4 St Kilda players suspended following incident in NZ

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Ice Wolf
Club Player

saint66au wrote:
Ice Wolf wrote:
Spinner wrote:Idiots...

Such a big ban illustrates that the 'prescription drugs' is an issue. Or just making a massive statement!

Any clue or clarity on possible misuse possibilities???
Could be as simple as just drinking alcohol whilst on a medication prescribed by the team doctor that isn't to be taken with alcohol
Thats not simple,, its breathtakingly stupid for anyone. lt alone an elite athlete
Didn't say it wasn't stupid

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote: I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to the next era,to many scars with this one
The history of the St Kilda Football Club has been one big scar

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Very disappointing...........for all sorts of reasons.

Stanley and Steven are meant to in the next rung demanding a place in the seniors..and they do crap like this....and now they basically miss the pre-season.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
ark
Club Player

So disappointing to say the least. After all that's happened, could they not just behave...

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

saintnick12 wrote:
Ice Wolf wrote:

Such a big ban illustrates that the 'prescription drugs' is an issue. Or just making a massive statement!

Could be as simple as just drinking alcohol whilst on a medication prescribed by the team doctor that isn't to be taken with alcohol
I hope you are right. While not a good thing, it's at the lower end. The club has left it open to more sepeculation by mentioning it but not explaining it.
Were all 4 involved with taking prescription medications :?:
You are right, it's ambiguously worded, probably because it is the worse case scenario :(

If I was a mother of a new recruit at St Kilda, I'd be sick with worry.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
saintnick12 wrote:
Ice Wolf wrote:

I hope you are right. While not a good thing, it's at the lower end. The club has left it open to more sepeculation by mentioning it but not explaining it.
Were all 4 involved with taking prescription medications :?:
You are right, it's ambiguously worded, probably because it is the worse case scenario :(

If I was a mother of a new recruit at St Kilda, I'd be sick with worry.
I'm just a supporter and I'm sick with worry. :(

boneless23
Club Player

Michael Gardiner was quoted in David Mission's book as saying "If you hang around with these guys (Saints players) long enough, you can't help but do the right thing"

It seems that the wheels have fallen off recently.

Quixote
SS Life Member

Extremely disappointed with Stanley and Steven. Seemed like solid young men and I had them in my starting 22 for Rnd 1.

Couldn't give a flying f*** about the other two though. They could both piss off back to the hole we pulled them from and I wouldn't blink.
Last edited by Quixote on Mon 31 Jan 2011 8:24pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
bergsone
SS Life Member

IMO club should come out and say exactly what happened,what was taken and what curfew was broken,after all the s*** that has happened recently,just about had enough.Do these guys realise the opportunity they have,s*** wish i had had the chance they have.Just so pissed off

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

...however in a rare bit of good news, its not on the Herald-Sun website yet..I give it an hour tops...and by the time I get to work tomorrow it should be news on Pluto :evil:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I wonder how many as yet unrenewed members are sitting there going 'Enough is enough. f*** 'em this year. Rabble.'

I suspect multiple thousands.

Something is crook in Tobruk, peeps. All this adds up to a whole heap of stinking s*** that reeks of blokes thinking 'a flag'll just happen eventually'. Don't like it a single iota. Pathetic as.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:...however in a rare bit of good news, its not on the Herald-Sun website yet..I give it an hour tops...and by the time I get to work tomorrow it should be news on Pluto :evil:
Facts only so far
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/s ... 5997683047

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
chook23
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:...however in a rare bit of good news, its not on the Herald-Sun website yet..I give it an hour tops...and by the time I get to work tomorrow it should be news on Pluto :evil:
Is now................here we go again

saint4life
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
SaintPav wrote:BIG f--ken deal....
Just like the photos, The fight in the nightclub, the alledged liason with a school girl and the alledged rape. Anything else I have forgotten over the last year that is no big deal.
Exactly. What the f*** is going on with this club?

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
older saint
SS Life Member

Cahill - hanging on the list just last year. Clearly not the cleverest person in the world. He now has 6 months to make up for the mistake as well as prove he can play . Unlikely to stay

Dawson - seems old hawthorn habits die hard. Worked his arse off to get back and now clearly thinks he has made it and takes the foot off the pedal. Back through the magoos

Stanley and Steven- Young and stupid!

All these players do not realise they have just lifted the demands by us as supporters on them by 20-50% to a player who does the right things.
D*ckheads !

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

chook23 wrote:
Is now................here we go again
If you don't like it, you don't have to support a club that f**** up so often and gives them so much ammunition. Or you could keep on trying to shoot the messenger, like many others on here.
Last edited by AnythingsPossibleSaints on Mon 31 Jan 2011 8:32pm, edited 1 time in total.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

too late

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/s ... 5997683047

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:I wonder how many as yet unrenewed members are sitting there going 'Enough is enough. f*** 'em this year. Rabble.'

Something is crook in Tobruk, peeps. All this adds up to a whole heap of stinking s*** that reeks of blokes thinking 'a flag'll just happen eventually'. Don't like it a single iota. Pathetic as.
I'd never give up on the club; never throw away my membership.

BUT

It is becoming increasing difficult having to defend this sort of crap. I mean, this coming just after the other extremely embarrassing and damaging issue was starting to die down :evil:

And to think, for a whole 5 to 10 minutes on that other thread we actually allowed ourselves to believe it was Collingwood's turn to cop it in the media. Our timing is unbelievable :roll:

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Thinline wrote:I wonder how many as yet unrenewed members are sitting there going 'Enough is enough. f*** 'em this year. Rabble.'

+1

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Getting really f****** sick of this s***!

As mentioned before, I too am looking foward to the next generation. We have had a chance and....its going to be be a disappointing year I feel. After that, rebuild.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Probably waiting to get a comment from Stewie :roll:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Dawson, Stanley and Steven were/are supposedly the "future" that in 2011 will be helping to bridge the Collingwood gap ....now they miss the pre season?

Something has to give here.

7 yrs of mild success - sure lots of finals...but no flags... and also during this time plenty of club implosions, Boards spills, rape allegations, coach overhauls,ego maniacs, litigation payouts, nightclub stoushses, nude photo's, pregnancy scandals.....and now this...

I finished 2010 dissapointed and for the entire off season Ive been trumpeting to every Pie fan who laughs at our club...."yeah but we had an interrupted 2010......you wont be so lucky in 2011.."....well......so far all I see is a club constantly shooting all its toes off.

I'm a huge Lyon fan - tactically he's excellent. I am now concerned about our player management capability and a culture that clearly has something amiss. These guys have just missed 2 flags - yet clearly as a club we remain unprofessional with behaviour like this occuring so frequently. I shudder to think what we could have achieved had we managed to maintain a level of professionalism that avoided much of this shyte. Its just not good enough.

Talent alone isnt enough. Supporters still bleed year on year, and yet the party boy players still run rampant apparently ignorant to all this.

We've achieved nothing.

“Yeah….nah””
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

What do you expect them to write?

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Get a grip you guys.

Fair dinkum, a bit of a play up in NZ.

Oh its the end of the world............... :roll:

They got a kick up the arse - BY THE CLUB.

Discipline is good, breaking curfew wont be tolerated and they learnt a valuable lesson on what it takes to be a Saints player.

Hate to be in the trenches next to some of you hysterics :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

What do you expect them to write?

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93