Girl who can't be named on 60 minutes

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Plugger - she was a well known ratbag before she hit the headlines so YES alarm bells should have been ding donging loud and proud and YES in the circumstances where she was known as scurrilous, and young, and the given gravity of the allegations, journalists covering the story were under a much greater obligation than they ordinarily would be to at the very least verify sources, double check facts and cross t's and dot i's.

It ain't rocket science.

And they didn't need to ask her directly at first. Plenty of people would have gone some way to substantiating the non-truth of her allegations.

And in those circumstances she should have been well open to questioning.
Last edited by Thinline on Tue 08 Mar 2011 5:38pm, edited 1 time in total.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Agree with Skinny.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Can't check about miscarriages or stillborns, doctors or Hospitals wont give out that information due to confidentiality.

Who was that psychologist tosser from Sydney whom worked with the NRl and was saying that they were ahead of the AFl and this case proved it?

More lack of professionalism from a so called "expert".

Pathetic :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Can't check about miscarriages or stillborns, doctors or Hospitals wont give out that information due to confidentiality.

Who was that psychologist tosser from Sydney whom worked with the NRl and was saying that they were ahead of the AFl and this case proved it?

More lack of professionalism from a so called "expert".

Pathetic :roll:
Maybe the medical profession won't/can't release that info, but if the media is going to run with this explosive story, that has the potential to ruin many lives, perhaps they could insist the girl herself provides some proof.

They could certainly check out her story of a modeling gig at an Adelaide Convention, conveniently at the same time as the Saints played over there.
This would give a very good indication of the girl's credibility.

Sorry but the media can't just hide behind doctor/patient confidentiality here.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Thats why she consistently refused counselling.

Because any counsellor worth their weight would have seen through the BS and lies.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

There was a mention on the rumour file that she has already been contracted for a photo shoot in a girlie magazine once she turns 18.
For her sake I hope it's wrong, but, with her form is probably right.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:Sorry but the media can't just hide behind doctor/patient confidentiality here.
Dont be sorry - not defendign the gutter crawlers like Riley or O'Brien, if they can't verify they shouldn't publish, just stating the facts thats all.

I am loving how these moral arbiters have been bitten hard on their collective arses by their sloppy journalism and condecending finger pointing.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

As I said before, these journo's remind me of the final scene out of "And Justice for All" where Al Pacino points out that the prosecuting lawyers we're so excited that they we're going after a judge that they forgot their briefcases.
These journo's we're so excited about nailing some footballers and a club that they did no research in their quest for sensationalism.
Yet as Hunch says, the only thing that makes these guy's special is that they can kick a football, wonder if this story would have even made it to the media if it was just someone's local football club that was involved.
Would it have been any less tragic, no, just not news worthy.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Leo.J
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:Sorry but the media can't just hide behind doctor/patient confidentiality here.
Dont be sorry - not defendign the gutter crawlers like Riley or O'Brien, if they can't verify they shouldn't publish, just stating the facts thats all.

I am loving how these moral arbiters have been bitten hard on their collective arses by their sloppy journalism and condecending finger pointing.
Have they though?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

To be fair, Robyn Riley actually saw the girl at her media outlet when she turned up looking pregnant (wearing a belly suit perhaps, who knows)

That part of the story isn't what offends, it's the assumption of truth regarding paternity, and the facts surrounding the initial meeting, and the general portrayal of the football player and club.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

On legal advice, Sunday's segment "Breaking the Code" about an ongoing AFL sex scandal is not available on the website.

Now Ch Nine go to ground.......

so maybe the Adelaide Techincal hitch wasn't that technical as assumed by many....

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
On legal advice, Sunday's segment "Breaking the Code" about an ongoing AFL sex scandal is not available on the website.

Now Ch Nine go to ground.......

so maybe the Adelaide Techincal hitch wasn't that technical as assumed by many....
Dunno about that.

Kimi tweeted to her thousands of loyal fans that there was a technical hitch and directed them to a website so they wouldn't miss "her story".

Now she wouldn't lie; surely!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

so the twitter site/name called not duthie isnt her??
as whoever it is has asked if there is a vid site to upload that is annon

im guessing its a different idiot??

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

intersting that the tweeting hasn't resumed though....

they forgot abuut you tube etc.... It's already out there...

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:so the twitter site/name called not duthie isnt her??
as whoever it is has asked if there is a vid site to upload that is annon

im guessing its a different idiot??
There's many phony sites out there.

The two most recent tweets on what I believe is her official site were on Sunday:

EXCLUSIVE: At last - My story. My life. All will be revealed tonight with @TheLizHayes on @60minutes_nine at 7.30pm.

Adel viewers: Technical issue due to ratings, NOT legal issue. I repeat TECHNICAL. Head to the @60minutes_nine site to see the full story.

mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

The entire thing is just amazing .... and I cannot believe what a bunny Nixon is ... Did he have any idea she was gonna say what she did about him on Sunday about them maybe being together?
Wonder what his wife is feeling.
Collateral damage!
Headline:
Young girl chases footballers for a good time! :roll:

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Have always thought though the whole saga that this slapper was after two things , fame and money !
How she has them , would like to see dal and roo sue her for all she's got. She's admitted that she lied about every thing , so surely they could get something out of her !
Also she seem to be a sociopath , so i'm sure at some stage of her future life , she be suicidal , homicidal , certifliable , felonious and always in denial .
p.s. to the world ; give this woman a wide berth , getting to close will only get you burn't

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mr six o'clock wrote:Have always thought though the whole saga that this slapper was after two things , fame and money !
How she has them , would like to see dal and roo sue her for all she's got. She's admitted that she lied about every thing , so surely they could get something out of her !
Also she seem to be a sociopath , so i'm sure at some stage of her future life , she be suicidal , homicidal , certifliable , felonious and always in denial .
p.s. to the world ; give this woman a wide berth , getting to close will only get you burn't
Why would the players want to start this all over again?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

I’m not normally a fan of long titles however sometimes you just need to do so in the name of correctness.

So can we please stop referring to KD as “the girl who can’t be namedâ€

manoffewwords
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
mr six o'clock wrote:Have always thought though the whole saga that this slapper was after two things , fame and money !
I agree, Why would anyone want to keep it going.

I think The 60 minutes revelations should not be seen as the truth but as a full stop.

MOFW

Say something once why say it again?
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

manoffewwords wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
I agree, Why would anyone want to keep it going.

I think The 60 minutes revelations should not be seen as the truth but as a full stop.

MOFW
Where's that video MOFW?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
manoffewwords
Club Player

What video?

Say something once why say it again?
matrix
Saintsational Legend

"we've made some toast" 8-)

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

manoffewwords wrote:What video?
Weren't you the muppet trumpeting the explosive existence of a damaging gay video that would tip the football world on its head?

Apologies if you weren't.

I just think it's important to 'out' gossip spreading muck early.

Lessons learned and all that...

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Mr Magic wrote:So plugger does that mean the media is entitled to write any story they like as long as they are acting on information from a 'source'?
They don't need to verify what the source tells them?

So if I'm a 16 year old girl and I get a 27 year old friend to tell my Principal that my Father/Mother/Older Brother/Older Sister/Older cousin is belting me, the school doesn't need to ascertain if the allegation has any truth?

That's the point I'm trying to make - how could this whole saga, based on lies, end up going for so long with NOBODY checking anything out?

Everybody involved took the word of this 16/17 year old, whom the school at least were aware was having 'difficulties', over the word of everybody else.
Why?
This is EXACTLY what the media does. And that's not cycnicism, that's what they will TELL YOU is the level of rigour necessary in the modern marketplace.

It's enough to successfully defend most lawsuits. Until the public's choice of material becomes more discerning, why would a paper ask more than that?

If there were consequences such as diminished readership when they got it wrong, you can bet editors would demand more rigour. When the bottom line is that first to air/print/web gets a measurable win, rigour is a function of risk.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford