Raph Clarke.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Middo wrote:Your Welcome...
You're :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
realdeal
Club Player

The Fireman wrote:
stinger wrote:.just lacks confidence and belief in his abilities after being slammed on this forum and by so called"saints supporters", from the outset, who in reality are just armchair warriors, lacking any of raph's natural abilities....most..if not all would never have played the game at afl level....
Please tell me you are taking the piss here.
I don't think so considering many of us agree with the statement.

Raph is a creator, that means he takes risks.. he isn't a Baker or Blake but no way do they create as many scoring chances as Raph does.. Its funny that Raph may make a mistake but all his good things are forgotten (about BOG last week) whilst other make mistakes are not counted.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

realdeal wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
stinger wrote:.just lacks confidence and belief in his abilities after being slammed on this forum and by so called"saints supporters", from the outset, who in reality are just armchair warriors, lacking any of raph's natural abilities....most..if not all would never have played the game at afl level....

Raph is a creator, that means he takes risks.. he isn't a Baker or Blake but no way do they create as many scoring chances as Raph does.. Its funny that Raph may make a mistake but all his good things are forgotten (about BOG last week) whilst other make mistakes are not counted.
That is a worry if so many of you agree with that statement. So you honestly believe he is suffering poor form due to this forum ? and that someone has to be an AFL player or have a natural ability to comment ?
Thankfully I am sure you are wrong but it is still a worry even if two of you believe that .
The trouble with Raph is that he creates too many scoring chances for the opposition, I think you may have risk taking mixed up with poor decision making.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Raph, mini and a few other had absolute shockers the other night, no good arguing against it.....bad thing is the are 25+. And are still prone to make typical mistakes and put in mares....which is why they are maligned.....and when they put in a good one, supporters use that as the defense for the following bad one....

They need to find their niche...To iron out the inconsistency.

Gwilt, Blake, gram, jones, Gilbert all did this.....

Thought mini did this in 2009 but did not back it up...
Raph has his moments but is remembered for glaring/costly errors down back....

Lenny, Joey, Dal, bj, Sam f, schnieder, bad games are when they don't dominate....but have very few quiet games....

matrix
Saintsational Legend

http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... hp?t=68083

its not hard
its on the same front page

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

My version of Raph's game was that he was very courageous as usual, overkicked a couple that went over the heads of the intended player, both incidentally were short players I think, he kicked one out of bounds on the full, and accidentally collected Sam Fisher. Apart from Sam, the rest would have been a good nights disposals for Sam Gilbert, who is our biggest turn-over merchant, but rarely gets crtisised for it.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

i stopped reading raph threads a fair while ago , but i read everything by firery

so in reply to the op

imo , raph is the perfect example of what happens to a footballer , forced to play like a robot and not like the natural he is/was

what you see is what you get , when stupid , short sighted decisions are implimented.

intuitive aint robotic ... and never the twain shall meet.

a major dumbfuck decision , leaving us gasping like an out of water goldfish

.... so we traded for lovett

give me a effen break.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

gazrat wrote:i stopped reading raph threads a fair while ago , but i read everything by firery

so in reply to the op

imo , raph is the perfect example of what happens to a footballer , forced to play like a robot and not like the natural he is/was

what you see is what you get , when stupid , short sighted decisions are implimented.

intuitive aint robotic ... and never the twain shall meet.

a major dumbfuck decision , leaving us gasping like an out of water goldfish
.... so we traded for lovett

give me a effen break.
I'm glad you read my posts so I can read lines like that :lol: oh and find your reasoning behind Raphs problem very plausible.

Middo
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
Middo wrote:Your Welcome...
You're :roll:
Stand corrected ... :wink:

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Raph Clarke is very important to us. Genuine pace, backs up his fellow defenders by being in the right place at the right time, and is prepared to create swift movement from the back half.

He'll always make the odd mistake, but his good far outweighs his bad.

People should sit behind the defensive goals and watch him play. Then they'll see how much he runs, supports, and creates - often getting us out of pretty dangerous situations with his clever positioning and speed. When one of our defenders is boxed into a corner, it's often Clarke who's there in support. You don't tend to see it on TV.

And for a team that's crying out for speed, he's one of the few who genuinely possesses it.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Sadly, Raph had one of his poorer games on Friday night. the ghoulish delight some took in this however is quite laughable. Most here are more level-headed, but over on the home of the Pig-Ignorant Football Fan (aka Facebook) the "hahahahaha I told you he was fkn crap" brigade were in full swing. You post a couple of times trying to reason, but in the end you realise youre dealing with people whose football knowledge doesnt extend much past "Raf Clarrke is shyt we are fkd with im in the side Oi cud play betta then himme"..so you dont bother any more

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
stinger
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
realdeal wrote:
The Fireman wrote:

That is a worry if so many of you agree with that statement. So you honestly believe he is suffering poor form due to this forum ? and that someone has to be an AFL player or have a natural ability to comment ?
Thankfully I am sure you are wrong but it is still a worry even if two of you believe that .

where did i say that someone has to have played afl, or have natural ability to COMMENT ffs..??? :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
realdeal wrote:
The Fireman wrote:

where did i say that someone has to have played afl, or have natural ability to COMMENT ffs..??? :roll: :roll:
just lacks confidence and belief in his abilities after being slammed on this forum and by so called"saints supporters", from the outset, who in reality are just armchair warriors, lacking any of raph's natural abilities....most..if not all would never have played the game at afl level.... right here, you are intimitating that some who are critical are in reality just armchair warriors, lacking any of raph's natural abilities....most..if not all would never have played the game at afl level therefore their comments don't count. How else can you decipher it?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
stinger wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
realdeal wrote:
The Fireman wrote:

just lacks confidence and belief in his abilities after being slammed on this forum and by so called"saints supporters", from the outset, who in reality are just armchair warriors, lacking any of raph's natural abilities....most..if not all would never have played the game at afl level.... right here, you are intimitating that some who are critical are in reality just armchair warriors, lacking any of raph's natural abilities....most..if not all would never have played the game at afl level therefore their comments don't count. How else can you decipher it?
crap....you should have paid more attention during english comprehension lectures......didn't say anybody shouldn't comment...of course you can..it's a free country....all i was saying is that plenty of pple are willing to bag him for things that they couldn't even dream of doing.....he plays sport at an elite level..he is an elite sportsman......99.9% of us aren't ....we can only dream of doing some of the things he does...sure he makes mistakes.....but a f****** lot less than you would.....

...anyway...i don't bag saints players as a rule......pple who do bag players after a poor game have a right to their opinion.....pple who endlessly go on and on about the same player...bagging him week in and week out are as weak as piss.....imhfo... :twisted: :twisted:

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
...anyway...i don't bag saints players as a rule......pple who do bag players after a poor game have a right to their opinion.....pple who endlessly go on and on about the same player...bagging him week in and week out are as weak as piss.....imhfo... :twisted: :twisted:
Well you are right, I couldn't do the things that Raph does but there are so many out there that can and so much better so I hope you don't mind that I make a comment.
You don't bag players as a rule...even though they aren't much chop ?
So glowing accolades are acceptable ?
Well good on you but I like to comment on the pros and the "Cons" of a player regardless of my physical prowess.

PS If people go endlessly on about a certain player then surely there must be some creedance to their comments ?

avid
Club Player

From where I was sitting, Raph was clearly one of our best players on Friday night. He dropped a mark and did something else typically frustrating in the last quarter, so, in the end, went down from "in best 3 or 4" to "above average".

Beside his real speed and creativity, he is also exceptionally courageous. There's hardly a marking pack in the backline that he isn't backing into with his eyes on the ball. He gets crunched countless times for his team. Watch him and count. Watch him in his last GF. His game is built around sacrifice.

He is constantly taking courageous marks. And making line-breaking dashes out of defence. He is often making decision and/or delivery mistakes too, I acknowledge. But, as far as I'm concerned, Raph is up there in our best dozen, and on balance should be one of our most admired. Very few of our heroes are perfect.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

avid wrote:From where I was sitting, Raph was clearly one of our best players on Friday night. He dropped a mark and did something else typically frustrating in the last quarter, so, in the end, went down from "in best 3 or 4" to "above average".

Beside his real speed and creativity, he is also exceptionally courageous. There's hardly a marking pack in the backline that he isn't backing into with his eyes on the ball. He gets crunched countless times for his team. Watch him and count. Watch him in his last GF. His game is built around sacrifice.

He is constantly taking courageous marks. And making line-breaking dashes out of defence. He is often making decision and/or delivery mistakes too, I acknowledge. But, as far as I'm concerned, Raph is up there in our best dozen, and on balance should be one of our most admired. Very few of our heroes are perfect.
Dont go praising Raph around here, he is a marked man, doesn't matter what he does.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Leo.J
SS Life Member

avid wrote:From where I was sitting, Raph was clearly one of our best players on Friday night. He dropped a mark and did something else typically frustrating in the last quarter, so, in the end, went down from "in best 3 or 4" to "above average".

Agree...

He's important to us.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
PS If people go endlessly on about a certain player then surely there must be some creedance to their comments ?
not necessarily.....there might be another reason...in raph's case......but we ain't going there are we.???.....joffaboy had it summed up.....suggest you read his comments.....i fully agree with him here and proud that i do.... :wink: 8-)

...oh...it's spelt......c r e d e n c e. :wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

as i said before...there were only about three players better than him on friday night...so that puts him in front of 22 other saints players...in that game....so i must agree with you...

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
not necessarily.....there might be another reason...in raph's case......but we ain't going there are we.???.....joffaboy had it summed up.....suggest you read his comments.....i fully agree with him here and proud that i do.... :wink: 8-)

I know what you are alluding to but as you would also know I want nothing to do with that and also sure that Joffa knows that. In the meantime I will point out how costly Raph can be.

PS thanks for the spelling lesson..a massive CCR fan...Freudian slip. ;)

stinger
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
stinger wrote:
The Fireman wrote:

I know what you are alluding to but as you would also know I want nothing to do with that and also sure that Joffa knows that. In the meantime I will point out how costly Raph can be.

PS thanks for the spelling lesson..a massive CCR fan...Freudian slip. ;)
love that group myself.....we have something in common.... :twisted:

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Id love to praise raf to get the support of the forum and make friends with 'loyal' supporters..... But unfortunately ill call it as i see it....last week i praised him for a second good game (almost patronising isnt it) but this week he deserves harsh critique because he was poor at best.....costly indeed...

He can certainly play, and one duck of the head aside is very courageous...but why do we worry when he has ball in hand.....he turns over short passes, which in defense usually means goal....

Gilbert does NOT escape critisism because he is probably worse...along with gram, jones, blake, baker, ray, peake and half a dozen other poor kicks