weird. cant help thinking gilbo will go to gws.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Usually stkildathunda is hot on the hammer to upload these things to Youtube. I'm sure you won't be kept waiting too long. I recorded it off Ch9 last night and have edited it down to dvd but I won't get a chance to upload it until at least the weekend.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
SteveStevens66
Club Player

found the first part so it seems like somebody is on the case!

Thanks so much everyone!

Go saints.

Carna Saints!!!
fingers
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:the gilbo/roo scene is weird. cant help thinking gilbo will go to gws.
As others have said I think Gilbo is very very shy and unbelievably embarrassed by the whole thing

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote: Gilbert didn't have his shirt on for much of it, hardly surprising he didn't have in on the locker room :wink:
Ironically, I don't think that AFL players have the same obsession with nakedness that the public has.
Last edited by SaintPav on Thu 24 Mar 2011 3:55pm, edited 1 time in total.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:the gilbo/roo scene is weird. cant help thinking gilbo will go to gws.
erm, why?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

been uploaded by a Saints member
part 1

part 2

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

what have the cynics around you said?

Only one or two I ran into today who seemed to feel it was all forced... fake

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:
As others have said I think Gilbo is very very shy and unbelievably embarrassed by the whole thing
Oh you mean he's a HUMAN BEING and not an ACTOR paid to make the Con's of this world feel entertained in the manner they feel they deserve.

Seriously, how else is the bloke gonna behave with a camera up his nose?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:Typical farken Perth aren't showing it on free to air. WCE and Docker mentality smells like s***. Sorry for the language but this town stinks in footy season!
dont worry Mocca the Western Saints are getting a copy to show at our next function... advert free and all :wink:

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
fingers wrote:
Oh you mean he's a HUMAN BEING and not an ACTOR paid to make the Con's of this world feel entertained in the manner they feel they deserve.

Seriously, how else is the bloke gonna behave with a camera up his nose?
If they had sat further apart and been less "chummy" people would have said there's a problem with the two. Can't win.

Having said that I would have still preferred Gilbo had shown a bit less skin - but hey, that's just me :wink:

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

meh haters be hateing its in their nature ... i had one idiot tell me today that st Kilda payed $500k for channel 9 to portray them in a good light ....

stuff the haters your either a Saint or you aint !!

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
millarsaint wrote:love the doco! shows you how articulate Rossy is. true leader
and i loved the hip and shoulder he put on someone during training. who copped it?
Tom Simpkin -- I thought..
just re watched- it was Roo with the hip and shoulder on Simpkin
Polo to me got the hip and shoulder from Ross.

Tommy Ledger seemed to get "Ledge' from the players-

intersting that they used Milney and he was clear and concise in his chat.... not what many would think-

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
saintbrat wrote:
millarsaint wrote:love the doco! shows you how articulate Rossy is. true leader
and i loved the hip and shoulder he put on someone during training. who copped it?
Tom Simpkin -- I thought..
just re watched- it was Roo with the hip and shoulder on Simpkin
Polo to me got the hip and shoulder from Ross.

Tommy Ledger seemed to get "Ledge' from the players-

intersting that they used Milney and he was clear and concise in his chat.... not what many would think-
It was Peake when Cripps didn't block.