Recruiting Manager delisted

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

derby Street
Club Player

Re: Recruiting Manager delisted

On the Ball wrote:Heard a rumour that StKFC will have a new recruiting manager next year. Has anyone else heard anything? If so, that will be 5 assistant coaches, 1 list manager and 1 recruiting manager all gone from season 2010.
Let's wait and see some facts before we go off half cocked on some rumour. There has not been one post who has given this allegation any basis - move onto to something else.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

derby Street wrote:
On the Ball wrote:Heard a rumour that StKFC will have a new recruiting manager next year. Has anyone else heard anything? If so, that will be 5 assistant coaches, 1 list manager and 1 recruiting manager all gone from season 2010.
Let's wait and see some facts before we go off half cocked on some rumour. There has not been one post who has given this allegation any basis - move onto to something else.
Totally agree.

There's a comment on the Cripps thread "Could this have contributed to the recruiting manager's demise?"

I've read nothing official about this apparent development :?

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
derby Street wrote:
Totally agree.

There's a comment on the Cripps thread "Could this have contributed to the recruiting manager's demise?"

That was my comment, and it was made without knowledge assuming this thread is in good faith, so apologise if incorrect

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
derby Street wrote:
Totally agree.

That was my comment, and it was made without knowledge assuming this thread is in good faith, so apologise if incorrect
Fair enough maverick.

I don't know if it's correct or incorrect and that is the problem.

On the Ball
Club Player

Does everyone believe me now! Elshaug is an appointment by the coach, who basically chose all the draft picks anyway.

derby Street
Club Player

On the Ball wrote:Does everyone believe me now! Elshaug is an appointment by the coach, who basically chose all the draft picks anyway.
Yep - I believe you now that there is hard & fast evidence. Good early call (then sadly you go back to square one with your last statement - give me some facts that Peake had nothing to do with any of our draft picks and Ross chose them all )

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

On the Ball wrote:Does everyone believe me now! Elshaug is an appointment by the coach, who basically chose all the draft picks anyway.
Does anyone remember the draft footage. Heated discussion by the two in the front rgearding the Siposs pick.

Seemed Peake (i think) got his way after becoming animated.

The other (maybe elshaug) gave everyone a stare while the name was being read out.

Interesting.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Cripps collapsed after he was drafted and was then diagnosed with diabetes. Had a family history suggesting possibility, but who baulks based on genes.

Whoever mentioned Peake's Bellarine home base has touched on part of the reason - you may find him back at the Puddies in a lesser role than he had with us. Lifestyle driven changes are not that uncommon.

A couple of his selections have not panned out well in the eyes of those that matter. One of those selections was a 1st round pick who had a high TAC profile and a family friendship link and endorsement. The fella that matters most in the player assessments as they make their way has been far from impressed. The player in question has, shall we say, been sat down for a forthright discussion about his work ethic and his propensity to overrate his own place in the world.

Matching him with Dustin Fletcher was not unintentional, nor speculative.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote: One of those selections was a 1st round pick who had a high TAC profile and a family friendship link and endorsement. The fella that matters most in the player assessments as they make their way has been far from impressed. The player in question has, shall we say, been sat down for a forthright discussion about his work ethic and his propensity to overrate his own place in the world.

i remember a similar story years ago about a certain player who had a similar talking down to about his inflated veiw of himself .... he ended up being a pretty decent player ....

i also remember another first pick having a "family connection" to the club ..... funny enough hes no longer there ......

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
falka
Club Player

The OtherThommo wrote:Cripps collapsed after he was drafted and was then diagnosed with diabetes. Had a family history suggesting possibility, but who baulks based on genes.

Whoever mentioned Peake's Bellarine home base has touched on part of the reason - you may find him back at the Puddies in a lesser role than he had with us. Lifestyle driven changes are not that uncommon.

A couple of his selections have not panned out well in the eyes of those that matter. One of those selections was a 1st round pick who had a high TAC profile and a family friendship link and endorsement. The fella that matters most in the player assessments as they make their way has been far from impressed. The player in question has, shall we say, been sat down for a forthright discussion about his work ethic and his propensity to overrate his own place in the world.

It wasnt so much the fact he got towelled by Fletcher, but the shot at goal on the half time siren that had me questioning his ability.

Cant understand why a recruitr would put family connection in front of his own credibility, seems incredulous, but do think he has made some poor choices. Schoenmakers or Trengove (port) drafted after Lynch have shown more at underage level and in AFL.

As for Cripps, my understanding is he has had diabetes for a long time. There is no way he has just recently been diagnosed and then next day burning up time trials. It would take months of education, he seems to have had all this

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

falka wrote:
The OtherThommo wrote:Cripps collapsed after he was drafted and was then diagnosed with diabetes. Had a family history suggesting possibility, but who baulks based on genes.

It wasnt so much the fact he got towelled by Fletcher, but the shot at goal on the half time siren that had me questioning his ability.

Cant understand why a recruitr would put family connection in front of his own credibility, seems incredulous, but do think he has made some poor choices. Schoenmakers or Trengove (port) drafted after Lynch have shown more at underage level and in AFL.

As for Cripps, my understanding is he has had diabetes for a long time. There is no way he has just recently been diagnosed and then next day burning up time trials. It would take months of education, he seems to have had all this

Your understanding on Cripps is 100% wrong. Found out about 8 days before the draft. Wouldnt have a clue if any club knew about it.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:

That was exactly my thoughts at the time.

Playing him on Fletcher should have driven home to him how far of the pace he was...and ow much harder he needed to work and play if he wanted to make it in the AFL.

Hopefully it was a good wake up call....as sometime you need to be shown rather than told.

Let's hope the young man works hard over Summer and comes ready to play in 2011.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Sat 11 Dec 2010 1:14pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

i cant believe theres such a fuss over the fact he has diabetes.... there are pleanty of eliete sports people who have the condition most people wouldnt even know it ... it is a condition that is totally manageable and for a professional sports star who already has the disipline to make it to the top level it wont be an issue ....

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
derby Street
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:i cant believe theres such a fuss over the fact he has diabetes.... there are pleanty of eliete sports people who have the condition most people wouldnt even know it ... it is a condition that is totally manageable and for a professional sports star who already has the disipline to make it to the top level it wont be an issue ....
Well done, Trav a voice of reason - you are 100% correct. Let the kid just get on with his football.

falka
Club Player

derby Street wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:i cant believe theres such a fuss over the fact he has diabetes.... there are pleanty of eliete sports people who have the condition most people wouldnt even know it ... it is a condition that is totally manageable and for a professional sports star who already has the disipline to make it to the top level it wont be an issue ....
Well done, Trav a voice of reason - you are 100% correct. Let the kid just get on with his football.
I agree, not a big fuss.

I just cant believe he has only been diagnosed in the last few weeks and seems to have things under control so quickly (training flat out etc) It took Sam Reid from the WB a few months to get his head around everything. All credit to the lad, love the look of him.

Go Saints