Pre Season/ Clash Jumper....one more time

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Trunch
Club Player

Pre Season/ Clash Jumper....one more time

Quick comment or statement if you like. I think the Swans NAB jumpers look good. Simple clash jumper, standard front with a white back. Something I wish St Kilda would do for our clash jumper. Traditional front with a white back.......simple.

Happy to have whatever crazy NAB cup design each year that generates merchandise sales I just wish our clash jumper looked more St Kilda.

Remain educated on the game, stay loyal to St.Kilda
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Agreed.

There are plenty here who'll say they don't care what jumper we wear as long as we win ... and it's hard to argue with that. But that's assuming that the jumper we wear has absolutely no bearing on our capacity to win. And is that really true?

Nathan Thompson for one has commented on the powerful feeling he head running out in a traditional jumper, as opposed to some wimpy white pyjama-top.

In St Kilda's case, who's to say that our symbolic meekness against Essendon -- wearing our clash jumper at home games -- hasn't contributed to our losing streak?

In Rd 3 this year I'll be digusted if we do it again. Symbolically, it will be a powerful born-to-rule club stomping over a weak born-to-hold-up-the-ladder club. Look what happened after Collingwood trampled over North Melbourne in similar circumstances. The Pies have won a flag while North wanders in the wilderness.

RD 3 = our home game, our home jumper. What -- Essendon doesn't have a clash jumper? Not our problem, sorry.

goodie
Club Player

I like our pre-season jumpers, or at least I have the last two years. The pre-season's a chance to mess with things, why not the jumper?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Waltzing St Kilda wrote:
In St Kilda's case, who's to say that our symbolic meekness against Essendon -- wearing our clash jumper at home games -- hasn't contributed to our losing streak?

In Rd 3 this year I'll be digusted if we do it again. Symbolically, it will be a powerful born-to-rule club stomping over a weak born-to-hold-up-the-ladder club.

RD 3 = our home game, our home jumper. What -- Essendon doesn't have a clash jumper? Not our problem, sorry.
Agree 100% with this

The "deafening silence" on this issue coming from Nettlefold and Westaway suggests that we will be running out in our clash strips and will bow to and get bent over AGAIN by Essendon & the AFL !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Eastern wrote:
Waltzing St Kilda wrote:

In Rd 3 this year I'll be digusted if we do it again. Symbolically, it will be a powerful born-to-rule club stomping over a weak born-to-hold-up-the-ladder club.

Agree 100% with this

The "deafening silence" on this issue coming from Nettlefold and Westaway suggests that we will be running out in our clash strips and will bow to and get bent over AGAIN by Essendon & the AFL !!
It's extremely annoying and I'd prefer we don't do it.

But the jumper is all Essendon has. They're living on past glories. Most people I know who follow the Saints or who follow other clubs besides Essendon are sicked by the fawning coverage of James T*rd and his off-sider Mark "Sandwiches" Thompson. The fact is Essendon's list isn't that great.

BTW the hard work of pruning dud players Sheedy recruited has actually already been done...by Matthew Knights.

I really think sacking Knights was premature. Instead they've gone for a 'name'...the home-grown hero. I think Hird will probably have a few good wins and generate some supporter interest but in the end it'll be like Kevin Bartlett coaching Richmond.....it'll end in tears.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:
Eastern wrote:
Waltzing St Kilda wrote:

Agree 100% with this

But the jumper is all Essendon has. They're living on past glories. Most people I know who follow the Saints or who follow other clubs besides Essendon are sicked by the fawning coverage of James T*rd and his off-sider Mark "Sandwiches" Thompson. The fact is Essendon's list isn't that great.

BTW the hard work of pruning dud players Sheedy recruited has actually already been done...by Matthew Knights.

I really think sacking Knights was premature. Instead they've gone for a 'name'...the home-grown hero. I think Hird will probably have a few good wins and generate some supporter interest but in the end it'll be like Kevin Bartlett coaching Richmond.....it'll end in tears.
The jumper?

sainterjo
Club Player

Love your work,Trunch.

Great to see that your immense photographic talent has been recognised and look forward to future iconic photos (of a Saints premiership, ideally!)

They will not grow old, as those from more northern States grow old.
For them it will always be three-quarter-time, with the scores level
and the wind advantage in the final term.
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
I Love Peter Kiel wrote:
Eastern wrote:
Waltzing St Kilda wrote:

Agree 100% with this

The jumper?
If I'd started a new post some assh*le would have said:

"And this needs a new post because...?"

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Re: Pre Season/ Clash Jumper....one more time

Trunch wrote:Something I wish St Kilda would do for our clash jumper. Traditional front with a white back.......simple.

Happy to have whatever crazy NAB cup design each year that generates merchandise sales I just wish our clash jumper looked more St Kilda.
EXACTLY!

I warned the cheese eating surrender monkeys in 2008 at the AGM that we might play Collingwood in a Grand Final in the next few years and that it was imperative that our clash jumper be as close to the home jumper as possible and not some jumper with a white panel as wide as the Grand Canyon, because we might be forced to wear our clash jumper in a Grand Final, represented on the world stage!

Westaway interjected " We will wear our home jumper in Grand Finals"

The clown has NFI!

And after last year, you'd think they'd get it sorted, but no the cheese eating surrender monkeys, don't stand for anything, they jump at shadows, bend over and wonder why it continues to happen!

Would Eddie McGuire allow this to happen to Collingwood?

NO, in actual fact he doesn't!

Our clash jumper should be OUR HOME JUMPER with a white back, ALL panels the same width just like our home jumper!

THIS DOES NOT CLASH WITH ANYONE, SO WHAT'S THE ISSUE?

The same as what Collingwood do, replacing the black with white on the back and this would not clash with anyone!

We might as well run out in a white flag!

It's a FAIR DINKUM disgrace how this board represent the club on this issue!

They as one should all stand down effective immediately!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Pre Season/ Clash Jumper....one more time

barks4eva wrote:
Trunch wrote:Something I wish St Kilda would do for our clash jumper. Traditional front with a white back.......simple.

EXACTLY!

I warned the cheese eating surrender monkeys in 2008 at the AGM that we might play Collingwood in a Grand Final in the next few years and that it was imperative that our clash jumper be as close to the home jumper as possible and not some jumper with a white panel as wide as the Grand Canyon, because we might be forced to wear our clash jumper in a Grand Final, represented on the world stage!

Westaway interjected " We will wear our home jumper in Grand Finals"

The clown has NFI!

And after last year, you'd think they'd get it sorted, but no the cheese eating surrender monkeys, don't stand for anything, they jump at shadows, bend over and wonder why it continues to happen!

Would Eddie McGuire allow this to happen to Collingwood?

NO, in actual fact he doesn't!

Our clash jumper should be OUR HOME JUMPER with a white back, ALL panels the same width just like our home jumper!

THIS DOES NOT CLASH WITH ANYONE, SO WHAT'S THE ISSUE?

The same as what Collingwood do, replacing the black with white on the back and this would not clash with anyone!

We might as well run out in a white flag!

It's a FAIR DINKUM disgrace how this board represent the club on this issue!

They as one should all stand down effective immediately!
Still taking them.

thequarry
Club Player

Did they have the home and clash jumpers on sale at the Family Day today? The only real-life picture I've seen of the new clash is on an oddly-shaped bodice on the ISC site...it'll be interesting to see the fans' reaction to this one.