Jumper presentation at Season Launch tonight

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

SainterK wrote:The guy on the far left of your avatar goes alright Gill, what number did he go again?
ey? far left of my avatar is the letter F

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Chris Grant was 120 something, Hird 79, but that was two decades ago.

Joey was 37 but that was 6 years ago.

If he was that good he would have gone top ten, not mid twenties.

However as i said I am not knocking the kid, haven't seen him touch a ball so how the hell would I know.

I will take the word of BS and Lyon doesn't make these decisions lightly.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
goddardisgod
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:Chris Grant was 120 something, Hird 79, but that was two decades ago.

However as i said I am not knocking the kid, haven't seen him touch a ball so how the hell would I know.

You have to remember a lot of talls went early. Gorringe, Lynch, Day, Watson and the Melbourne one, along with the very strange/stupid discision of Hawks to go with Smith. Along with his diabetes rumor, it's certainly a possible he would have gone top 15 in an non-raped draft.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Chris Grant was 120 something, Hird 79, but that was two decades ago.

We're due, in fact overdue, for a pleasant draft surprise Joff. :)

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

goddardisgod wrote:

You have to remember a lot of talls went early. Gorringe, Lynch, Day, Watson and the Melbourne one, along with the very strange/stupid discision of Hawks to go with Smith. Along with his diabetes rumor, it's certainly a possible he would have gone top 15 in an non-raped draft.
Thanks GiG. As good an explanation I have heard. Maybe the diabetics issue got out, and maybe we have been lucky. After all we went for Ball (who had OP) over Judd because supposedly Judd had crook shoulders (B4E would tell you a different story).

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

goddardisgod wrote:

Cripps was diagnosed with diabetes 3 days before draft day after he lost 10kgs in weight, so not sure how many clubs would have actually been aware of his condition as by then im sure most of them were set on who they were taking.. If the Gold Coast didnt have so many picks he would have gone top 15 easily as they had to recruit certain types of players. From memory all the Fantasy Draft predictions had him going from 16-25.

Sam Fisher & JAmes Gwilt were both picked beyond 50...

suss
Club Player

It's funny, after hearing about these other kids we should've supposedly taken, I went back and watched the draft a day or two afterwards. Our recruiters read out Cripps' name within a spilt second of it being our pick - it's like we couldn't believe that he'd lasted until the early 20's. Up until then I had the feeling that we'd ballsed it up but seeing that moment gave me confidence.