SEAFORD CENTRE ??? !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

PeckettofChips
Club Player

I haven't yet viewed the Seaford location, but it struck me as just plain wrong, like the Melbourne development at Casey.

Too far away.

Even little things lke landing at Tulla after an interstate game and getting to the ground will take an hour extra for recovery. An hour doesn't seem much, but imagine when a player drives past Moorabbin to get to Seaford for recovery, what he will be thinking as he drives another 40 minutes for nothing.

They should have thought bigger picture and spent a lot more at Moorabbin and gotten the job done there.

When you move to these places and leave your traditional sites you lose your sole, or as the City of Yarra found when the Pies moved out they lost their arse-soul. :lol:

Carlton have retained the best of both worlds and not left and Essendon whilst blustering will still end up at Windy Hill, North at Arden St.

It makes sense.

Ice Wolf
Club Player

PeckettofChips wrote:I haven't yet viewed the Seaford location, but it struck me as just plain wrong, like the Melbourne development at Casey.

Too far away.

Even little things lke landing at Tulla after an interstate game and getting to the ground will take an hour extra for recovery. An hour doesn't seem much, but imagine when a player drives past Moorabbin to get to Seaford for recovery, what he will be thinking as he drives another 40 minutes for nothing.

They should have thought bigger picture and spent a lot more at Moorabbin and gotten the job done there.

When you move to these places and leave your traditional sites you lose your sole, or as the City of Yarra found when the Pies moved out they lost their arse-soul. :lol:

Carlton have retained the best of both worlds and not left and Essendon whilst blustering will still end up at Windy Hill, North at Arden St.

It makes sense.
It is not 40 min from Moorabbin, more like 20 and the time from the airport would probably be similar or even less to Seaford as it is at the near the end of Eastlink.

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

PeckettofChips we're sold out, please chose an alternate item from the F*CK OFF shelf.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

PeckettofChips wrote:I haven't yet viewed the Seaford location, but it struck me as just plain wrong, like the Melbourne development at Casey.

Too far away.

When you move to these places and leave your traditional sites you lose
your sole, or as the City of Yarra found when the Pies moved out they lost their arse-soul. :lol:

It makes sense.
Hawthorn is perhaps a better example for us.

They moved away from their soul. They moved to a non descript suburb miles away from where their trendy young players slurp their lattes. They moved a long, long way away from Tullamarine. They moved to a place far away from the nearest beach.

And yet they have managed to retain all their superstars and have had no problems attracting new recruits.

And they are 3rd favorites for next years flag!

Look I'm sure we would have all preferred to have redeveloped Moorabbin but it didn't happen. That's no reason to bag Seaford.

Let's at least wait til we get they keys before we pass judgement.

jack
Club Player

I can't understand why all the negative comments about Seaford. When Peninsula Link is finished it will be very easy to get to from anywhere in Melbourne.

All the posters here seem to be under the impression that everyone wants to live close to the city. I went to visit a mate in Richmond 2 weeks ago and had to park a couple of hundred metres from his house. How do people put up with this every day? Give me the Mornington Peninsula any day. That is my opinion and does not mean that everyone agrees with my lifestyle.

Geelong players are very happy with the choice of living down the surf coast or in Melbourne.

All the arguments seem to be based on where today’s players live. How many of these players will still be at the club in 10 years time.

How can people judge the facility now? It is a construction site and I think some people may be looking at the oval next to the facility. The oval they will be using is being top dressed but if you look at it closely, it will be sensational.

I don't know the exact figures, but the Peninsula and Frankston area has the highest concentration of St Kilda supporters than any other area in Australia.

Give the place a chance. I honestly don't know how some of you people survive with such negative attitudes.

when you judge someone,
You don't define them,
You define yourself.
ChicagoSaint
Club Player

far fewer stingrays at frankston just ask david hille.

PeckettofChips
Club Player

ChicagoSaint wrote:PeckettofChips we're sold out, please chose an alternate item from the F*CK OFF shelf.
If you are in Chicago it must be a sh*t of a town and not the one Frankie sang about.

If you dont like my opinion fine, but otherwise STFU.

Ice Wolf
Club Player

jack wrote:
I don't know the exact figures, but the Peninsula and Frankston area has the highest concentration of St Kilda supporters than any other area in Australia.
Which makes it really annoying that our home ground is so difficult to get home from if you live to the south east of the city due to the layout of the tracks at spencer street.

We should have done what the Hawks did and played out of the G

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

PeckettofChips wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:PeckettofChips we're sold out, please chose an alternate item from the F*CK OFF shelf.
If you are in Chicago it must be a sh*t of a town and not the one Frankie sang about.

how long did it take you to come up with a username that didn't make you sound like a troll, troll.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

jack wrote:I can't understand why all the negative comments about Seaford. When Peninsula Link is finished it will be very easy to get to from anywhere in Melbourne.

All the posters here seem to be under the impression that everyone wants to live close to the city. I went to visit a mate in Richmond 2 weeks ago and had to park a couple of hundred metres from his house. How do people put up with this every day? Give me the Mornington Peninsula any day. That is my opinion and does not mean that everyone agrees with my lifestyle.

Geelong players are very happy with the choice of living down the surf coast or in Melbourne.

All the arguments seem to be based on where today’s players live. How many of these players will still be at the club in 10 years time.

How can people judge the facility now? It is a construction site and I think some people may be looking at the oval next to the facility. The oval they will be using is being top dressed but if you look at it closely, it will be sensational.

Give the place a chance. I honestly don't know how some of you people survive with such negative attitudes.
the peninsula is awesome. frankston proper (WHICH WAS THE ORIGINAL DEAL) would have been nice. Remember we were promised the Frankston Oval and at the 11th hour it was switched to Belvedere.

Waverly PArk is 20km from the city. Carrum Downs is 40km.

But this place IS NOT the mornington peninsula. NOONE lives near the ground. The fact it is smack bang next to a freeway doesnt make it good.
It is not even Carrum Downs. And yes by edfinitio most people DO want to be near a city. by definition. thats why ist a city. If theydidnt it wouldnt be a city. the fact that is exists is living proof people want to be near it.

Geelong is way better than Carrum Downs and with Avalon airport Geelong is highly accesible nation wide and to the surf coast.

I dont think "getting a park" is an issue.

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

Frankston Park

..... hello B4E how are you?

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Con Gorozidis wrote: And yes by edfinitio most people DO want to be near a city. by definition. thats why ist a city. If theydidnt it wouldnt be a city. the fact that is exists is living proof people want to be near it.
Codswallop.

If you live near the city its because you work in or near the city.

Not met many people who live in the city and work in the outer suburbs.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
PeckettofChips
Club Player

ChicagoSaint wrote:
PeckettofChips wrote:

how long did it take you to come up with a username that didn't make you sound like a troll, troll.
If I am a troll so are you if user name is the criteria.

Chicago Saint? LOL!

Show me once where my post can be viewed as a troll as you allege I am? Anybody, not just Al Capone Saint here.

You cant and why? Because I am not a troll.

You are just jumping at shadows.

Keep doing it and I will complain about your own trolling of me.

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

PeckettofChips wrote:When you move to these places and leave your traditional sites you lose your sole, or as the City of Yarra found when the Pies moved out they lost their arse-soul. :lol:
the only person here whom has lost their arsehole is you PackofShit

PeckettofChips
Club Player

ChicagoSaint wrote:
PeckettofChips wrote:When you move to these places and leave your traditional sites you lose your sole, or as the City of Yarra found when the Pies moved out they lost their arse-soul. :lol:
the only person here whom has lost their arsehole is you PackofShit

Coming from a fellow Saint that is pretty weak.

Put up or shut up. You have no evidence as I have pointed out ot the mods now. And you will never have any evdeince.

Why?

Even someone like you should be able to work it out, even though you havent to date.

I am starting to think you may be a troll trying to get a rise out of me such is your personal abuse.

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

your material is world class

Ice Wolf
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
jack wrote:I can't understand why all the negative comments about Seaford. When Peninsula Link is finished it will be very easy to get to from anywhere in Melbourne.

the peninsula is awesome. frankston proper (WHICH WAS THE ORIGINAL DEAL) would have been nice. Remember we were promised the Frankston Oval and at the 11th hour it was switched to Belvedere.

But this place IS NOT the mornington peninsula. NOONE lives near the ground. The fact it is smack bang next to a freeway doesnt make it good.
It is not even Carrum Downs. And yes by edfinitio most people DO want to be near a city. by definition. thats why ist a city. If theydidnt it wouldnt be a city. the fact that is exists is living proof people want to be near it.

Geelong is way better than Carrum Downs and with Avalon airport Geelong is highly accesible nation wide and to the surf coast.

The reason it was moved from Frankston Park was because problems with the original site were found that would have made it one of the most expensive facilities out of the AFL Clubs to build and it would have been no better (and almost certainly worse) than Belvedere Park.

If the club had an unlimited bank account they might have done it, but then if that was true, Moorabbin would be a modern 35k seater which we played at least 8 home games at a year at.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:

Can you explain why Franston would be better than Seaford? Do the players play better if the surrounds look nice?

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Sounds like a f****** non descript back of burke disaster . Terrific. :evil:

One fleeting decision from A now departed Scottish CEO and we have BURNT our soul. f****** great.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:Sounds like a f****** non descript back of burke disaster . Terrific. :evil:

One fleeting decision from A now departed Scottish CEO and we have BURNT our soul. f****** great.
Why does it matter where it is? We cant even watch training these days anyway.

PeckettofChips
Club Player

iwantmeseats wrote:Sounds like a f****** non descript back of burke disaster . Terrific. :evil:

I'm with you.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:

Its really not about watching training. Well occassionally...who dosent (who is old enough) get that joyous feeling from rocking up to Moorabbin when training is on in finals....or to pick something up from the shop etc...

Its HOME. Its part of many of us who basically grew up there.

Imagine if we happen to win the flag next year....YES! Lets all head to ......Seaford?.....dont think so....=NO SOUL.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Its really not about watching training. Well occassionally...who dosent (who is old enough) get that joyous feeling from rocking up to Moorabbin when training is on in finals....or to pick something up from the shop etc...

Imagine if we happen to win the flag next year....YES! Lets all head to ......Seaford?.....dont think so....=NO SOUL.
Moorabbin is still there for 30 more years.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
iwantmeseats wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

But for what?? I may just make it a place to go and have a few beers at the pokies when passing through...seriously...Ill be arsed if Im going to lose my connection to the place if I can help it.

A Moorabbin redevelopment would have been a huge moral boost for the club. Something beyond first class facilities for training in the modern era. Sadly we , when most other clubs do or had the choice...do not have that. Sound familar? f***.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

iwantmeseats wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
iwantmeseats wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

But for what?? I may just make it a place to go and have a few beers at the pokies when passing through...seriously...Ill be arsed if Im going to lose my connection to the place if I can help it.

A Moorabbin redevelopment would have been a huge moral boost for the club. Something beyond first class facilities for training in the modern era. Sadly we , when most other clubs do or had the choice...do not have that. Sound familar? f***.
Do you still go to the Junction Oval?

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.