they're back- the footy shows

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

they're back- the footy shows

edit; wednesday viewing
7.30 - ABC 2- Marngrook ( repeat Fri 12:21am - 1:20am)
7.30- Fox -360 (repeateed several times but 11.30 pm wed. or 12.30 pm Thurs)
8.30 - Fox - AFL teams ( repeated - generally after 360 times. )
8.30 - ONE- The game Plan- new ( repeat 8:00am - 9:00am Thurs)
9.30 - Nine - The footy Show

>>>>>>>>>>>>
returning tonight- Monday
8.30 - Fox- On the Couch
9.30 - ONE- One Week at a tIme
10.30 - Nine - Footy Classified

others old and new return over the next week or two

I plan to renovate this thread
http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... hp?t=28352
AFL/St Kilda Links, Media and Other Websites
to make it easier to check info and times

if you have a favourite- or new blog or forum or program or media outlet worth noting let me know and I'll include

online media
newspaper- online
radio- stations and programs
comment pieces > columnists
Photos
audio> video.. speaking of which really enjoying the new video/ youtube pieces the club is adding-
Last edited by saintbrat on Tue 22 Mar 2011 9:05pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
doppler effect
Club Player

Re: they're back- the footy shows

saintbrat wrote:returning tonight

Last week I tuned in to One Week at a Time and it was a bunch of numbskulls talking about NRL. I don't know if this is just because I live in rugby territory but they certainly seem to be doing an NRL version every week now.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

doppler effect wrote:
saintbrat wrote:returning tonight

Last week I tuned in to One Week at a Time and it was a bunch of numbskulls talking about NRL. I don't know if this is just because I live in rugby territory but they certainly seem to be doing an NRL version every week now.
you are correct doppler effect
I did wonder but checked and AFL OWAAT starts March 28th

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Thought the show looked a bit tired.

Carro was again on her moral high horse, Hutchy sounded like a old windbag (remind you of anyone?), Thomo sounded like a bitter ex coach with an axe to grind and Lyon was predictable. Good tweet/bad tweet was really stupid.

The way Thomo had a go at us was really pathetic. He is a hypocrite and I would rather listen to one of his farts that the crap he went on about last night.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saintly
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:Thought the show looked a bit tired.

Carro was again on her moral high horse, Hutchy sounded like a old windbag (remind you of anyone?), Thomo sounded like a bitter ex coach with an axe to grind and Lyon was predictable. Good tweet/bad tweet was really stupid.

The way Thomo had a go at us was really pathetic. He is a hypocrite and I would rather listen to one of his farts that the crap he went on about last night.
what was said?

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Footy Classified had Hutchy claiming the Saints had deserted Ricky Nixon, Thommo claiming the Saints were badly managed and Caro asking whether there was a culture problem at the Saints.

Gee, and I naively tuned in thinking they'd be sympathetic toward the Saints after all the garbage that had been hurled our way in recent months.

Nuh-uh. That mud hasn't just stuck. It's rusted on.

The piece-de-resistance was Caro declaring it had been a bad summer for various bodies, including the St Kilda Football Club. Naturally she left out the media -- journos like her who swallowed KD's story hook, line and sinker. And remain disgracefully unrepentant about it all.

Anyway, that's the last time I watch Footy Classified. Chris Judd (whom I have new respect for) apparently said that footy journos write drivel from Monday to Thursday. The best part of the show was Caro's umbrage at that very suggestion!

St Lenny
Club Player

Just as well we dont get it. Thommo just drives me to dispare. Never misses a chance to have a crack. Some St Kilda supporter, Paul Roos stands up for us more than him :roll:

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

St Lenny wrote:Just as well we dont get it. Thommo just drives me to dispare. Never misses a chance to have a crack. Some St Kilda supporter, Paul Roos stands up for us more than him :roll:
Had to laugh at a joke of a Roos quote last night SEN took on sports central an hour ago. They basically took something he said last night totally out of context and played it on air.

Roos stood up for the saints all night

Bring back the Lockett era
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:
St Lenny wrote:Just as well we dont get it. Thommo just drives me to dispare. Never misses a chance to have a crack. Some St Kilda supporter, Paul Roos stands up for us more than him :roll:
Had to laugh at a joke of a Roos quote last night SEN took on sports central an hour ago. They basically took something he said last night totally out of context and played it on air.

What program was Roos on?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Waltzing St Kilda wrote:Anyway, that's the last time I watch Footy Classified. Chris Judd (whom I have new respect for) apparently said that footy journos write drivel from Monday to Thursday. The best part of the show was Caro's umbrage at that very suggestion!
Juts saw that - priceless :lol:

Saint_Ash
Club Player
Location: Either work, home or the footy, maybe a pub somewhere

Waltzing St Kilda wrote:Footy Classified had Hutchy claiming the Saints had deserted Ricky Nixon, Thommo claiming the Saints were badly managed and Caro asking whether there was a culture problem at the Saints.

Gee, and I naively tuned in thinking they'd be sympathetic toward the Saints after all the garbage that had been hurled our way in recent months.

Nuh-uh. That mud hasn't just stuck. It's rusted on.
More like they were making sure it was rusted on and not coming off.

What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

To be fair, it wasn't just GT, thought most had their fair crack, Paul being the only one prepared not to buy into dramatics.

Can't escape the fact that some boys royally stuffed up in NZL, I think a whack for that is fair enough.

I just marvel that they still try to connect dots that the staff leaving is somehow related to our 'leadership' problems implying it's Ross?

They continue to overlook the fact that Ross and Sos remain best friends and he stuck around a year longer than he intended, someone must of forgotten to tell Steven King that he was supposed to leave because he surely hates Ross, and Harvey must of missed the memo to act jaded and avoid coming back to St Kilda?

I don't actually think GT was isolated in his opinion though, I'd actually go so far as to say Mike has contempt for St Kilda.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
jonesy wrote:

On the Couch, and can I just say, a week into it and he is already the best in the business. Insightful, articulate, likeable....says a lot for the quality of 'experts' in the media doesn't it.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
jonesy wrote:

On the Couch, and can I just say, a week into it and he is already the best in the business. Insightful, articulate, likeable....says a lot for the quality of 'experts' in the media doesn't it.
Totally agree.

And may I add that Mike is as obnoxious as always :roll:

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Don't forget The Marngrook Footy Show, the best of the lot has shifted across to ABC2 which is good for those who don't have Channel 31 or Foxtel.

It's on Wednesday night and then on it will be on Thursday night at 730pm (I think)

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote: Totally agree.

And may I add that Mike is as obnoxious as always :roll:
He appears to have a real contempt for St Kilda, and doesn't attempt to hide it.

I prefer that though, than his normal wishy washy jump on jump off approach to teams, may he forever remain off our bandwagon.

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

I try to avoid the journos that I know will make my blood boil as it only results in me talking back to the tv and making me look like I am playing on the wrong side of sane.

We are not the first club to encounter problems and we wont be the last, some of our own making and some out of our control but some in the media are laying it on us a bit thick thats for sure.

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

TazzieSaintGirl83 wrote:I try to avoid the journos that I know will make my blood boil as it only results in me talking back to the tv and making me look like I am playing on the wrong side of sane.
Nothing wrong with saying a few well chosen words to your telly TSG. Been known to do it myself on many occasions.

Of course it may mean we are both ready for the asylum :wink:

markp
Saintsational Legend

I haven't lifted my footy media ban since *that day*, and I don't intend to... it's been working well.

If Judd said that then I also have a new respect for him, a very quotable quote... "Footy journos write drivel from Monday to Thursday".

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
TazzieSaintGirl83 wrote:I try to avoid the journos that I know will make my blood boil as it only results in me talking back to the tv and making me look like I am playing on the wrong side of sane.
Nothing wrong with saying a few well chosen words to your telly TSG. Been known to do it myself on many occasions.

Of course it may mean we are both ready for the asylum :wink:
as long as the asylum screens the saints games maybe it wont be so bad :D

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Best thing about the show is Thommo's new hairstyle.

Caroline Wilson should be banned by the AFL for bringing the journalistic profession into disrepute.

God she makes it up as she goes along

Another opportunity awaits!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Caro is a journo like Derryn Hinch is a journo. The fact she runs "exclusives" doesn't mean that most of her reportage isn't actually just her opinion.

Personal Opinion disguised as journalism was queried on Q&A last night when a labour pollie was defending a liberal party member threatening too sue the ABC. Saying that journalism is a lot less cruel than personal opinion. That's the way we are going though as we try to find more sensational ways to report.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

[quote="SaintPav"]Thought the show looked a bit tired.

The way Thomo had a go at us was really pathetic. He is a hypocrite and I would rather listen to one of his farts that the crap he went on about last night.[/quote]

You are right. Farts are funny

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Well there you go. I watched Footy Classified and quite enjoyed it. Fully expected the panels to get into the saints, and let's be honest, if any other team had been in the news as much as the saints they would have got into them as well.

Thought Caro made some really good points which many have conveniently chosen to overlook or not comment on. ie, why all this sympathy for Fev and Nixon? Why does everyone automatically blame their supposed 'addiction' for their poor behaviour? Is it possible that some of these guys are just not good blokes?

Caro even questioned why Nixon was meant to be the saints problem in the first place. She asked ONE question - do the saints have a culture problem? It's a question that has been posed numerous times over summer. Sadly it will continue to be asked until we win a flag.

Disagreed strongly with THomas' views on saints leadership, and actually reckon he may have even been having a go at his good mate Riewoldt (have they had a falling out?) I reckon the target of his spray was meant to be Michael Nettlefold, but it came across as attacking Roo and Lyon for mine.

Let's be honest also - will anyone truly be happy unless they anoint us as the next premiers and declare that the saints have been as crucified this summer as any team in the history of the game.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:Well there you go. I watched Footy Classified and quite enjoyed it. Fully expected the panels to get into the saints, and let's be honest, if any other team had been in the news as much as the saints they would have got into them as well.

Thought Caro made some really good points which many have conveniently chosen to overlook or not comment on. ie, why all this sympathy for Fev and Nixon? Why does everyone automatically blame their supposed 'addiction' for their poor behaviour? Is it possible that some of these guys are just not good blokes?

Caro even questioned why Nixon was meant to be the saints problem in the first place. She asked ONE question - do the saints have a culture problem? It's a question that has been posed numerous times over summer. Sadly it will continue to be asked until we win a flag.

Disagreed strongly with THomas' views on saints leadership, and actually reckon he may have even been having a go at his good mate Riewoldt (have they had a falling out?) I reckon the target of his spray was meant to be Michael Nettlefold, but it came across as attacking Roo and Lyon for mine.

Let's be honest also - will anyone truly be happy unless they anoint us as the next premiers and declare that the saints have been as crucified this summer as any team in the history of the game.
He did question the leadership, made it very clear it was not the culture he was questioning.

I actually agree that the club should of been stronger with Roo and not allowed him to call the presser, but I have no idea why GT (and the media in it's entirety) continue to be infatuated with the assistants leaving and how that somehow proves their point.

When criticising the Saints handling of this, it's almost like they are making out that there was some textbook kind of response to what was an incredibly unique problem the club found itself in the midst of.

Should any other club find themselves embroiled in similar, I would be really surprised if ridding themselves of it is as simple as implementing some kind of scandal prevention policy.