SEAFORD CENTRE ??? !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

GoTheTorp wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
GoTheTorp wrote:Was down there today and its looking alot better than Moorabbin.
So did you drive there GTT?

And if so, how many times did you have to fill up the tank?

Did you stay somewhere overnight or just chuck down a few no-doz and press on?

I'm just curious as some on here are comparing the commute to the Paris-Dakar Rally. :wink:
Had some business to do in Franga so wasnt really timing the run.

At a guess a 20minute drive from Sandy via Beach Rd, would have been a little quicker if i had cruised down on the freeway. Just jump off the freeway at Seaford rd and your pretty much there. Fuel? wouldn't have used much more than if i drove across to Linton st.

By the way i am a Moorabbin boy born an bred and my family are still in the area, and i still think Linton St is a shyt hole compared to what the boys will have at Seaford.
Having lived in Brighton most of my life and summer holidayed in Frankston many times, it generally takes me 25 minutes by car (if I get a good run with traffic lights) to get to Frankston.
IF the traffic is really heavy it might take another 5 minutes.
And this on Nepean Highway which is the 'scenic but slow' way to get to Seaford.

I am absolutely bemused by those who have never driven there yet feel 'experienced enough' to pass judgment on the length of time it takes and the 'disaster' you will find there when you eventually arrive.

I understand this is the off-season after we lost a GF, but geez have the 'fruit-loops' taken over the assylum on here.

Have I forgotten how bad it was last year, or am I just imagining that it is much worse this year?
Posters who previously were lucid, intelligent, sane and informative seem to have 'gone off the deep end' lately.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:Having lived in Brighton most of my life and summer holidayed in Frankston many times, it generally takes me 25 minutes by car (if I get a good run with traffic lights) to get to Frankston.
And this on Nepean Highway which is the 'scenic but slow' way to get to Seaford.

I am absolutely bemused by those who have never driven there yet feel 'experienced enough' to pass judgment on the length of time it takes and the 'disaster' you will find there when you eventually arrive.

I understand this is the off-season after we lost a GF, but geez have the 'fruit-loops' taken over the assylum on here.

Have I forgotten how bad it was last year, or am I just imagining that it is much worse this year?
Posters who previously were lucid, intelligent, sane and informative seem to have 'gone off the deep end' lately.

NO offense MM but calling others fruit loops then admitting you have summer holidays in Frankston seems quite ironic at best and I'm left wondering who on Earth would take a summer vacation in Frankston??????????

I have been critical of the move to Seaford/Frankston from the beginning before it was signed off on, not just since the GF!

I even had a 90 minute meeting with Archie Fraser about this issue in 2008, which was good of him on the one hand BUT

I asked to see what documents and proof he had that he'd fully explored options such as Elseternwick Park for example!

At the AGM in 2008 he promised to show me these documents and evidence in relation to Elsternwick Park for example!

It looked good at the AGM in front of 500 members to tell everyone yes you can see the documents and I have evidence that I have explored these other options fully!

When we had this private meeting, the first thing he said after we sat down was "I will NOT be showing you any documents" to verify that he had indeed explored these options FULLY!

He totally reneged on what he actually promised!

I was left feeling like there was no proof, documentation, evidence or anything and that he had been bluffing all along!

I am pissed off about the Seaford move but it's hardly worth going on about now because the decision has been made and history will judge as to whether this decision has any merit whatsoever!

I will still hold the view that a move to St kilda or as close to it as possible would have delivered a much better outcome!

IMHO at best we can only hope that Seaford does not turn into a total disaster!

The good news is when we need to move back to St Kilda in 2022 when I'm elected President, at least the club will have explored these stupid decisions about relocation, I will have been vindicated and the club can truly get serious about evolving our brand and making much of the fact that this club is named after the most marketable suburb in Victoria and one of the most marketable suburbs in Australia!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
ChicagoSaint
Club Player

B4E. It's business, it's not suburban footy any more.

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

ChicagoSaint wrote:B4E. It's business, it's not suburban footy any more.
bump and quoted for truth.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:Having lived in Brighton most of my life and summer holidayed in Frankston many times, it generally takes me 25 minutes by car (if I get a good run with traffic lights) to get to Frankston.

NO offense MM but calling others fruit loops then admitting you have summer holidays in Frankston seems quite ironic at best and I'm left wondering who on Earth would take a summer vacation in Frankston??????????

I have been critical of the move to Seaford/Frankston from the beginning before it was signed off on, not just since the GF!

Firstly, there is Frankston and then there is Frankston Beach. ONe is a wonderful family summer holiday spot gong back to the early 60's when my parents started taking us there.

And Barks, I have absolutely no problem with those like you who were and still are critical of the choice of moving to Seaford. It's a democracy and everyone is entitled to an opinion on those decisions.

My issue is with the 'fruit-loops' (and yes I'll use the term) who've decided they'll shyte-can the place becasue it 'takes too long to get there' and is a 'dump' when they have no first-hand or even credible second-hnad knowledge about either topic.

Before I'd be prepared to make serious public statements about something I'd want to have some knowledge on the subject.
ANd given that the place is still under construction, how can anybody knock the facilities and expect to be taken seriously?

As for the wildly distorted 'facts' about how long it takes to get there - what is that designed to do except denigrate the place?
A denigration based on what?
The posters lack of first-hand knowledge.

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

note 2 self: saturday night is rockwiz night. B4E is setting up his TV table and stocking the fridge.

Falchoon
Club Player

Manchester United's training ground is on the outskirts of Manchester, Chelsea's training ground is on the outskirts of London.

It's not unusual.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

ChicagoSaint wrote:note 2 self: saturday night is rockwiz night. B4E is setting up his TV table and stocking the fridge.
didn't rockwiz come from somewhere differant this week- toowommba??

:wink:

bit further than Seaford....
Last edited by saintbrat on Sun 24 Oct 2010 2:40pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
GoTheTorp
Club Player

Was down in Mt Eliza today and who should i run into but the Seaford man himself, Sir Robert. Very relaxed about his new home, i also commented it was great to have him back, he returned a big smile. I then drove the 15mins its going to take him to get to training via the beautiful view from Olivers Hill down through the city of Frankston to Seaford. Mt Eliza is plush with Mercs and property, wouldnt mind moving down there myself.

Connor needs to beef up a bit if hes going to play next year :wink:

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:
....one of the most marketable suburbs in Australia!
The suburb of St Kilda... second only to Kings Cross when it comes to drugs and prostitution... at least at Frankston theres only the drugs!

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Felt compelled to check out Belvedere myself this weekend.

Lots of tradies hard at work inside, and they were working on the carpark outside.

Oval needs topdressing, but has a decent coverage of grass.

Quite happy with what I saw, will be an excellent resource, and considering the complaints on here, surprisingly easy to find from the city.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:Quite happy with what I saw, will be an excellent resource, and considering the complaints on here, surprisingly easy to find from the city.
Can only assume it becomes more difficult to find if you're coming from an luxury unit in Port Melbourne and driving an expensive import fitted with GPS :wink:

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:note 2 self: saturday night is rockwiz night. B4E is setting up his TV table and stocking the fridge.
ROCKWIZ is always in St Kilda even when it's in Toowoomba it's still St Kilda

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

ChicagoSaint wrote:
saintbrat wrote:
ROCKWIZ is always in St Kilda even when it's in Toowoomba it's still St Kilda
Maybe we sold a "home game" to Toowoomba like the Bulldogs, Roos, Demons etc :)

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:Quite happy with what I saw, will be an excellent resource, and considering the complaints on here, surprisingly easy to find from the city.
Can only assume it becomes more difficult to find if you're coming from a luxury unit in Port Melbourne and driving an expensive import fitted with GPS :wink:
tough pre-season though, sunny summer morning cruise down the freeway and into your newly constructed office, some paperwork, shoot some hoops, game of brandings in the pool, light massage, video review in video review theatre, more paperwork, bit of kick-to-kick, chat to banger, cruise home roo must absolutely hate it.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

ChicagoSaint wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
Can only assume it becomes more difficult to find if you're coming from a luxury unit in Port Melbourne and driving an expensive import fitted with GPS :wink:
tough pre-season though, sunny summer morning cruise down the freeway and into your newly constructed office, some paperwork, shoot some hoops, game of brandings in the pool, light massage, video review in video review theatre, more paperwork, bit of kick-to-kick, chat to banger, cruise home roo must absolutely hate it.
Well he does apparently Chi City.

Word is he's angling to get to Richmond so that he and Jack can train at Craigieburn and then stop off for a croissant & latte at a trendy Coolaroo cafe. :shock:

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Word is he's angling to get to Richmond so that he and Jack can train at Craigieburn and then stop off for a croissant & latte at a trendy Coolaroo cafe. :shock:
first question Doc, who or what is Chi City?
second question, where on Earth is Coolaroo?
thirdly, how do I get rid of this rash, I think it's from using old exercise equipment and exposure to the noise of small aircraft flying overhead?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

ChicagoSaint wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

first question Doc, who or what is Chi City?
second question, where on Earth is Coolaroo?
thirdly, how do I get rid of this rash, I think it's from using old exercise equipment and exposure to the noise of small aircraft flying overhead?
1. If unknown then I suggest you change your name (strikes Kanye West of list of possible identities of forumite)
2. It's not
3. Are we talking Cesnas here? From the detailed history you have provided I tend to think your diagnosis is correct however you probably need to ring my rooms and make an appointment

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Coolaroo is the Bogan equivalent of the town of Eureka.

(That's one for Sci Fi enthusiasts)

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
ChicagoSaint
Club Player

omg i didn't think anyone could confuse me more than i cofuse myself thank you Dr Spaceman.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

flower me.....i just googled coolaroo.....it's f****** half way to sydney ffs..... :roll: :roll: :roll: ...didn't know it existed :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:flower me.....i just googled coolaroo.....it's f****** half way to sydney ffs..... :roll: :roll: :roll: ...didn't know it existed :roll: :roll: :roll:
Just couldn't leave well enough alone could you stinger!

Sadly your life will never be the same again :(

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
stinger wrote:flower me.....i just googled coolaroo.....it's f****** half way to sydney ffs..... :roll: :roll: :roll: ...didn't know it existed :roll: :roll: :roll:

why is that doc spock....???

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

why is that doc spock....???
Sorry stinger, I didn't notice your rolling eyes (which is strange seeing there's so many of them!)

For a moment there I thought you actually were unaware that coolaroo existed - and I envied you :)

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

how many games do you think we will win at Seaford next season children??

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.