The other human headline at it again....The Age

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote: Do the proponents of the other method of handling this, whatever that is, really believe the girl would have stopped doing what she was doing?
Her doing anything doesn't matter. It's not what she's doing, it's that the media are driving it. The media are only driving it, because the club gave them the lead to run with.

There was no story initially. The club managed to create one.

It's the fact that the press are giving her a voice that's cost the Saints a pretty big hit to their image.

The Saints made it a bigger story than it was, throwing the press a bone who in turn give air time to the girl and side with her when writing about it.
It was a pretty fricken big story as soon as them photos were published!!!
No it wasn't.

It was nothing.

There was a huge fuss about it because of the group sex angle. It would have taken the club 30 seconds to put that to bed (excuse the pun) then there would have been nothing to talk about.
As you yourself might say,

Seriously? :roll:

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Good to see that saintsational being 'down' for a few weeks hasn't stopped rodger from commencing the new season in the manner he finished last season.

And BTW Ross Levin has been a partner at Rigby Cooke since July 2007 so I'm not sure how well rodger really knows him given that he thinks he still works at PwC.

But maybe rodger is confused?
Last edited by Mr Magic on Tue 25 Jan 2011 3:19pm, edited 1 time in total.

westy
Club Player

With the greatest of respect to rodgerfox, I think that he should really consider supporting another club. The degree of dislike that is displayed towards St Kilda Football Club suggests that he is not a very happy man and that continued involvement with the club at any level could ultimately lead to long term ill-health.

I'm livin' in a madhouse
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:Good to see that saintsational being 'down' for a few weeks hasn't stopped rodger fromcommencing the new season in the manner he finished last season.

And BTW Ross Levin has been a partner at Rigby Cooke since July 2007 so I'm not sure how well rodger really knows him given that he thinks he still works at PwC.

Good pick up!!!

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Life Long Saint wrote: That is excrement. The players get a, relatively, small amount of extra money out of winning a flag. We have this little system called the salary cap that limits the amount of money a club can pay its players. Maybe you've heard of it.
'Premiership players' get contracts at other clubs when they're clearly washed up or no good. 'Premiership players', no matter how thick, get media jobs for years to come.

It's a business.

Of course it's not just all about money. Getting to the top of the tree in any job is an ambition of most people. Footballers want to win to be the best.

But most footballers would be happy to get there regardless of what jumper they're wearing.

Life Long Saint wrote:
I'd be willing to bet that all of the teams that have won the flag recently were not thinking about the money. If that's what we're thinking about then its no wonder the club haven't got over the line in the past few years.
Did you hear Riewoldt's comments after the GF1, and during the week? It was all about money.

It's a business to the players. Far moreso to coaches and administrators, but still not an emotional thing to most players.

See Gary Ablett, Campbell Brown, Hamill, Judd, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.
Footy in general Rodg, or the GF in particular? If the latter, thre must be some seriously great actors among the losing GF team every year

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

DodgyFox - if footy is all about the money, then Rooey would be up in QLD with Gazza right now.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
PJ
SS Life Member

You can tell it is the off season with everyone focused on all St.Kilda regardless of whether it's footy or not - clearly this is not. Who gives a rat's backside about this personality competition?

At present the score stands at:

Ross Lyon - 3 GFs no cups, 1 coaches gong

Nick Riewoldt - AA, Club Captain, 3 GFs no cups

Nick Dal - AA, 3 GFs no cups

Zac - 3 GFs no cups

The rest = rat's backside

It's a work in progress that gives many saints fans hope.

The season will kick off soon and print stories will be tomorrow's fish n chip rappers.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:DodgyFox - if footy is all about the money, then Rooey would be up in QLD with Gazza right now.
So would BJ, Dal and the top five others on our list.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Jimmy1972
Club Player

Rodger the Dodger are you for real? Or maybe you are actually GT which explains everything. Cause I'm over this.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:Good to see that saintsational being 'down' for a few weeks hasn't stopped rodger fromcommencing the new season in the manner he finished last season.

Good pick up!!!
Is there a blatant bulls*** exclusion rule on SS?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Jimmy1972 wrote:Rodger the Dodger are you for real? Or maybe you are actually GT which explains everything. Cause I'm over this.
don't accuse dodgy of being GT - we've tried that many a time and he always denies it, perhaps he's GT's hidden cloned brother?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:

Is Nick Riewoldt a wanker? - could be. Ive often thought he's not the supporters man aka Hayes...but then.....who else in the club has carried the pressure/expectations of the entire club as nearly as much as Riewoldt? ...certainly not Kosi.....who comes across as a big lovable larrikin.....but then again he has no expectations on him does he....I mean...he plays 4 good games in 7 years and that sustains him for all time........ If Riewoldt doesnt perform for 1 week its front page news.....for that I cut him some slack.
THIS. Sums it up perfectly.

Calling our captain, best player, and let's face it, a bloke who rarely does anything much wrong other than miss a few goals he should kick, a wanker on a saints website???? And the same person claims to have a vague interest in the saints? What next? Was Rob Harvey a wanker as well and we all missed it?

linz
Club Player

I was wondering IF Grant Thomas did visit this site.

Would he have the guts to say he was Grant Thomas and could or would he admit to it? Or does he hide behind Rodgerfox or I like food nicknames?

For the record; my name is Lindsay Crouch a tragic supporter who the club supposedly doesn't care about.

More than slanderous ex coaches I would've thought.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
linz
Club Player

Welllll that went down well didn't it? :roll: :roll:

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Grant Thomas did visit us here on occasions early in his coaching stint.

His son was a more regular poster but dissappeared after GT got the sack.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
Megamaguire
Club Player

Reiwoldt handled it fine.

Reiwoldt was obviously disappointed in Gilbe regarding the latters prankish behaviour but he probably also wanted to distance himself from any innuendo that he might have been directly associated with that woman (i mean girl- i was thinking of Bill Clinton). Reiwoldt strikes me as a pretty straight down the line guy and not prone to make a circus act of himself a la that sheedy sponsored player from essendon that wasted our Nb.16 pick just over a year ago. As Capt. i had no problem listening to Rooey set the matter straight. I can't see anything wrong in him saying what he did. I thought he spoke clearly and painted the picture as he sees it - fair enough. As annoyed as he was with the nieve Gilbert he stressed he would be able to work successfully together towards the bigger goal.

Rooey has brought enormous energy to the current St. Kilda team and i'm not readyto take that for granted. Sure i'd have loved to have seen him kick a decent bag of G O A L S in GF 1 but i suppose he is human after all.

G O R E I W O L D T !
G O S A I N T S !

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.