Federal Court - 1030am Tomorrow

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Where the hell are the parents in all of this?

Apparently they're "upset" with her and are not talking to her :roll:

Gee, your kid's having her name trashed across the globe, she's being summonsed to court, she's being sued..

Oh that's right, Kim's in that age group where she's too young to be considered an adult but too old to be told what to do!

No wonder society's going downhill quicker than a Nicky Winnar handpass!

The Saints are a football club, not a parenting agency!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:The club did the right thing by stopping the photos and have been winning the public relations battle but sueing a 17 girl who obviously has huge issues now loses us the public relations battle. The girl was obviously in the wrong but what is the point of sueing her.

It comes across as a huge footy club ganging up against one young girl. Yes I know a few on here say she deserves what she gets but i would rather the club get on the fronty foot and offer her help. She will probably reject it but it will at least make the club look like they are doing the right thing.
I disagree with this. The club in conjunction with the undoubted backing on the AFL must take a stand, not just for now but for the future.

If the AFL club was meek and was a victim in this, how many other numbskull slappers will invade the privacy of footballers?

This person is not above the law and should be made an example of to show the generation who have grown up with social networking that there can be consequences for their actions.

She has shown scant regard for Nick Riewoldt, a person she doesn't even know. Her actions have been unlawful by stealing others property, and malicious inthe way she spitefully attempted to destroy a footballers reputation and brand.

Nick Riewoldt said he wouldn't be a victim, and with going in so hard shows he means business.

PR is irrelevant, it is now before the courts and this person has to answer to the laws of our land - end of story.
Yes but Sam doesnt have to sue her. Her life is going downhill quickly and support may be the better way to go. PR is important. Obviously you dont care about it but many do.
There is a difference between suing her or threatening to sue her. The foolsih girl sounds very vindictive and it doesn't sound like she wants to stop.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:Where the hell are the parents in all of this?

Apparently they're "upset" with her and are not talking to her :roll:

Gee, your kid's having her name trashed across the globe, she's being summonsed to court, she's being sued..

Oh that's right, Kim's in that age group where she's too young to be considered an adult but too old to be told what to do!

No wonder society's going downhill quicker than a Nicky Winnar handpass!

The Saints are a football club, not a parenting agency!
Yes - but I have two girls around the same age, one 16 and one 18 and neither are as off the rails as this girl.

Unfortunately some kids at this age go completely bonkers, ever see Brat Camp?

Kids at that age should have a "Brain under Construction" sign hung around their necks.

Teenagers are a handful but most are good kids.

Heres a good news story about Social Networking. I have a friend in Sydney of about 30 years who has four daughters, the youngest two the same age as my daughters. My oldest and his daughter of the same age conversed on Facebook, and she arranged to come down for a week. She was a lovely girl and her and my daughter are now the best of friends, and the girl from Sydney has a whole bunch of new mates from Melbourne.

Social networking, on the whole, is a positive and good technlogy, however unfortunately this incident has shown its shortcomings.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:The club did the right thing by stopping the photos and have been winning the public relations battle, but suing a 17 girl who obviously has huge issues now loses us the public relations battle. The girl was obviously in the wrong but what is the point of sueing her.

It comes across as a huge footy club ganging up against one young girl. Yes I know a few on here say she deserves what she gets but i would rather the club get on the fronty foot and offer her help. She will probably reject it but it will at least make the club look like they are doing the right thing.
For once we are as one. Time to move on and focus on footy, not stoop to new lows. Ganging up on a kid, who obviously has issues (including getting over two miscarriages, which may not have been helped if the father of those babies-apparently Sam Gilbert, from OUR club- abandoned her) is sad and pathetic, Saints. Time for us to grow up, too, by the look of it.
Last edited by AnythingsPossibleSaints on Fri 24 Dec 2010 9:22am, edited 1 time in total.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:
plugger66 wrote:The club did the right thing by stopping the photos and have been winning the public relations battle, but suing a 17 girl who obviously has huge issues now loses us the public relations battle. The girl was obviously in the wrong but what is the point of sueing her.

For once we are as one. Time to move on and focus on footy, not stoop to new lows. Ganging up on a kid, who obviously has issues (including getting over two miscarriages, which may not have been helped if the father of those babies-apparently Sam Gilbert, from OUR club- abandoned her) is sad and pathetic, Saints. Time for us to grow up, too, by the look of it.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:The club did the right thing by stopping the photos and have been winning the public relations battle but sueing a 17 girl who obviously has huge issues now loses us the public relations battle. The girl was obviously in the wrong but what is the point of sueing her.

Dont agree p66.

Gilbert Roo Dal Santo and others... As members of society have the right to take action.

Her intention was to hurt the football club... And Roo & Dal Santo were clearly used as the vehicle.

They deserve the right to take action as individuals. Regardless if it ruins the PR battle for the club.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

The problem with the club ceasing any further action is, is there any guarantee the girl will do the same? She is a demonstrated liar with a flagrant disregard for the law. She is without remorse, has no appreciation for the scale of destruction she has caused, and with a typical criminal mentality, only regrets being caught.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Now she is seeking a media deal in exchange for the remaining 19 photos.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/teena ... 196vz.html

If the court agrees to enforce the destruction of the remaining photos then St Kilda will have done the AFL and the community a massive favour.

Anyone who believes that the release of these photos is the act of a whistleblower who should be financially compensated, needs their head read!

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

I took the pictures, I never tried to sell them, I have been kicked out by my parents, I have been at hotels with AFL footballers, I have had death threats.

Is there no end to they lying of this trumped up strumpet?

No apparently she is a "child".

Well even children are subject to the laws of the land.

Sue this imbicile slag.

Make her pay big time and make an example of her.

A bit of jail time might bring this idiot to here senses.

Good on you Saints, go in hard and dont stop until you destroy this money grabbing low life slapper.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
fingers
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:I took the pictures, I never tried to sell them, I have been kicked out by my parents, I have been at hotels with AFL footballers, I have had death threats.

Sue this imbicile slag.

Good on you Saints, go in hard and dont stop until you destroy this money grabbing low life slapper.
This.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:Gilbert Roo Dal Santo and others... As members of society have the right to take action.
the "right" to take action may or may not exist, but regardless that doesn't mean it's a good idea. i'm not sure how taking legal action against this girl can possibly help their case in the court of public opinion. just because they're angry doesn't mean they should take it out on her, no matter how much their lawyers think it's a good idea.

suss
Club Player

fingers wrote:
joffaboy wrote:I took the pictures, I never tried to sell them, I have been kicked out by my parents, I have been at hotels with AFL footballers, I have had death threats.

Sue this imbicile slag.

This.
I agree 100%. I'm always surprised at how far battered eyelids and a few crocodile tears will take a person.

She has stolen private photos from a personal laptop and posted them on the internet with the purpose of destroying lives and ruining reputations. It's a disgusting and disgraceful lowlife act that deserves punishment - irrespective of age.

She's created havoc, misery and distress for a number of families just before Christmas and now people have the audacity to suggest that she's the innocent victim in all of this because she's 17. Well bugger that. If you murder someone at 17 you still get charged with murder. An 18th birthday shouldn’t stand as some sort of absolute demarcation point between no responsibility and full responsibility. She clearly wants all the benefits of adulthood without the associated accountability.

Sue the little witch I say. Punish her to the fullest extent of the law and send a message to all of those other little spoilt brats looking to get away with this type of behaviour.

Richter
SS Life Member

Spinner wrote:

Dont agree p66.

Gilbert Roo Dal Santo and others... As members of society have the right to take action.

Her intention was to hurt the football club... And Roo & Dal Santo were clearly used as the vehicle.

They deserve the right to take action as individuals. Regardless if it ruins the PR battle for the club.
I'm with you Spinner.

The likely consequences of not starting the legal route....

- more pics to be released either by her or others

- no deterrent to other people not to do the same thing

She's had counselling offered (and given) via the AFL.

In all behavioural modifications you need stick AND carrot approaches.

She's a kid, kids need to learn that their actions have consequences. It's called growing up.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
Spinner wrote:Gilbert Roo Dal Santo and others... As members of society have the right to take action.
the "right" to take action may or may not exist, but regardless that doesn't mean it's a good idea. i'm not sure how taking legal action against this girl can possibly help their case in the court of public opinion. just because they're angry doesn't mean they should take it out on her, no matter how much their lawyers think it's a good idea.
They should just wait until some sensationalist sections of the media 'purchase' the rights from this malicious 17 year old adn publish 'her account' which if we are to go by her track record may not actually resemble fact?

The minute this 'girl' turns 18 the mainstream media (ie other than social networking media) is free to publish her name and details.

I can see it now.

'Ralph Magazine takes you inside the St Kilda Schoolgirl Sex Scandal'
'Zoo Weekly - Photos of the AFL Sex Schoolgirl'
etc
etc

She is going to earn money from all of this, which may have been a motivation all along if the stories of trying to sell the photographs are true.
Why shouldn't she be held responsible for her actions?
Why 'reward' her for her behaviour?
That would be a great 'lesson' to young people - she could become a 'role model' for a whole generation of teenagers looking to earn themselves a 'quick buck'.

Let's get it straght. The instant these photos were uploaded it was always going to become a PR disaster for our Club and the players involved.

BUT that doesn't mean we shouldn't be supporting the players adn the Club with everything we have at their means.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

I really don't understand p66. The girl needs to be held accountable for her actions and if that means some form of detention then so be it. For her actions there needs to be consequences so if her parents aren't able to control her then let the state do it

Another opportunity awaits!
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:... For her actions there needs to be consequences so if her parents aren't able to control her then let the state do it
This completely.

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Sue this imbicile slag.

PakenhamSaint
Club Player

Sue this imbicile slag.

Oh she has arrived at the courtroom.

Legendary
Club Player

She acts like an adult and wants to be treated like one ... well in the adult world, your actions have consequences.

At her age, thousands of men died for this country in two world wars, and even more came home and dealt with the consequences for the rest of their lives.

Get over this "she's a child" crap. She should face the full force of the law.

PakenhamSaint
Club Player

Listening to the news she only got legal advice 2 hours ago. 3 lawyer team.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:The minute this 'girl' turns 18 the mainstream media (ie other than social networking media) is free to publish her name and details.

I can see it now.

'Ralph Magazine takes you inside the St Kilda Schoolgirl Sex Scandal'
'Zoo Weekly - Photos of the AFL Sex Schoolgirl'
etc
etc
Doesn't have to be 18

Ice Wolf
Club Player

Legendary wrote:She acts like an adult and wants to be treated like one ... well in the adult world, your actions have consequences.

At her age, thousands of men died for this country in two world wars, and even more came home and dealt with the consequences for the rest of their lives.

Get over this "she's a child" crap. She should face the full force of the law.
Everyone knows that boys mature faster than girls ... wait, i might have that the wrong way around :wink:

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:

I wonder if the choice of posting the photos she did was because Sam looked up to them and once she had some form of retribution she attacked them rather than sam- creating division- part of the plan-

to post a lesser known name from some other club- younger inexperienced player would not have had the impact-

I too feel she needs guidance- but if no one else has been bale to then maybe court can...

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintharvs
Club Player

From what I have just read the lawyers for Riewoldt, Dal Santo and Gilbert were unsuccessful in their attempt to have the photos destroyed. However she has been forbidden to post any photos from Gilbert's computer. Mediation in Jan 2011.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saintharvs wrote:From what I have just read the lawyers for Riewoldt, Dal Santo and Gilbert were unsuccessful in their attempt to have the photos destroyed. However she has been forbidden to post any photos from Gilbert's computer. Mediation in Jan 2011.
this has just been posted
The teenager at the centre of the St Kilda nude photo scandal has been ordered to destroy images of naked footballers taken from Sam Gilbert’s computer.

A copy of the pictures showing St Kilda captain Nick Reiewoldt and players Nick Del Santo and Zac Dawson in various states of undress will be retained by the federal court as the case between the club and the girl continues.

Justice Shane Marshall today ordered the case to go to mediation. She said she had formed the view that the photos had been taken by Sam Gilbert.
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/photo ... 1974k.html

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107