Niether of our two top picks

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
stinger wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
BigMart wrote:also people have to get over the fact that I

Slammed the recruiting of Brad Howard, Andrew Lovett, Justin Sweeney, Adam Pattison straight after their recruiting....

To stick ones neck out and give an opinion is probably wrong....I should have at least waited until they did FAIL...and then bag them with Hindsight....which a lot of softc*cks on here do....

Cousins, Ball, X, Maguire....my other gripes....well in hindsight, I think I had some justification....

But again, no more opinions from me, unless they are 100% behind our great club.....it what all great .... loyal supporters SHOULD be.

Go for it Marto, enjoy your posts!

Fact is most supporters are lemmings and sheep, follow blindly and just accept what's dished up like servile underlings and anyone who dares criticize or QUESTION any decision made by those in positions of power is some blasphemous heretic who should be nailed up on a cross!

After all this is a FORUM for opinions isn't it, not communist China!

is that really you b4e.and..not some stranger who somehow got hold of your password?? :wink:
Why would you not think that consistent of me?

When 90% of the site was blowing smoke up Thomas's arse I was one of the first on here in 2005, being critical and questioning many, many things about his coaching, decision making, recruiting, tactical ability or lack thereof, player mismanagement, rookie list ignorance, his non relationship with the VFL aligned club, fitness and conditioning appointments and the general shambolic football department mess that he insisted on having sole control of and FAIR DINKUM did I cop it from all the sheep and lemmings, the drinkers of the poisoned cordial who thought he was the second coming, the saviour of mankind, when in truth he was just a megalomaniacal snakeoil salesman, a conman feeding his overblown ego, while pocketing $500,000 a year, pissing our chances up against a wall, taking a list from heaven half way to hell in an amateur hour that lasted over five years and managing to turn a belief cloud into something more resembling a mushroom!

How much shyte did I cop for trying to give all you sheep a ******* clue?
So your view is correct and anyone who may have a different view is a sheep.

Is that how it works?

That's really a five :roll: effort from you; so here they are

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Have I woken up in an alternate universe?

One of the bigger abusers of posters with differing opinions to himself is having a tanty about posters questioning his opinion?

Surely not. :roll:

Surely this poster would accept that his right to question others' views in the manner that he does allows them to reciprocate in a similar manner to his views?

Or does that 'right' only apply to the self titled 'experts' on here?

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I dont think you get it Big Mart. i to think our recruiting has been at best ordinary for the last 7 years but you start a post saying there isnt pictures of these guys so in other words they cant be great. We then find certain people rated them higher than we got them and I am sure others rated them lower. The [point is you wouldnt have a clue as probably 99% of people on here wouldnt. Give these guys a go.

You also state you said players that ended up being no good you got right. How about giving us the guys you got wrong or are we supposed to think you have 100% record.

If players abilities are decided by pictures then we are in real trouble.

Lets even give you a chance to pick your 4 players this year and will bookmark it. The only criteria is that the players must be the same or after our picks.
+1

stinger
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
stinger wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

Slammed the recruiting of Brad Howard, Andrew Lovett, Justin Sweeney, Adam Pattison straight after their recruiting....

To stick ones neck out and give an opinion is probably wrong....I should have at least waited until they did FAIL...and then bag them with Hindsight....which a lot of softc*cks on here do....

Cousins, Ball, X, Maguire....my other gripes....well in hindsight, I think I had some justification....

But again, no more opinions from me, unless they are 100% behind our great club.....it what all great .... loyal supporters SHOULD be.

Fact is most supporters are lemmings and sheep, follow blindly and just accept what's dished up like servile underlings and anyone who dares criticize or QUESTION any decision made by those in positions of power is some blasphemous heretic who should be nailed up on a cross!

is that really you b4e.and..not some stranger who somehow got hold of your password?? :wink:

When 90% of the site was blowing smoke up Thomas's arse I was one of the first on here in 2005, being critical and questioning many, many things about his coaching, decision making, recruiting, tactical ability or lack thereof, player mismanagement, rookie list ignorance, his non relationship with the VFL aligned club, fitness and conditioning appointments and the general shambolic football department mess that he insisted on having sole control of and FAIR DINKUM did I cop it from all the sheep and lemmings, the drinkers of the poisoned cordial who thought he was the second coming, the saviour of mankind, when in truth he was just a megalomaniacal snakeoil salesman, a conman feeding his overblown ego, while pocketing $500,000 a year, pissing our chances up against a wall, taking a list from heaven half way to hell in an amateur hour that lasted over five years and managing to turn a belief cloud into something more resembling a mushroom!

no..you misunderstand me b4e...i thought you were firmly in the thomas was an arsehole and ross can do no wrong brigade....like..in ross we trust.....and never question....not....where the f*** is this ship heading brigade.....

...maybe grant wasn't so bad after all b4e :wink: :wink: 8-) 8-)

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
stinger wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

no..you misunderstand me b4e...i thought you were firmly in the thomas was an arsehole and ross can do no wrong brigade....like..in ross we trust.....and never question....not....where the f*** is this ship heading brigade.....

...maybe grant wasn't so bad after all b4e :wink: :wink: 8-) 8-)
Are really that much of a nuffy?

I've got no idea WTF you're on about, we are very, VERY lucky to have Ross Lyon as our coach, who I rate as about the best going around, quite possibly the best coach in the AFL!

If it wasn't for Ross Lyon we would not have even made the past two Grand Finals and the fact is we has some awful luck which has cost us in both years!

Grant Thomas's legacy is that he cost the club a real chance to win a premiership and IMO cost us at least two premierships while he was coaching and destroying the football department and ensured that Ross Lyon started behind the eight ball in getting things back onto an even keel!

Seriously you've got no clue whatsoever, if even now you're still stuck in your Thomas in wonderland fairy stories!

Ross Lyon is an amazing coach, yet you still pine for the snakeoil routine, FAIR DINKUM, there are some clueless numbnuts on here!

So what exactly is your issue with Ross Lyon?

Even the recruiting of Lovett was an attempt to address the serial mismanagement of our list and the recruitment of so many sloooooooow paced plodders, another achilles heel inflicted by Thomas!

AND Ball, who was the numbnut that put him on $600,000 a year, more money than Lenny Hayes, seriously, the problem started there and it was always going to be difficult to redress that by bringing Ball's salary into line with what he was truly worth within the salary cap after that lopsided buffoonery!

And you still even now, keep imbibing the gospel of Thomas,........oh dear, FAIR DINKUM, then again lateral thinking was never your strong suit!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

heard it all before ...ad nauseum b4e...doesn't get any better in the retelling....big yawn really...and here's me thinking that you might have been...in your words...getting a clue...finally...but i was wrong..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

what i was on about was quiet simple really......ross is not a messiah...he can get things horribly wrong at time......hope he does better this year is all..... :wink: :wink: 8-)

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:heard it all before ...ad nauseum b4e...doesn't get any better in the retelling....big yawn really...and here's me thinking that you might have been...in your words...getting a clue...finally...but i was wrong..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

what i was on about was quiet simple really......ross is not a messiah...he can get things horribly wrong at time......hope he does better this year is all..... :wink: :wink: 8-)
OK, can you provide some examples of how horribly wrong he gets things?

You still pine for Grant Thomas and you reckon I need to get a clue, LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

stinger wrote:what i was on about was quiet simple really......ross is not a messiah...he can get things horribly wrong at time......hope he does better this year is all..... :wink: :wink: 8-)
Not to get in the way of an intimate moment, but WTF?!

Nobody is saying Ross Lyon is perfect... and as for Messiahs, yeah we had one of them, he got the arse in '06!

What is with the big love affair with pre-Ross Lyon Saints?!

Have we ever had a better win-loss record than in the last four years... somebody please tell me...

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote:
stinger wrote:what i was on about was quiet simple really......ross is not a messiah...he can get things horribly wrong at time......hope he does better this year is all..... :wink: :wink: 8-)
Not to get in the way of an intimate moment, but WTF?!

Nobody is saying Ross Lyon is perfect... and as for Messiahs, yeah we had one of them, he got the arse in '06!

What is with the big love affair with pre-Ross Lyon Saints?!

Have we ever had a better win-loss record than in the last four years... somebody please tell me...
I think between 1897 and 1900 was quite good.

ace
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti23 wrote:Tom Ledger has a photo!!!!!!

He is a GUN
Oh, please not a GUN.
Something that fires blank bullets.

Can't we just have guys who can play football instead.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
eppo67 wrote:Stibbard who is at GWS & considered one of the best recruiters in the business thinks Cripps is a gun and was going in top 15.
that's his opinion, yes. but stibbard took lachie hansen at 3 in 2006 ahead of joel selwood, james frawley and jack riewoldt, what would he know? robbie tarrant ahead of harry taylor in 07.

or maybe more realistic is to say that no-one has any real idea how good any of these kids are going to end up. cripps might be a superstar, might be a gop, might be a dud. stibbard's probably watched him a couple of times, so he's got a more informed opinion than you or me, but let's not put too much weight on it - he could be well and truly wrong.
Off topic, but I actually think he is going to be a player myself...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
bergholt wrote:
eppo67 wrote:Stibbard who is at GWS & considered one of the best recruiters in the business thinks Cripps is a gun and was going in top 15.
that's his opinion, yes. but stibbard took lachie hansen at 3 in 2006 ahead of joel selwood, james frawley and jack riewoldt, what would he know? robbie tarrant ahead of harry taylor in 07.

or maybe more realistic is to say that no-one has any real idea how good any of these kids are going to end up. cripps might be a superstar, might be a gop, might be a dud. stibbard's probably watched him a couple of times, so he's got a more informed opinion than you or me, but let's not put too much weight on it - he could be well and truly wrong.
Off topic, but I actually think he is going to be a player myself...
Hope you are right but what is that based on? Have you seen him play a few games?

vacuous space
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:Hope you are right but what is that based on? Have you seen him play a few games?
I think he's talking about Hansen, plug.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

I liked Grant. He didn't take s*** from nuffies! :D

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Hope you are right but what is that based on? Have you seen him play a few games?
Fair enough. Sorry Sainter K.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:Here's a pick of him.
Does that make him a better player now?
KICK IT!

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
BallBanger
Club Player

Joffa, you criticised all that critisized the recruitment of howard so early in a good draft..you did not understand why they should have taken him later..
Now with a few years to think have your brain cells been able to absorb the logic of not getting an advantage by taking a smokie early

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
vacuous space wrote:
Fair enough. Sorry Sainter K.
Yes she was :)

No probs plugger.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I dont mind you having an opinion.

Every now and then though it'd be nice if you could manage to stick your head out and say the club got somethign right from 2002 to now.

We all know we havent ahd success in the ultimate measure - but we have been damn good for some time.....thats more than just recruitng Riewoldt/Goddard and surely at times worth mentioning......in and amongst all the supposedly horrible recruiting we are doing... :roll:

“Yeah….nah””
stinger
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
stinger wrote:heard it all before ...ad nauseum b4e...doesn't get any better in the retelling....big yawn really...and here's me thinking that you might have been...in your words...getting a clue...finally...but i was wrong..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

OK, can you provide some examples of how horribly wrong he gets things?

You still pine for Grant Thomas and you reckon I need to get a clue, LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:!
get it wrong...???? flower me.....you really aren't that much of a ninny are you b4e.....where do you want me to start.???....no...tell you what...go and talk to an unbiased afl suppporter......anyone of several million should do,...ask them the same question.....then come and tell me their answers...we can compare notes/opinions ....

..ffs.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

and by ninny...i mean that in the nicest way......not the gordon ramsay meaning...

" Gordon Ramsay is famous for missing the birth of his four children, saying that he thought his sex life would be damaged. "I don't want to see something coming out of a sort of sci-fi movie," he told the Sun. "I don't want to see a skinned rabbit or skinned pigeon coming out of [my wife's] ninny and then get excited and hold it. Give it to me when it's all nice and sort of clean and ready to go."

:wink: :wink:
Last edited by stinger on Mon 22 Nov 2010 10:59pm, edited 2 times in total.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

BallBanger wrote:Joffa, you criticised all that critisized the recruitment of howard so early in a good draft..you did not understand why they should have taken him later..
Now with a few years to think have your brain cells been able to absorb the logic of not getting an advantage by taking a smokie early
Considering 2 dozen players from that draft are no longer around, and none of the 4 players that have since made AA were still available at pick 27, I don't know what the big deal is.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Seems pretty simple to me.

If you don't like our picks:

Then just nominate here and now what your picks would have been based on who was available at that pick.

Lock it in now for posterity.

Otherwise history will tell you that more players than not will not make it.....so just bagging all will see you get more right that wrong. But no science or knowledge is needed to do it.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Seems pretty simple to me.

If you don't like our picks:

Then just nominate here and now what your picks would have been based on who was available at that pick.

Lock it in now for posterity.

Otherwise history will tell you that more players than not will not make it.....so just bagging all will see you get more right that wrong. But no science or knowledge is needed to do it.
don't count me in that...i'm happy to go on record as being happy with our picks...no-one we overlooked stands out to me......

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote:
BallBanger wrote:Joffa, you criticised all that critisized the recruitment of howard so early in a good draft..you did not understand why they should have taken him later..
Considering 2 dozen players from that draft are no longer around, and none of the 4 players that have since made AA were still available at pick 27, I don't know what the big deal is.

No...IMO St Mart go Howard right.

I stuck up for the club at the time...but hindsight shows that he was always a smokie with absolutely no real reason to have taken him that high.

If you look at players taken after him... a huge number have played 30+ games.

I thought at the time that because an ex-Saint player was his coach that we had some inside running. Someone got it badly wrong above and beyond the normal run that players will not be exatly later on relative to their pick.

However THIS DRAFT...based on the evidence we have to date all of our young picks look to be pretty fair market value.

Based upon our needs...value looks to be better than good. But many clubs can say similar as a clubs needs will always bias selection a bit there way.

The number of talls that went early meant that Cripps slipped a bit, No 15? Who knowo..but he looks to be a pretty reasonable pick up for us.

Certainly for me that with ALL PICKS this year, that relative to where they were taken that I am not shaking my head about any of them.

Polo risk? Sure..but at pick 100 odd is worth the punt.

Now not all will make it, but as already mentioned by me that is normal.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

saintsRrising wrote:Polo risk? Sure..but at pick 100 odd is worth the punt.
Hey, at least he's a Rising Star nominee. That sort of thing has currency with some folks around here. :wink: