Are we the only club that doesnt have a MAJOR SPONSER????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintwalsh
Club Player

Are we the only club that doesnt have a MAJOR SPONSER????

With Only like 6 - 7 weeks before round 1. It worries me that we dont have a major sponser. With all the bad publicity the club has been getting through the media over the past few months, it worries me that our club might not be able to find a major sponser with such little time left before the 2011 AFL season.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

why is everyone worried about not having a sponsor?
who actually cares? they dont deserve one, and probably wont find one before round 1.
what im more worried about is winning the premiership this year. this is possibly our last chance to ever win one before we are merged with Broome or some random team that comes in. if we dont win it its game over for St.Kilda IMO.
for those that are about to rip into me like theres no tomorrow, no i havent lost faith in the club, but ive lost patience with them.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

Re: Are we the only club that doesnt have a MAJOR SPONSER???

saintwalsh wrote:With Only like 6 - 7 weeks before round 1. It worries me that we dont have a major sponser. With all the bad publicity the club has been getting through the media over the past few months, it worries me that our club might not be able to find a major sponser with such little time left before the 2011 AFL season.
This whole situation is a joke, we are the laughing stock of this competiton. The thing is now even some of my mates who normally bag me are starting to give sympathy which says to me that this off field rubbish has gone on far too long.
We should have sponsors falling over each other to get to us! We have finished 2nd two years in a row and were the 2nd most watched team last year behind Collingwood. All things being equal we should have as many big sponsors as they do. To maybe not have a major sponsor this year of all years is an absolute disgrace! Maybe the players should give some money back to the club from there salary's since they are the ones that are costing us sponsorship and members!

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Talk about over the top crap.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Maybe Saintsational could be the official jumper sponsor for any of the remainders from the player sponsorship pledge...

Its not about not being about to find a major sponsor... Its about how much that major sponsor pays!

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

No team has a major sponser.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti23 wrote:No team has a major sponser.
You, my friend are a spelling genius :wink: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Eastern wrote:
I'm an all round genius, I just dabble in spelling.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti23 wrote:
Eastern wrote:
I'm an all round genius, I just dabble in spelling.
and....you're modest ?????? :wink: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Couldn't be a worse time to be looking for a sponsor, what with pissndruggate coming straight after kimmigate.

However it doesn't mean we can't or won't sign one.

We may not have a good profile at the moment, but we certainly do have A profile.

We have a lot of Friday nights games scheduled and once again we expect to be very competitive and go deep into the finals.

Sure some traditional, conservative companies won't want to touch us with a barge pole but society is changing, demographics are changing and marketing strategies are changing.

Sponsors get involved for exposure (no pun unintended :wink: ) and some would see more value in a club that is competive, if a little controversial than a club that is squeaky clean but is hovering around the bottom of the ladder. In fact our misdeamours may be seen as desirable for an edgy company aiming at a young market.

So far they haven't sacked that train wreck Charlie Sheen from 2 and a half men. And that's because he continues to rate and sponsors continue to buy advertising time.

Yes it will be difficult and I don't envy those in charge of finding a major sponsor. I don't however believe it's an impossibility.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Woodside on board as major sponsor

6:00 AM Wed 02 Sep, 2009

Western Australia’s biggest publicly listed company Woodside Energy has signed on as a major sponsor of the Fremantle Football Club.

Fremantle chief executive officer Steve Rosich said that Woodside, which has been a corporate partner for the past four years, had agreed to a three-year major sponsorship through to the end of the 2012 AFL season

goodie
Club Player

Does this mean we get to use both sides of the banner again?

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Con Gorozidis wrote:

6:00 AM Wed 02 Sep, 2009

Western Australia’s biggest publicly listed company Woodside Energy has signed on as a major sponsor of the Fremantle Football Club.

Fremantle chief executive officer Steve Rosich said that Woodside, which has been a corporate partner for the past four years, had agreed to a three-year major sponsorship through to the end of the 2012 AFL season
No team has a major sponser.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Nettlefold said he was confident the series of off-field dramas involving the Saints over summer would not have an impact on sponsorship.

St Kilda is yet to secure a major sponsor for the season, but Nettlefold said they were confident of finding one soon.

"We are working with a number of people in discussions on finding a new major sponsor," he said.

"Jeld-Wen have stayed with us in a sub-major sponsorship position now and we are confident that we are going to have all of our sponsorship issues resolved in the very near term.">>>>>>>>>>>
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Well, youwould have to see the funny side if our major sponsor ended up being Ansell.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

The main reason that we dont have one, is not the stupid off field rubbish, it is because I daresay that the club is actually trying to sell the brand for what it is really worth.

We had the second highest TV audience last year.
Over a million peeps come to our games each year.
We currently look to go deep into the post season, which generates greater focus.

It is worth a lot.

We should get value.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:why is everyone worried about not having a sponsor?
who actually cares? they dont deserve one, and probably wont find one before round 1.
what im more worried about is winning the premiership this year. this is possibly our last chance to ever win one before we are merged with Broome or some random team that comes in. if we dont win it its game over for St.Kilda IMO.
for those that are about to rip into me like theres no tomorrow, no i havent lost faith in the club, but ive lost patience with them.
dools think of the older members of the club .. you are young and have not lived through the worst days of this club ... our time will come keep the faith mate

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Does anyone know the name of the Super Sheds WOOLWORTHS are puting up all around the country in opposition to BUNNINGS? !!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Does anyone know the name of the Super Sheds WOOLWORTHS are puting up all around the country in opposition to BUNNINGS? !!
Well it's partnership with US company Lowes, so maybe it will be Lowes.

Almost Loewes :wink:

The again there is a Loewes who make high end electrical products :)

rexy
SS Life Member

Eastern wrote:Does anyone know the name of the Super Sheds WOOLWORTHS are puting up all around the country in opposition to BUNNINGS? !!
Big Box, is the rumoured name?

Maybe this year?
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote:
Big Box, is the rumoured name?
OK then we better forget them then :shock: :shock: :shock: