almost ready to watch a game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

almost ready to watch a game

which one from 2010 would you start with,

a 'SAFE' win- where we were expected to win, and the opposition gave us plenty of opportunity

or a " memorable' in ie against ladder leaders and done the hard way.

or a in 'against the odds' when everthing was looking like it would go the other way.

or would you choose a game because you wanted to watch one particular player or play..

When 'IF ever' would/ will you watch a loss to see if there are things that a) changed for next game or b) to work out where the team really fell down _ in hindsight and not reaction..c) just to see one act. event, player, decision.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
SaintSimmo
Club Player

I reckon start with either the freo game from early in the year or the geelong game mid year.

Sainter for life.
Furphy
Club Player

Just glad we aren't starting with Sydney...Again

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

I would watch Lenny Hayes single handedly win us the WCE game at Subi.

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

%booster

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Round 2 v North will make your jaw hurt from smiling so much

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: almost ready to watch a game

saintbrat wrote:which one from 2010 would you start with,

a 'SAFE' win- where we were expected to win, and the opposition gave us plenty of opportunity

or a " memorable' in ie against ladder leaders and done the hard way.

or a in 'against the odds' when everthing was looking like it would go the other way.

or would you choose a game because you wanted to watch one particular player or play..

When 'IF ever' would/ will you watch a loss to see if there are things that a) changed for next game or b) to work out where the team really fell down _ in hindsight and not reaction..c) just to see one act. event, player, decision.

nope...still mourning... :cry:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
markp
Saintsational Legend

Still gutted.

The sight of any of them celebrating anything other than a flag this year may just make me sick-up.

2011- redemption or bust.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:Round 2 v North will make your jaw hurt from smiling so much
Thats my only hope, a training run. But the jumpers are a little close to the filth for my liking

I love this club
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

The only game I haven't watched a replay of from last year is the Grand Final replay.

I think I need to do it as part of the grieving process.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti23 wrote:The only game I haven't watched a replay of from last year is the Grand Final replay.

I think I need to do it as part of the grieving process.
If you want to understand Ross and his need to 'reconstruct' then that match will certainly do it for you.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

For the first time in my life I am ambivalent concerning the start of our next season. So many years of hope were dashed this year, I feel happy for the new supporters who are are experiencing some sort of successful period where they can look forward to a healthy amount of H&A wins but for me , a person who has had the glass half full for so long , has been bowed.
So much emotional investment over such a long period takes it toll , so close when we we should have succeeded on a few occasions now is just too much to cop.
I feel almost almost cheated. :(
I will remain a member ...... under sufferance atm.
PS during the years of absolute mediocrity I felt so much better about the club, at least then I knew we we outclassed (for many reasons..$ etc) and accepted it...hard to accept that we should have won cups.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:For the first time in my life I am ambivalent concerning the start of our next season. So many years of hope were dashed this year, I feel happy for the new supporters who are are experiencing some sort of successful period where they can look forward to a healthy amount of H&A wins but for me , a person who has had the glass half full for so long , has been bowed.
So much emotional investment over such a long period takes it toll , so close when we we should have succeeded on a few occasions now is just too much to cop.
PS during the years of absolute mediocrity I felt so much better about the club, at least then I knew we we outclassed (for many reasons..$ etc) and accepted it...hard to accept that we should have won cups.
feel so much the same

no real zest for next year

funny during 80's did not feel as low as at the moment even though getting belted......
enjoyed the odd win....

same ...emotionally gawn.......hurt to the point of going through the motions at moment

must be hard for players and Ross......

but supporters have been belted emotionally for so much longer....

us older ones anyway....

just have to win one for the pain of the lost ones to be at all forgotton.

getting back up on the horse again at the moment is just so hard.....

but the team must!!

saint4life
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:For the first time in my life I am ambivalent concerning the start of our next season. So many years of hope were dashed this year, I feel happy for the new supporters who are are experiencing some sort of successful period where they can look forward to a healthy amount of H&A wins but for me , a person who has had the glass half full for so long , has been bowed.
It's hard to feel really excited about our prospects, because just as in 2010, nothing but a flag will do.

5 preliminary finals in seven years, and even in 2006 I thought we were a premiership chance right till the end.

So realistically that is a lot of HnA wins for nothing to crow about. It's devastating.

With Lenny 31 and not much young talent coming through, it's hard to think we haven't blown it. But we will probably still be around the fringe of the top 4 next year, and where there's life there's hope.

There needs to be some genuine change next year though, we won't win it with a very similar side, the improvement will have to come from the young blokes like it came from Mini, Zac, CJ and Farren in 2009.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
stinger
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:
It's hard to feel really excited about our prospects, because just as in 2010, nothing but a flag will do.

5 preliminary finals in seven years, and even in 2006 I thought we were a premiership chance right till the end.

So realistically that is a lot of HnA wins for nothing to crow about. It's devastating.

With Lenny 31 and not much young talent coming through, it's hard to think we haven't blown it. But we will probably still be around the fringe of the top 4 next year, and where there's life there's hope.

There needs to be some genuine change next year though, we won't win it with a very similar side, the improvement will have to come from the young blokes like it came from Mini, Zac, CJ and Farren in 2009.

good post..&..an honest appraisal .....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.