Clash jumper for 2011 onwards?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

oneteam wrote:We have it for one more year. Have to have it for a total of 2 years. Hopefully we are top of ladder and get our choice. But the current one looks same as traditional home jumper anyway. eg I am sure Joffa would have been happy to wear that home jumper on a premiership day at the G.
Imageπ
funny that....i thought 2009 and 2010 were two different years... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
chook23 wrote:
should be current home jumper with white back black numbers.
PRECISELY!

The board had better listen and deliver an away jumper that is actually OUR HOME JUMPER with a white back so that in the event we have to play Collingwood in a Grand Final AGAIN and are forced to wear a clash jumper AGAIN in a GRAND FINAL which is televised world wide, at least OUR HOME JUMPER, OUR BRAND etc...etc...etc...etc... will still be fully represented on the front of the jumper!

I warned the board in 2008 about this at the AGM and pointed out THEN that if we play Collingwood in the next few years we might be forced to wear a clash jumper in a Grand Final and it is imperative that it be as close to our HOME JUMPER as possible and suggested our HOME JUMPER with a white back,........ NOT a stupid design with a white panel as wide as the Grand Canyon, which signifies a white flag surrender before the ball is even bounced!

Greg Westaway interjected , " We will wear our home jumper in Grand Finals "

Oh yeah, really FAIR DINKUM!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

GET IT RIGHT THIS TIME, FFS! :twisted:

Already talked to Ross Levine on the phone and sent an email to Michael Nettlefold which he has NOT responded to as yet

The board had better get this right, otherwise there will be mayhem!

8-)

AWAY JUMPER = HOME JUMPER w/ a WHITE BACK!

SIMPLE, just deliver it

or at least allow the members a say and a vote which Archie Fraser promised me in an email, but never delivered on!

I HAVE NO DOUBT THE VAST MAJORITY OF MEMBERS WOULD VOTE FOR THIS JUMPER AND PARTICULARLY SO AFTER HAVING TO PLAY TWO GRAND FINALS IN ONE YEAR IN A WHITE FLAG!

The players bust a gut to make a GRAND FINAL so pay them the respect of allowing them to play in a jumper that has the HOME JUMPER on at least the front of the jumper!

LISTEN THIS TIME FFS, so tired of boards delivering dodgy clash jumpers when we might be forced to wear these in a GRAND FINAL!!

GET IT RIGHT, no fricken white panel as wide as the GREAT WALL of CHINA!

FAIR DINKUM!

:idea:
So, it's now a Board/Presidential election issue ? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

SaintWodonga
Club Player

anyone for our normal home jumper front & red back? Would be stronger than white I think...

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

The majority of members would vote for our away jumper being our home jumper with a white back, because the majority of members would want to see St kilda's home jumper represented in a Grand Final, even if the back needs to be changed to white in the event that we are forced to wear a clash jumper in a Grand Final!

Therefore the people who represent this club at board level have a very easy decision to make to give the majority of members what they want!

Only a board lacking in vision and intelligence and not in the interest of the majority of members would decide otherwise!

If the board do NOT deliver a HOME JUMPER with a WHITE BACK as our away jumper then they are acting against the interests of the majority of members!

We have a brand and this is represented in no bigger way than our HOME JUMPER panels and in a Grand Final televised on the world stage this brand should be represented!

If St kilda play Collingwood in another Grand Final as the away team and are forced to wear an away jumper, then the board had better put in place right now a decision to guarantee that at least the front of the jumper will be our HOME JUMPER!

If they are incapable of seeing this logic, then allow the members a vote on this issue and see how overwhelming the majority of this vote is!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

SaintWodonga wrote:anyone for our normal home jumper front & red back? Would be stronger than white I think...
Possibly, but I think the AFL have a policy that the jumper must be predominantly, the lightest colour!

OUR HOME JUMPER with a white back would satisfy this criteria, and would clash with no other club!

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
SaintWodonga wrote:anyone for our normal home jumper front & red back? Would be stronger than white I think...
Possibly, but I think the AFL have a policy that the jumper must be predominantly, the lightest colour!

OUR HOME JUMPER with a white back would satisfy this criteria, and would clash with no other club!
Surely if it's good enough for Collingwood to create a 'clash strip' by just making the back of their jumper white, then it should be good enough for us?
Afterall, if the AFL deem that their alternate white back jumper doesn't clash with our black back jumper, then how could our 'white back' jumper clash with their black back one?

Maybe if the AFL also forced them to take off the red Emirates logo from the front of their jumper it may also alleviate things?

Kilda
Club Player

The issue of our guernsey has been a bugbear of mine for years. The club - I regret to say- has a history of ushering in new guernseys without consulting its members and yet in the St K F C constitution it clearly states that 75% approval from members needs to be achieved in order to tamper with the club's name and colours, as well as jumper design.

Remember at the club's 1996 AGM, Plympton announced - as an aside- that the club would wear the new black cross guernsey (hot cross bun) as the HOME strip for the 1997 H & A season. Just like that.

I quite liked the thin vertical tri-colour bands that was used as our away strip in the mid 2000's. Then, suddenly, it disappeared.

We need to get vocal and get the club to stand accountable for its jumper choices. We, as members, need to be consulted. I have written to Nettlefold as well and got a token indifferent response. When is the AGM? The question needs to be put to the board then.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote: Surely if it's good enough for Collingwood to create a 'clash strip' by just making the back of their jumper white, then it should be good enough for us?
Afterall, if the AFL deem that their alternate white back jumper doesn't clash with our black back jumper, then how could our 'white back' jumper clash with their black back one?

EXACTLY!

That the whole issue summed up precisely!

Furthermore, our board need to stop jumping at AFL shadows!

They need to stand up for something, not bend over everytime, because it will just continue and the club will never get any respect!

The AFL tell us to jump and our board says "How far"?

Needs to STOP!

Liason, set up a meeting, talk logic, engender respect etc...etc...

However I think the problem is just as much at our end as it is with the AFL!

Regarding the clash jumper issue, there is no issue, wear OUR HOME JUMPER with a WHITE BACK, it's very simple!

The first problem is getting the board of the St kilda Football Club to understand, so that we never again have to wear anything other than the front of our HOME JUMPER IN A GRAND FINAL!

Stand up for something, stop being wishy washy and the AFL will respect us more to start with!

I raised this issue at the 2008 AGM about a potential clash with Collingwood in a Grand Final and if we are the away team, we might be forced to wear a clash jumper etc... that it is imperative it be OUR HOME JUMPER with a WHITE BACK etc...

Westatway said " we will wear our home jumper in Grand Finals"!

How wishy washy is that?

Fact is he had no clue, none whatsoever!

As much as I loathe Eddie McGuire, we would do very well to have someone with that passion as our President, someone as steadfast and committed to delivering similar outcomes!

If Collingwood are forced to wear an away jumper in a Grand Final they will wear the same jumper that they've already won about fourteen premierships in!

GIVE THE MEMBERS A CLASH JUMPER THAT IS OUR HOME JUMPER WITH A WHITE BACK AND I WILL SHUTUP!

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Kilda wrote:The issue of our guernsey has been a bugbear of mine for years. The club - I regret to say- has a history of ushering in new guernseys without consulting its members and yet in the St K F C constitution it clearly states that 75% approval from members needs to be achieved in order to tamper with the club's name and colours, as well as jumper design.

Remember at the club's 1996 AGM, Plympton announced - as an aside- that the club would wear the new black cross guernsey (hot cross bun) as the HOME strip for the 1997 H & A season. Just like that.

We need to get vocal and get the club to stand accountable for its jumper choices. We, as members, need to be consulted. I have written to Nettlefold as well and got a token indifferent response. When is the AGM? The question needs to be put to the board then.

EXACTLY!

See you at the AGM and please introduce yourself to me, I'll be the one hammering the board about this!

:wink:

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

OK start a petition and present it to the President at the AGM. Surely the members have a say

Another opportunity awaits!