Nick Winmar

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Nick Winmar

There seems to be a cautious but growing sense of optimism about Nick Winmar. People are remaining sensible and reserved without the usual lets get carried away stuff reserved for first rounds pics.

With his kicking ability - If he can hold down a quarterback position of a half bank flank - it allows us to persist/experiment with Gilbo up forward. Gilbo needs time up there to learn the caper.

Is Winmar the most promising/likely youngster on the list?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Nick Winmar

Con Gorozidis wrote:There seems to be a cautious but growing sense of optimism about Nick Winmar. People are remaining sensible and reserved without the usual lets get carried away stuff reserved for first rounds pics.
Can't have that Con.

Winmar - will be a GUN!!!

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Lets lose it. Get that Lenny what's his name to hand over number 7 now!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Lets lose it. Get that Lenny what's his name to hand over number 7 now!
Now we're off and running :lol:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Nicky Who?

yipper
SS Life Member

WIINNMMAAAARRRR

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Con Gorozidis wrote:There seems to be a cautious but growing sense of optimism about Nick Winmar. People are remaining sensible and reserved without the usual lets get carried away stuff reserved for first rounds pics.
Perhaps we're reserving that mentality for first round picks. :)

(Winmar was pick 32)

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

With his kicking ability - If he can hold down a quarterback position of a half bank flank - it allows us to persist/experiment with Gilbo up forward. Gilbo needs time up there to learn the caper.

I would think that he would be behind Cripps, and possibly Crocker at this stage !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:
Perhaps we're reserving that mentality for first round picks. :)

(Winmar was pick 32)
thats what i was saying - maybe mis-read of my bad grammar. i was saying that people have been sensible about winmar and a little nutso with first rounders as a general rule. i was trying to make the distinction. i knew he was a 2nd.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

If there are new first round pics, I hope he has more to show than Dal.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:

I would think that he would be behind Cripps, and possibly Crocker at this stage !!
i reckon hes ahead of both. i rate ledger/winmar/stanley as the most promising 3 at this stage. mind u everyone has different and develops at different stages. cripps looks like a good future replacement for gram (hopefully without the helicopters).

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Nicholas was Pick 32. What number pick was Neil Elvis?

Winmar
Club Player

I've not seen much of young Nick at all. I previously read his fitness wasn't brilliant; has he improved in that area? He doesn't seem to have been given much of a run, so is he actually in Ross' plans for the year? I'd love it if he turned into a decent player.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Winmar wrote:I've not seen much of young Nick at all. I previously read his fitness wasn't brilliant; has he improved in that area? He doesn't seem to have been given much of a run, so is he actually in Ross' plans for the year? I'd love it if he turned into a decent player.
if u check the sandy reports u cn see hes gone pretty quickly from basically not touching it at vfl level to a stand-out.
i thnk he had injuries last year. seems to have size, athelticism and most importantly can kick.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Eastern wrote:

i reckon hes ahead of both. i rate ledger/winmar/stanley as the most promising 3 at this stage. mind u everyone has different and develops at different stages. cripps looks like a good future replacement for gram (hopefully without the helicopters).
Agree with that, especially Crocker, who is pretty thin at the moment. I doubt we'll see any of him in the seniors this year.
Cripps seems to have been spoken about as being ready to come straight in since we got him, though, so it wouldn't surprise if he gets a crack before Winmar.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

WINMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

interestingly the Footy show had some predictive teams for tomorrow- as the real teams not out till today
and they included Winmar..... don't know if it was on a word or supposition..... didn't take in whole list but wasn't a full team.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:interestingly the Footy show had some predictive teams for tomorrow- as the real teams not out till today
and they included Winmar..... don't know if it was on a word or supposition..... didn't take in whole list but wasn't a full team.
No, but it had quite a few on the bench :wink:

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Well i dont think kosi will play. so raph,gwilt,gamble then archer/stanley.

so no debuts. but heck at least winmar is now officially in the mix. 6 months ago none of us even had him on the radar at all.

im pretty sure plugger66 was predicting a delisting after about 5 minutes :lol:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Well i dont think kosi will play. so raph,gwilt,gamble then archer/stanley.

so no debuts. but heck at least winmar is now officially in the mix. 6 months ago none of us even had him on the radar at all.

And Im pretty sure you have alzheimer's. Unlike some here I give them a chance and Nick certainly hadnt had any chances because of injury. I would love you to even find one thread knocking Nick. Easy to make a bulls*** statement but give us some facts.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Well i dont think kosi will play. so raph,gwilt,gamble then archer/stanley.

And Im pretty sure you have alzheimer's. Unlike some here I give them a chance and Nick certainly hadnt had any chances because of injury. I would love you to even find one thread knocking Nick. Easy to make a bulls*** statement but give us some facts.
There's plenty of nongs on here that were writing Winmar off because he didn't debut in round 1 2010 and have 25 touches... Plugger wasn't one of them.

I'd take Plugger's sarcastic, antagonistic and annoying posts over self important wankers who are vitirolic towards our young players without ever seeing them play.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

good chance i made it up. someone wanted somone de-listed i know that much. man i love it when u get angry.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:good chance i made it up. someone wanted somone de-listed i know that much.
Hope you're not Nixon's key witness Con! :shock:

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

plugger66 i officially owe you a a complete and utter apology. my memory was almost right. i mixed u into it was because u were involved in the thread defending winmar. so honest mistake on my part. i just did a back-search. i guess he doesnt call himself grumpyone for nothing. :lol:
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Posted: Tue 08 Feb 2011 2:51pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GrumpyOne wrote:
Second player delisted at end of 2011.

Why? Give him a chance. He has played 5 games.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Thu 24 Mar 2011 1:10pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

plugger66 i officially owe you a a complete and utter apology. my memory was almost right. i mixed u into it was because u were involved in the thread defending winmar. so honest mistake on my part. i just did a back-search.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Posted: Tue 08 Feb 2011 2:51pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GrumpyOne wrote:
Second player delisted at end of 2011.

Why? Give him a chance. He has played 5 games.
Thats fine. We all make mistakes. matter of fact i only make mistakes.