Whom will we pick in 2morrows draft?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
I know exactly who my Father is but i am worried for you. Your children have no idea who there father is. They think it is a cleaner who lies but I am afraid you have been the one who has been lied to for years.

oh dear...you're nearly illiterate as well as illegitimate you poor sod....

for a start that's "their'....next...your sentences don't make a lot of sense.....no one's been lying to me, albert....and lastly...there are absolutely no prizes on here for second..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

You are right and you would know there are no prizes for second and that is why your children have no idea who their father is.
I thought you had gone away. You obviously took my advise and had a sleep but did you get your nappy changed? Now go away I am sick of your crap as probably everyone else is. But before you go remember this.

Score
Stinger Nil
Myself one

Finally you age makes WW1 sound recent, You make dumb people sound smart, You make cleaners sound dumb, your make Rain man sound like he has a great personality and Jim Carrey in Liar liar sound like he never lied.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

you really are pathetic and quiet stupid....the fact that you can even manage to sound like that on an internet forum using printed communications is remarkable in itself and only serves to expand the depths of that stupidity....... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Gershwin
Club Player

not bad Stinger.
Errors in grammar are always worth points ... but those emoticons ??? .. I score wit over visuals.

summertime and the living is easy ........
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Gershwin wrote:not bad Stinger.
Errors in grammar are always worth points ... but those emoticons ??? .. I score wit over visuals.

okay...i will keep that in mind.....not a fair contest though.....i'm dealing with a mental midget....and an illiterate one at that.... 8-)

Middo
Club Player

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Wouldnt have a clue who we will pick but we will only use 4 picks instead of 6 we could use. We will pick 3 young guys, one which will be victorian and an older guy which will be either a ex AFL player or a older state player. Mark this all down as fact.

:roll: yeah albert... :roll: :roll: :roll:keep posting enough crap...and once in awhile....or century ...you gotta hit pay dirt..... :roll: :twisted:

Wouldn't have a clue.......just about sums it up Flogger 69 you thread snatcher !!!!! Look at me Look at me !!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
vacuous space
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:We will only use 4 picks I believe.
Unless we want somebody who hasn't nominated for the ND, I don't see the point in passing once, let alone twice. We have to fill those last two spots. Might as well do it sooner rather than later.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

May leave a spot vacant to upgrade a rookie...

vacuous space wrote:
plugger66 wrote:We will only use 4 picks I believe.
Unless we want somebody who hasn't nominated for the ND, I don't see the point in passing once, let alone twice. We have to fill those last two spots. Might as well do it sooner rather than later.
They may leave a spot vacant to upgrade a rookie...throughout the year eg WALSH.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
vacuous space
SS Life Member

Re: May leave a spot vacant to upgrade a rookie...

WinnersOnly wrote:They may leave a spot vacant to upgrade a rookie...throughout the year eg WALSH.
That won't happen. We have to fill all six senior spots by the end of the PSD. I don't see a point to waiting to draft somebody unless they did not nominate. Maybe we try somebody out, like we did with Carroll before taking Dawson. Still, I think we're likely to draft at least five and probably six tomorrow. The PSD just isn't what it used to be.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:They may leave a spot vacant to upgrade a rookie...throughout the year eg WALSH.
That won't happen. We have to fill all six senior spots by the end of the PSD. I don't see a point to waiting to draft somebody unless they did not nominate. Maybe we try somebody out, like we did with Carroll before taking Dawson. Still, I think we're likely to draft at least five and probably six tomorrow. The PSD just isn't what it used to be.
I dont think we will get anyone in the PSD either. I think they will just put our 30 year olds inside the main list and get 2 extra rookie spots which means that we are very close 100% of the salary cap. With rookies either none or only 50% is included in the cap.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:
That won't happen. We have to fill all six senior spots by the end of the PSD. .
correct...you can't leave vacant spots ...despite what albert says.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
vacuous space wrote:
That won't happen. We have to fill all six senior spots by the end of the PSD. .
Wrong as usual. It can be filled by putting Lenny and bakes onto the main list thus allowing more rookies. Not surprising you are wrong because you are actually never right. You are an embarrassment to old cleaners out there.

ffs ffs emoticon old useless piece of crap ffs roll eyes liar hilarious embarrassment

peter lockwood
Club Player

24-harper
43-mitchie
60-harvey
77-giles
94-Gamble or Neagle
111-Johnstone or Johnson

All up pretty good 3 good kids good back up ruckman 3 rd tall and experienced midfielder

vacuous space
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:I dont think we will get anyone in the PSD either. I think they will just put our 30 year olds inside the main list and get 2 extra rookie spots which means that we are very close 100% of the salary cap. With rookies either none or only 50% is included in the cap.
That's so pointless that it has to be what we're doing. There's no reason at all we couldn't have done that at list lodgement 2. The only thing I can possibly see us gaining from that kind of subterfuge is making a club jump early on somebody they might think we're going to take. Even with that, I think the chances are slim, because there are only so many Brad Howards. In the end, they'll have promised us draft picks and come back with rookies. Not a good look.

While we're at it, I can't work out why we have three veterans either. Unless I've misread the CBA (which is entirely likely) it would seem that there's no point in having more than two. Given that no other club has more than two though - and I'm not sure if they ever have - it does leave me wondering.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

peter lockwood wrote:24-harper
43-mitchie
60-harvey
77-giles
94-Gamble or Neagle
111-Johnstone or Johnson

All up pretty good 3 good kids good back up ruckman 3 rd tall and experienced midfielder
they are all okay picks....i have the name of one kid we are interested in.....a future ruckman....but i won't divulge the name now....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
vacuous space wrote:
Wrong as usual. It can be filled by putting Lenny and bakes onto the main list thus allowing more rookies. Not surprising you are wrong because you are actually never right. You are an embarrassment to old cleaners out there.

ffs ffs emoticon old useless piece of crap ffs roll eyes liar hilarious embarrassment
that's not going to happen...so you are wrong...and i'm right....as usual stupid..... :twisted: :twisted:

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
vacuous space wrote:

that's not going to happen...so you are wrong...and i'm right....as usual stupid..... :twisted: :twisted:
Just like this bloke, you guys are riveting :roll:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

i'm just hoping that the guys we draft can play football for a change.... :cry:

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Gershwin wrote:Plugger66 on points for me...

All in all a good fight and I look forward to the return bout.
should be a pretty straightforward one to score. plugger66 says four picks will be used tomorrow, stinger says six picks. both say one recycled player so nothing to split them there. this time tomorrow night we'll know the winner.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

On number of picks....

I have not followed all the ins and outs of the current rules and who and how many are veterans etc...

So from someone who has....and who knows....

What are our maximum number of picks....including PSD (if we go)....and does this influence our number of possible rookie selections?

ie If we take less draft/psd do we get more rookies? Or is the number of rookies only determined by the number of our vets?

Thanks.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
noob
Club Player

champion players.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:

should be a pretty straightforward one to score. plugger66 says four picks will be used tomorrow, stinger says six picks. both say one recycled player so nothing to split them there. this time tomorrow night we'll know the winner.
Not sure if the person will be recycled. There will be one older type player of course IMO.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

We need some of our "promising" project players .. Heyne, Walsh, Stanley, Armo, Lynch, Winmar etc.. etc.. to start "projecting" themselves into AFL ranks.

Develop (within say 2/3 years) or Delete ... that should be our harsh new slogan/motto.

So no more project players please -
we need to pick a kid(or kids) with pace and a developed body that is/ are ready to go and fit straight in - and if none exist/crop up - Johnstone could give us a couple of years.

Even short, stocky kids with pace .. beggars can't be choosers, we need (are begging for) pace - Rodan for instance (who we ignored) would have gone okay with us and provided run and pace and he had a ready made body..
You're not too short for St kilda if you have a big body/thundering thighs and pace... especially if you are a ball magnet like Rodan was.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Rodan was an absolute star in juniors, but was average and disappointing at Richmond in his first handful of years in the AFL system.

Got delisted from memory, then picked up by Port and now goes alright. I don't see why everyone is now mentioning Rodan as a world beater. I can see why people like to mention Prestia and Rodan in the same sentence, as they are both short, quick and strong bodied, but please, I'd like to recruit the next Chris Judd, Lenny Hayes or Jono Brown as opposed to the next Rodan!! :lol:

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:

So if it's five picks and one recycled player, is there a replay :shock:

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
bergholt wrote:should be a pretty straightforward one to score. plugger66 says four picks will be used tomorrow, stinger says six picks. both say one recycled player so nothing to split them there. this time tomorrow night we'll know the winner.
So if it's five picks and one recycled player, is there a replay :shock:
nah, in that case they both lose, and we never have to listen to either of them again.