Raph Clarke as a forward

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:Well I had a dream about Raph handballing in the backline last night in the back pocket. It was intercepted and kicked through for a goal by the opposite team. Can't quite work out who the team was though.

I hope raph doesn't see this cause i will be staying with him next week. Hi. :lol:
give him my regards mate.....i am one of his biggest fans...rate him highly........after dave of course..... :wink: :wink: 8-)

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

If you look closely at our game-plan when Raph is playing you will see that ON MOST OCCASIONS Raph is the last link in the chain (closest to the oppositions goals). This means that he then requires the most support as even the smallest mistake would surely cost us a goal. It is often this lack of support (Sam Fisher being the worst offender) that leaves Raph "High & Dry" and looking like the dill. On the other hand, when the back six is working well as a team within a team Raph is then able to show his real worth to the team. The 2009 Finals Series is a really good example of this !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

hellorocky
Club Player

DWOODROW wrote:
Well I had a dream about Raph handballing in the backline last night in the back pocket. It was intercepted and kicked through for a goal by the opposite team. Can't quite work out who the team was though.

I hope raph doesn't see this cause i will be staying with him next week. Hi. Laughing
Just as long as Raph isn't still having the same nightmare!

Actually I have often thought that fans of a slightly older age try to compare Raph to Nicky Winmar (my all time best ever favourite player). You just have to look at the other thread about favourite 22 and Nicky is in everyones list. Raph is a different type to Nicky (and thankfully in a way, a different personality)
Last edited by hellorocky on Fri 28 Jan 2011 6:55am, edited 2 times in total.

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

I really like Raph, and when he's firing he gives us another dimension. But when I've seen him in the forward line shooting for goal he is shot to bits in terms of confidence. Stuttering run, looking around to give it up. Looks terrible. Leave him running out of the back-line.

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

I really like Raph, and when he's firing he gives us another dimension. But when I've seen him in the forward line shooting for goal he is shot to bits in terms of confidence. Stuttering run, looking around to give it up. Looks terrible. Leave him running out of the back-line.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Agree 100%! Raph (IF he can stay fit) will be a an important part of our future, as a backman.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
spert
Saintsational Legend

I think in all fairness to Raph, he is getting into the chronically injured category, and hasn't got he body to carry a season. I wouldn't be planning a team around him.