poor form from the club regarding social club reserved seat

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintwalsh
Club Player

poor form from the club regarding social club reserved seat

I recieved mail from the club today with my membership card in it. I then noticed that their was no reserved seat with it. I sent back my request for a reserved seat the day after i recieved the mail from the club regarding the social club reserve seat bay. I have been sitting in this area for the last 4 years, going and organising it early on a saturday morning for the corrosponding weeks game. The part that i am most annoyed with is that the club has failed to notify me about missing out on this seat in the social club area. And have claimed to have creditied the money back into my account which im yet to look at. One seat in this area was all that i required. Now i will have to look at alternative options. Are their anyone else in this predicament????

saint1974
Club Player

I too recieved my granddaughters membership card today, the rest of us 5 memberships have not arrived.
We were the same as you requested seating in the social club area retuned form and rang the club to confirm, no seating has been allocated to her, we are long term social club members(foundation yes I know that does not count anymore)
I am not happy about this as we were told we would have seating around aisle 19 or 20 with other supporters we sit near.

hellorocky
Club Player

I have not received my membership cards as yet but did return my 4 membership forms by fax a few days after I received them in the mail. I also asked that they call me when allocating the seats, which they did in early January, I was advised of my seat no. and row over the phone.

Money has been deducted so I hope it is all OK and we have great 'neighbours' for many years to come

saintwalsh
Club Player

I go to the football every week on my own and i was guranteed when i rang up about this issue that i would get a seat. I was told today that my 80 dollars has been credited back into my account which i am yet to look at. I really wish that they just kept the old system which meant that you would have to go and get your tickets for that area the saturday before the game. This was fair because the people who really wanted to seat their had a chance each week. I am very dissaponted and i feel sorry for the other people who are in my situation, hopefully the club and social club will rectify this for the 2012 season and go back to what they were originally doing with this area prior to 2011.

hellorocky
Club Player

that is really terrible saintwalsh :(

So what they are basically saying is that all the allocation is sold? I was told that there were 3500 seats on offer when I phoned to double check in Dec.

I have spoken to quite a few other sc'ers and they say they have also taken up the offer but didn't receive a phone call, also others that didn't bother with the offer.

I wonder if only those that asked for a call got one. i would be mighty annoyed if it happened to me

saintwalsh
Club Player

totaly frustrated and dissaponted. Now i will have to just organise a reserved seat some where which is annoying because its alot more expensive and im guessing all the good ones are already taken. I just wanted to sit with my fellow social club members which i have been doing for the past 5 years.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

When are you guys going to wake up?

The club doesn't give a s*** about supporters.

They know that they can do what they like and we'll still support them.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:When are you guys going to wake up?

The club doesn't give a s*** about supporters.

They know that they can do what they like and we'll still support them.
Yep the same as 16 other clubs.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I'm sorry to say that I think St Kilda FC have one of the worst organisations known to mankind as far as the membership goes. I base this on experience. Our family too, hit difficulties every year. What gets me cheesed off more than anything, is the fact that we have been in the system now for TEN years, and still they make a balls of someone's m'ship most years. I'm going to wait until the last minute to renew for 2012, and will ditch the Age deal too (what a complete farce THAT is!)
I love the club, but the club management see me as nothing more than a source of revenue! A fact of life I'm afraid :cry:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
The Craw
Club Player

The membership dept has been fantastic for me. I have been a member for 15 years, son 10 years and family for 5 years. I have reserved seats.

I moved house and forgot to update my details. Rang the club and they were great. Got my membership pack within 2 days of my call. Re confirmed my reserve seats.... they held them for me, will get my cards next month.

Not having a go at anyone but sometimes you just need to be proactive.

Not Craw, CRAW!
mich13
Club Player

saintwalsh wrote:totaly frustrated and dissaponted. Now i will have to just organise a reserved seat some where which is annoying because its alot more expensive and im guessing all the good ones are already taken. I just wanted to sit with my fellow social club members which i have been doing for the past 5 years.
Aisle 17 which is next to the social club area has a number of single seats within the first 10 rows. If you call up to organise one, ask about that area. At least you'll be close to the social area :)

"You can get more money elsewhere, but [St Kilda] is our home, we love it to death, so why would you want to leave?"

- Nick Dal Santo 21 Jun 2005
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

This is pathetic.

Weve heard nothing - rang and got told we werent allowed to be told over the phone of seats/bays etc....yet others clealry have.

No process, no friggin idea....no wonder AFL clubs go broke when the ource of their existence (membership revenue) is managed in a half @ssed way.

“Yeah….nah””