Frankston or Seaford? !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
plugger66 wrote:To those who dont support the move can they tell me why.

The only reason I can see why some are upset is that these posters play for our club and live in Port Melbourne. However I doubt that is the case.
Lets see....post game Pie players will stroll over the road and get use of ALL of their facilities for post game recovery.

Saints....are going to have to make do in this regard as our main training base is no where near Docklands/MCG.

Now while YES it will be great to get leading edge facilities, and they will be when finished and this will therefore be an improvement on this year....but having out training base so remote from where games are actually played is always going to a disdavantage compared to clubs who have them on the doorstep of where their games are mainly played (MCG and Docklands).

So we are better off than we were, but the Pies will hvaea "1%er " on us.
Well I cant speak for the pies but the Saints havent done rehab after games for about 7 years so I doubt it makes any difference and when they did do it they used a beach which they can still do now where ever we train.
finally i agree with you on something :roll:

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

Re: Frankston or Seaford? !!

saintsRrising wrote:Frankston council are picking up part of the cost....sot hey would want recognition.
the sooner you're in thailand the better

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
plugger66 wrote:To those who dont support the move can they tell me why.

The only reason I can see why some are upset is that these posters play for our club and live in Port Melbourne. However I doubt that is the case.
Lets see....post game Pie players will stroll over the road and get use of ALL of their facilities for post game recovery.

Saints....are going to have to make do in this regard as our main training base is no where near Docklands/MCG.

Now while YES it will be great to get leading edge facilities, and they will be when finished and this will therefore be an improvement on this year....but having out training base so remote from where games are actually played is always going to a disdavantage compared to clubs who have them on the doorstep of where their games are mainly played (MCG and Docklands).

So we are better off than we were, but the Pies will hvaea "1%er " on us.
So if we could have redeveloped Moorabbin our players would have gone back there after a Docklands game, before returning to their Port Melbourne villas?

Me thinks not :roll:

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:Either way it's a monumental F*** UP and the entire board should be sacked!
You are an even more monumental one... for farks sake give it up... we are going there and nothing is going to change it.

Maybe you should take you questionable support somewhere else (Collingwood perhaps? You'll be in good comapny there with the rest of the half witted morons in Melbourne!)

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:
barks4eva wrote:Either way it's a monumental F*** UP and the entire board should be sacked!
You are an even more monumental one... for farks sake give it up... we are going there and nothing is going to change it.

Maybe you should take you questionable support somewhere else (Collingwood perhaps? You'll be in good comapny there with the rest of the half witted morons in Melbourne!)
Questionable support?

Do you buy two memberships with social club and reserve seat status?

One thousand dollars a year!

Maybe you should get the flock back to where you came from!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

It's fair enough if people don't think the Seaford move was the right one, but it is pointless to continue to complain about it.

One only has to see the venue to know we are moving there, and that we will be there for a very long time. You either accept it or let it slowly eat away at you. And if you choose the latter, whether you realise it or not, your enjoyment of our club is diminished.

It's just like the drafting of recycled players. You may not want player x at the Saints, but once his name is called out he's one of ours. And you wish him all the best and hope like he'll he can help us to that elusive flag.

Seaford - embrace it or be grumpy :wink:

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:It's fair enough if people don't think the Seaford move was the right one, but it is pointless to continue to complain about it.
I am not complaining about it.

It is vast improvement on what we have had, and in 2011 it will mean an edge that we did not have in 2010.

But equally no point pretending that it is 100% ideal either.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:It's fair enough if people don't think the Seaford move was the right one, but it is pointless to continue to complain about it.
I am not complaining about it.

It is vast improvement on what we have had, and in 2011 it will mean an edge that we did not have in 2010.

But equally no point pretending that it is 100% ideal either.
I'm certainly not suggesting it's 100% ideal - but it is what we've got and we can't change it.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Frankford

Another opportunity awaits!
FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:

Questionable support?

No... I do not buy two memberships with social club and reserve seat status... I buy FOUR!

And I DONT s*** can the decisions of the board... I SUPPORT them.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

Questionable support?

No... I do not buy two memberships with social club and reserve seat status... I buy FOUR!

Good on you pleased to hear it, I'm sure the others are for your wife and kids!

The extra one I buy is also in my name!

I support the St kilda Football Club, NOT every decision made by an incompetent board!

Some choose to follow blindly like sheep, others think for themselves!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

Questionable support?

I support the St kilda Football Club, NOT every decision made by an incompetent board!

Yes... those of us with brains do... those like you, on the other hand, have no capacity to think at all!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

Questionable support?

barks4eva, just because some people accept the finality of the decision and decide to get on board does not mean they do not think for themselves. :roll: