Club needs to be held to account re guernsey

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Lenny
Club Player

I not saying I don't care what we wear, I do. HOWEVER, whether you like it or not we have to work within the rules and its pointless going on about it.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

I'd sign that
I would assume the people who are claiming it is not an issue are the exact same people who claim the AFL is corrupt and only favour the "power" clubs.

Seeya
HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

oakleighboy wrote:Any jumper without 23 on it suits me.
Have you not anything better to do?

They walk amongst us...

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

tmueller wrote:
If I could suggest thought that if you do go to the AGM to voice these concerns and represent members who also feel cheated that you take some ammunition as well, eg. a petition, letters. It appears barks4eva tried to go it alone and he was ignored in 2008.

Given that there are 41,163 members as of 21/9/10, the required 75% for a change is 38,872. That means if at least 10,290 oppose a change it cannot be done according to the constitution of the club. There are 3,951 registered users on saintsaitional.com, 850 on facebook group saints footy (possibly double ups), plus family and friends that are easily contactable. It should be possible to get 5,000 signatures if you try. If you want I'll help (not that I'm of influence in these, or any other parts).

Here is a draft I made for you
http://www.speedyshare.com/files/248391 ... tition.pdf

If they all get sent to the one address and then taken to the AGM at once then it should have a nice punch.
If the board runs the club as a business then appealing to its revenue source should have some effect.

It would be nothing short of pathetic if the board need to be petitioned against for them to come to their collective senses!

You would hope they, show some vision, grow some balls and deliver what the majority of members would surely vote for!

A home jumper with a white back is predominantly white, clashes with no other club and would ensure that if we had to wear a clash jumper in a Grand Final, viewed by millions of people worldwide, our home jumper, our brand, would be represented, at least on the front of the jumper!

As much as I loathe Eddie McGuire, if he supported the Saints and was the St kilda president, one thing is for sure this thread would not exist!

I hope it does not get to the stage where we as members need to petition the board on this issue for NOT listening!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
A home jumper with a white back is predominantly white, clashes with no other club and would ensure that if we had to wear a clash jumper in a Grand Final, viewed by millions of people worldwide, our home jumper, our brand, would be represented, at least on the front of the jumper!
Hey Mr future PRESIDENT,

Do you have AFL approval for this jumper design you talk of? Afterall, every jumper design (except anything Collingwood or Essendon) has to meet their standards before they approve them !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

PeckettofChips
Club Player

tmueller wrote:According to http://www.footyjumpers.com/

2004 - 2007
White panel attached to the neck covering the bottom of the collar

2008 - 2009
Thinner White panel and revised collar

Did anyone care then?

St. Kilda = Red, White & Black, vertical panels. Or thick stripes (heritage 1987-1914)

You could say the 09/10 clash strip was two thick red and black stripes like our first ever jumper of 1897, plus a big white panel like our old home jumper. That's just one way of looking at it.

As long as it's not a sash, horizontal stripes, a crest, wiggly lines, a V etc. it's an historic representation of a St. Kilda jumper.

If we must wear a clash jumper to make play in a GF easier then so be it, as long as we don't lift the cup in a Collingwood jumper.

I'd rather the club focus it's energy on winning and player development.

I'd like to remember this as a time when we were a premiership contending team, than a team who whinges about the width of the colours on their jumper.
Melbourne reverted back to their very dark blue jumper from the past. Why cant we have the jumper colour combo we had in the sixties as well?

There is no colour clash with anyone and they can go jump if they want us to change to an altermate pasty strip like the GF. What a sad sight that was.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
Hey Mr future PRESIDENT,

Do you have AFL approval for this jumper design you talk of? Afterall, every jumper design (except anything Collingwood or Essendon) has to meet their standards before they approve them !!

The requirement is that the jumper be predominantly the lightest colour!

Our home jumper with a white back meets that criteria and importantly clashes with no other club which is the whole point is it not?

Therefore there is no reason in any way shape or form for the AFL to reject it!

It's about time we had a STRONG BOARD with a vision to deliver the outcome that the majority of members would vote for!

If we stand up for something, we will gain more respect, as opposed to seemingly jumping at shadows and asking the AFL if were allowed to do this or do that and submitting meekly every single time!

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

PeckettofChips wrote: There is no colour clash with anyone and they can go jump if they want us to change to an altermate pasty strip like the GF. What a sad sight that was.
Agree, it was like wearing a white flag in a Grand Final, disgraceful performance from the board of the St kilda Football Club, totally asleep at the wheel and they didn't even know what the situation was until one week before the Grand Final, seriously, that is just pathetic!

Deliver a Home jumper with a white back so at least our home jumper is represented in a Grand Final!

It's also an insult to the players who bust a gut to make a Grand Final and then have to run out in what looks like a white flag!

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

PeckettofChips wrote: There is no colour clash with anyone and they can go jump if they want us to change to an altermate pasty strip like the GF. What a sad sight that was.
Agree, it was like wearing a white flag in a Grand Final, disgraceful performance from the board of the St kilda Football Club, totally asleep at the wheel and they didn't even know what the situation was until one week before the Grand Final, seriously, that is just pathetic!

Deliver a Home jumper with a white back so at least our home jumper is represented in a Grand Final!

It's also an insult to the players who bust a gut to make a Grand Final and have to play in that rubbish!

ThePunter
Club Player

What is the members agree with the board? Some anecodotal surveying of a few members doesn't mean the vast majority of members are of the same mind.

One also has to realise that many members are now members in order to secure entry into games, making them really "season-ticket holders", who might not be as emotionally invested in these sort of administrative matters as other members.

I believe we need clash strips in the AFL, the league requires a clash jumper for St Kilda that is mostly white on both sides of the jumper, and that all clubs satisfactorily adhere to these requirements, except Essendon.

We need clash strips because:

- today's game requires the retention of possession through quick disposal under pressure
- short differentials aren't sufficent as players don't tuck their jumpers into their shorts any more
- other asthetic and viewing considerations

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Here's a copy of the email I sent to Michael Nettlefold on the 15/10/10, as yet no reply!

Hi Michael,

I have already mentioned this issue to Ross Levine!

I am a passionate Sainter, my Great Grand father followed the Saints in the 1880's when they were in the VFA!

I am a staunch traditionalist!

My issue is with the choice of clash jumpers!

In my opinion it is imperative that our AWAY JUMPER be our HOME JUMPER with a white back, so the ONLY difference between the two jumpers is the back of the jumper!

After the shocking clash jumper that the previous board under Rod Butterss delivered I had contact with Archie Fraser and he promised me in writing that the members would have a say and vote on the next clash jumper design!

This did not happen!

At the 2008 AGM, I questioned the board as to the choice of clash jumper, why was the white stripe as wide as the Grand Canyon?

I pointed out that in the event that we play Collingwood in the next couple of years in a Grand Final we might be forced by the AFL to wear a clash jumper and that being the case it was important to have a clash jumper as close to the home jumper as possible, considering the club is being represented on the world stage!

Greg Westaway interjected with "We will be wearing our home jumper in a Grand Final"

Clearly he did not have a clue, without sounding impolite, because he was obviously wrong!

We were forced to wear a clash jumper in a Grand Final against Collingwood!

No my name is not Nostradamus but I did warn the board in 2008 as to this possible eventuality in the next few years!

I and many, many Sainters that I know were all very, very disappointed that our club was forced to wear that clash jumper in a Grand Final!

The prevailing view was that the huge white panel gave the impression of surrender, much like that of a white flag and diminished the great look of our home jumper panels and colours!

The club if nothing else owe it to the players to play in our HOME JUMPER PANELS in a GRAND FINAL even if we are forced to change the back of the jumper in a Grand Final, because of our lower ranking in the home and away season!

Please act on this, so that never again will St kilda wear anything other than our Home Jumper on the front of our jumper in a Grand Final!

I do not require any answer to be posted on the website, but given the importance of this issue, I very much would appreciate a reply in writing to acknowledge that you have read this email and will be taking this matter up with the board of the St kilda Football Club!

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

I must be the only one who likes our clash jumper.

Given the 'predominately white' guidelines, I don't think there is a better one the club can produce.

As for our prison bar jumper, it's a beaut but it wont be back anytime soon.

Bad management is bad management