Draft Camp Star on Saints list

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Draft Camp Star on Saints list

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:With all this talk of draftees and scores and bargains and run and spread.
Can I just remind all the Saints fans that there is a draft camp star in our midst.

A super athlete who finished in the top 10 in 3 categories at the 2007 draft camp. 10th in agility, 2nd in the 30m sprint and 6th in the vertical leap.

And no its not jack steven (who couldnt manage a single top 10 performance and yet is considered a "gun" by many a saints fan).

Not only, can this guy run and jump with the best of them - he also happens to be 199cm tall. And no its not Rhys Stanley.

Im talking about Steven Gaertner. He seem to be the forgotten man. He might also be the man to finish kosi's career.
In defence of Jack it proves that footballers are better than athletes when playing footy. Jack will make it. Fast skilled and hard working.
ok cool plugger. lets stick with pure footy players. lets not bother with development. lets just get a team of mark mcgoughs and andrew mcqualters. awesome. cant wait for "pure saints footy". see u down the country league.
Interesting that you forgot to mention Lenny in that list.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Worse kick on the list.....and worse playing at Sandy. Is a good athlete, a bit of a cat, and a long way off even getting considered.... as long term as Walsh....a project only

as was McGrath, Van Reehnan..

He has taken one contested mark in a pre-season game, got 4 possesions..

Kosi has played 160 odd games, taken around 250 contested marks in the regular season, kicked 200 goals and crashed 300 packs

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

anyway it was funny that i posted this the day before he walked and the other stuff came out. bizarre coincidence.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Any update on Gaertner potentially walking out?

Hope he stays. He could be terrific for us.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Any update on Gaertner potentially walking out?

Gone, gonski, not playing, delisted, finshed, ended, stopped, and any other word for out of here.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Gone, gonski, not playing, delisted, finshed, ended, stopped, and any other word for out of here.
So what are you saying p66? :wink:
Last edited by Dr Spaceman on Thu 02 Dec 2010 8:26pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

has confirmed via facebook that he has quit.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Will be back at training on Monday.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Will be back at training on Monday.
gotcha.

Go Stevie :D

saint58
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
In defence of Jack it proves that footballers are better than athletes when playing footy. Jack will make it. Fast skilled and hard working.
im not talking about jack. just wondering where the idea that jack is fast comes from? ive not seen a shred of evidence.
I see it on the ground. I dont look at his running style. Tackles from behind and doesnt get caught with the ball suggests fast. Do you think Dane Swan is fast?

yeah. dane is a little bit quick yep. runs out of tight spots regularly.
i aint seen it on the ground. might have been the OP though - so lets wait and see. and its not just style.

i still reckon gaertner is a genuine prospect. better prospect than the kos-man.

I allso think Gaertner is going to be a good player he has speed and agility for a big man.

He played really well in a couple of nab cup games last season very quick to the ball and good desposal.

Thought there was a slight issue with his kicking when he arrived at the club but has been working on it.

Players of his height and agility dont come along very often he needs to be moved along faster in the club.He did play some good games for sandy last year named best 1-3 a few times.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint58 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
im not talking about jack. just wondering where the idea that jack is fast comes from? ive not seen a shred of evidence.
I see it on the ground. I dont look at his running style. Tackles from behind and doesnt get caught with the ball suggests fast. Do you think Dane Swan is fast?

yeah. dane is a little bit quick yep. runs out of tight spots regularly.
i aint seen it on the ground. might have been the OP though - so lets wait and see. and its not just style.

i still reckon gaertner is a genuine prospect. better prospect than the kos-man.

I allso think Gaertner is going to be a good player he has speed and agility for a big man.

He played really well in a couple of nab cup games last season very quick to the ball and good desposal.

Thought there was a slight issue with his kicking when he arrived at the club but has been working on it.

Players of his height and agility dont come along very often he needs to be moved along faster in the club.He did play some good games for sandy last year named best 1-3 a few times.
He has left the club.