Seen no real changes....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Seen no real changes....

Seriously, we needed to improve somehow to take the next step....free, Carl, haw, kangas, rich, melb....and a couple of others are all improving.....

How were we going to get better short term.....trading..no.....game plan..can anyone see a change over the pre season......selection changes.....well at least armos getting a run......

Back structure is identical

Mid set up is the same

Fwd set up looks like nick r

Dempster playing chf was tried in a gf....failed then, will always fail....why not try the first round draft pick who was drafted as a tall fwd played there...

I see nothing different....not in the way we play

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

FFS....at least wait until round 2 of proper footy when we field more than 60% of a side before you start crying we're going backwards

Bring back the Lockett era
Buckets
SS Life Member

jonesy wrote:FFS....at least wait until round 2 of proper footy when we field more than 60% of a side before you start crying we're going backwards

+1,000,000

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Just seems we are intent on getting minutes into legs. Nothing more. Match-ups non-existent, skills down. Looks like we weren't too interested in winning. The Bombers have played well. And looked interested. We haven't.

On that I don't think you can tell whether we've changed or not.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

So are we going to be better then....good, I feel better....cos, here was I worrying about some real concerning signs...

With our slow structure getting ripped to shreds

And some individuals who quite frankly look past it...or no where near up to it...

But in r2 we will find pace, foot skills, attacking flair, a couple of new players....good

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:So are we going to be better then....good, I feel better....cos, here was I worrying about some real concerning signs...

And some individuals who quite frankly look past it...or no where near up to it...

But in r2 we will find pace, foot skills, attacking flair, a couple of new players....good
dude take some prozac or somthing ... Geelong are getting touched up by Port and hawthorn are only just beating the Tigers .... settle down the real thing starts soon and we will be much better than this

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
wasaintsfan
Club Player

the guys are just going through the motions?? are you watching the tv or a poster???

theyre jogging basically... not creating space etc.... archer gets a nice goal btw

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Ess have primed themselves for NAB cup series

Our pre-season futher back......

Bombers fresh after 8 days

Us off colour after six day break......prob better again for this run

pace is still of some concern

saint4life
Buckets
SS Life Member

BigMart wrote:So are we going to be better then....good, I feel better....cos, here was I worrying about some real concerning signs...

Honestly, do you ever have anything positive to say or is it only when we lose a game? Hell its a NAB cup game, our 3rd praccy match for the year, NO rucks, Kosi, Gilbert and Schnieds OUT Fisher out early in the game, Joey off from half time.

Bombers wanted the game from the get go, Saints on the other hand are just getting conditioning.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:

Honestly, do you ever have anything positive to say or is it only when we lose a game? Hell its a NAB cup game, our 3rd praccy match for the year, NO rucks, Kosi, Gilbert and Schnieds OUT Fisher out early in the game, Joey off from half time.

Bombers wanted the game from the get go, Saints on the other hand are just getting conditioning.
Answer is no

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Oh FFS.....I apologize sincerely for my damning review of our skill level, fitness, structure and doubting anything....sorry.

We are miles away from the season....3 weeks at least to get it right....I actually thought we had been training for 4 months and had nearly our full compliment....but it seems we are well behind and will catch up.

Good...

BTW surely we can't think of a great deal positive out of this game...can we....I can't actually think of one thing....maybe Raphs attack on the man...pity it was our aa defender

On the contrary if I was an ess fan....IMO they look like a mini Coll and move the ball very well.

I will only post after victories now?.....just in case there is any chance of criticism, negativity or doubting.....after all we are stk....we should never be questioned....just look at our rich history....

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

dude seriously you need to take a chill pill ...

positives out of this game is very clear to see ..... we got another run into the legs of the team ... Cripps got another run Archer got a go at leading the ruck Smith got a run against a quallty opponent .....

by your logic the top three will be Essendon Collingwood and West Coast ...

its preseason by all means if we play this bad come round 5 round 6 then yeah we should be concerned but its only the second REAL game of the year .....

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
wasaintsfan
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Oh FFS.....I apologize sincerely for my damning review of our skill level, fitness, structure and doubting anything....sorry.

We are miles away from the season....3 weeks at least to get it right....I actually thought we had been training for 4 months and had nearly our full compliment....but it seems we are well behind and will catch up.

Good...

BTW surely we can't think of a great deal positive out of this game...can we....I can't actually think of one thing....maybe Raphs attack on the man...pity it was our aa defender

On the contrary if I was an ess fan....IMO they look like a mini Coll and move the ball very well.

I will only post after victories now?.....just in case there is any chance of criticism, negativity or doubting.....after all we are stk....we should never be questioned....just look at our rich history....
you're right we should just add a spoon to the collection instead :) screw the rest of the season ;) rewatch the game.. and look at effort levels

if goddard riewoldt blake milne hayes dalsanto put that little effort in a season game you'd be asking for them to be dropped

the fact is they put as much load on the kids as possible to see how theyd react.. there was no intention to win the game... just look at the attitudes... wait til round 1 till you start telling people the sky is falling... atm you just look like a crazy nutter

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:

Posting after a victory...that would be a first?

Essendon a mini Collingwood after a nab cup game where the opposition didn't try? That's up there with you comparing Luke Ball to Lenny Hayes in september

Buckets
SS Life Member

BigMart wrote:Oh FFS.....I apologize sincerely for my damning review of our skill level, fitness, structure and doubting anything....sorry.

Good...

Bolded bits

1. Re read my reply to your opening statement, we had a minimum of 6 walk up starters NOT in the team. We had 8 players take the field who were either in their 1 or 2nd year. We then had 2 more walkup starts subbed off by halftime. We had no ruck contingent, the matchups suggests that Lyon was more worried about getting run into the legs more than structure and the result.

2. Yep get rid of him for actually trying to get the ball :shock: Watch the replay of the incident and Raph went the ball to stop Essendon from getting possession, it was Fisher who turned into Raph not Raph running into Fisher.

3. Are you Tim Lane???? Comparing the Bombers with the Pies in the 3rd match of the NAB cup :shock:
Thats why Hird is in his first year as coach and needs someone like Mark 'please be loyal to the team Garry' Thompson to play seriously for a preseason game.

Amazing that the wrap up from the 3aw said the same thing, Saints while disappointing were getting run into the legs of its players, were behind the bombers in terms of prep for the season and would be focused more on the season PROPER rather than winning the preseason.
Last edited by Buckets on Fri 04 Mar 2011 9:11pm, edited 1 time in total.

PJ
SS Life Member

Oh FFS.....I apologize sincerely for my damning review of our skill level, fitness, structure and doubting anything....sorry.
LOL, very faulty towers, ya gotta laugh.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
wasaintsfan
Club Player

oh and now we can get a trial with the new sub rules....

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

"mini collingwood" that's got to be the statement of the season...thus far

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

not much effort in there - onr team played to win, one to find a bit of match fitness and form. but our young ones didn't show anything at all.
armo just wanted to fight when he should be making sure he makes the starting 22.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
BallBanger
Club Player

Surely bigmart not the only one concerned with our inabliity to score or our midfield (full list) unable to match it.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

I'll let you know if we have a problem at the end of the season.

noob
Club Player

I don't think its been the lack of pace thats letting us down(if it ever did?) think it might be the lack of goalkicking through the midfield

PJ
SS Life Member

Wake me up when the masterbation cup is over will ya :roll:

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Scottish Saint
Club Player

We were rubbish in the 2009 pre season and followed that with 19 wins in a row when the real season started.

The pre season cup means nothing.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

hmmm.....we get thumped in a meaningless praccy match without any proper ruckman and most of our backline missing.

and here comes BigMart, what a surprise :roll:

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.