Football to continue at Moorabbin- announcement

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Football to continue at Moorabbin- announcement

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/t ... 17xkx.html

The Age understands VFL games could return to Punt Road with the recently negotiated relocation of the Richmond Cricket Club. Both Richmond and St Kilda are understood to have negotiated agreements for VFL games to return to the traditional suburban home grounds.

The Saints' new Moorabbin deal with the Victorian government is expected to be announced today and The Age understands part of the Tigers' forward planning is to also play host to VFL and community football.

the AGE speculating? or reading blogs again :)
Last edited by saintbrat on Thu 18 Nov 2010 12:47pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
ChicagoSaint
Club Player

i think it has more to do with CARO announcing to the footy world that the tigers are set to finally get a fair dinkum pre-season in now that they have kicked the cricketers off the ground, so LOOK OUT!

saintlee
Club Player

So does this mean that Sandy will play games at Moorabbin or that the Saints will field their own VFL team?

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

saintlee wrote:So does this mean that Sandy will play games at Moorabbin or that the Saints will field their own VFL team?
Was mentioned at the BnF the Saints intended at some stage to play their own VFL team out of Moorabbin.

Certainly seems to have worked for the whingers and the filth, and it'd be great to be able to watch a Saints side play out of Linton Street.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
ChicagoSaint
Club Player

dcstkfc wrote:
saintlee wrote:So does this mean that Sandy will play games at Moorabbin or that the Saints will field their own VFL team?
Was mentioned at the BnF the Saints intended at some stage to play their own VFL team out of Moorabbin.

Certainly seems to have worked for the whingers and the filth, and it'd be great to be able to watch a Saints side play out of Linton Street.
will not ever happen.
would need frankston to fold for it to happen and as bad as frankston are, a new grandstand has been built with help from brumby

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

ChicagoSaint wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:

will not ever happen.
would need frankston to fold for it to happen and as bad as frankston are, a new grandstand has been built with help from brumby
Why would it be necessary for Frankston to fold?

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
zebraman
Club Player

From the St Kilda website

"A new community sports pavilion will enable the Southern Football League, the Moorabbin Saints Junior Football League, TAC team Sandringham Dragons and local schools to play competition football in various forms at Moorabbin Oval."

Not sure what this means re Sandy...maybe business as usual?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.saints.com.au/news/newsartic ... id/105311/
>>>>>>>>>>
A new community sports pavilion will enable the Southern Football League, the Moorabbin Saints Junior Football League, TAC team Sandringham Dragons and local schools to play competition football in various forms at Moorabbin Oval.

As part of this initiative, St Kilda Football Club has made a long term undertaking to cement and grow their local schools education program, aided by the Saints playing group.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
St Kilda CEO Michael Nettlefold said, “The Saints are moving from Moorabbin, but not leaving the local community.â€

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
ChicagoSaint
Club Player

GrumpyOne wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:

will not ever happen.
well if as the post suggests in having a "saints" team in the VFL other than sandy it would need VFL consolidation.

VFL are not looking to consolidate any further teams that i'm aware of.

the OP article makes reference to st kilda without specifically identifying sandy and the confusion was born from there.

any idea that st kilda may have a VFL team other than sandy is proposturous.

the age article exists merely with reference to richmond and their extra-ordinarily poor historical situation of having the cricketers, the facts surrounding them finally having the opportunity of a semi-decent pre-season without the cricketers there and caroline wilsons own personal agenda of mixing the saints in there for extra credit on what is essentially just an article about her old mans tigers more than anything else.

as stated, the link there between "richmond" and "moorabbin" is as more slack than a desperately misguided harpoon from a japanese whaling ship.

to some people it's news. to others it's misrepresentation.
one man's salad is another man's garnish.

put your teeth in albert.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

ChicagoSaint wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:

will not ever happen.
well if as the post suggests in having a "saints" team in the VFL other than sandy it would need VFL consolidation.

the OP article makes reference to st kilda without specifically identifying sandy and the confusion was born from there.

the age article exists merely with reference to richmond and their extra-ordinarily poor historical situation of having the cricketers, the facts surrounding them finally having the opportunity of a semi-decent pre-season without the cricketers there and caroline wilsons own personal agenda of mixing the saints in there for extra credit on what is essentially just an article about her old mans tigers more than anything else.

as stated, the link there between "richmond" and "moorabbin" is as more slack than a desperately misguided harpoon from a japanese whaling ship.

If the AFL says jump, the VFL asks how high.

If the AFL agrees to a separate Saints team in the VFL, it will happen.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
ChicagoSaint
Club Player

i'll humour you.... will it happen?

Ice Wolf
Club Player

The only likely changes i can see with us in regard to the VFL is either aligning with Frankston or a Dual alignment with Sandringham and Frankston

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

Ice Wolf wrote:The only likely changes i can see with us in regard to the VFL is either aligning with Frankston or a Dual alignment with Sandringham and Frankston
respect. although i happen to know that that will not ever happen and for several reasons.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ChicagoSaint wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:

will not ever happen.

You dont know much, actually you dont know anything. Clubs have until the end of March next year to apply to go it alone in the VFL.
Last edited by plugger66 on Thu 18 Nov 2010 3:24pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

albert, champ, teeth. seriously, i can't do it, ffsake dude, if i wanted nicole kidman's job as a translator i'd simply apply and they'd assess me on the grounds of my experience in translating english not bottom of the south china sea gummy shark. put em in champ!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ChicagoSaint wrote:albert, champ, teeth. seriously, i can't do it, ffsake dude, if i wanted nicole kidman's job as a translator i'd simply apply and they'd assess me on the grounds of my experience in translating english not bottom of the south china sea gummy shark. put em in champ!
By English might not be great but at least I have common sense. Your English may be good but you have the least knowledge and common sense of anyone on this board and that includes your mate. Now put that bong down and get on with living.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

I asked the question a while back that it didnt make sense for the Saints to be split between the two venues.
This proposal makes it a <little> more viable

Seeya