No more saints footy!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

it means winning ugly is better than a flashy loss.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

saint patrick wrote:If the ball had bounced for Milne instead of right angles in the dying minutes of GF 1 I'm tipping that you wouldn't have a problem with Saints Footy and this post wouldn't have existed...

Sigh :roll:
Well you'd be wrong! :roll:

http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... ht=#912476

Look again it's the Flash!!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Saints Footy will remain for the simple fact that we are Saints and we play Footy.

As our game plan, our style of footy, is likely to change in 2011 the nature of Saints Footy will change accordingly.

However whatever we come up with next year, and implement, will be Saints Footy. It really can't be anything else!

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Re: No more saints footy!

The Linton Street Flash wrote:[You're a dick Mr Magic, simple as that!
That may well be.

But at least I'm not a complete ar$ehole like you appear to be.

Unfortunately so many of your posts seem to emanate from that part of tha anatomy - they reek like sh1t.

And turd (I understand that's a term of endearment to you ar$eholes) if you wish to continue with personal abuse, just let me know.
I'm more than happy to accomodate you.

johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

The Linton Street Flash wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
R. Harvey 3 votes! wrote:I cringe with embarrassment everytime I hear anyone use the term "Saints Footy" What does it actually mean? To finish second? Maybe wait until we have actually won a flag or two and then it might have some credibility and substance? It is a ridiculous concept thought up by some marketing tool and it should be stopped being used by anyone to do with the St. Kilda football club immediately.
FFS do we really need some dicky marketing slogan to get members?

Every time I hear that pox of a term I'm going to think of how I felt in the last quarter of GF2 - Saints Footy FFS!!
You mean like:-

'Side by Side'
'Tell them we're coming'
etc.

In your eyes is a marketing slogan only good if you win?

Did you detest it from the beginning or only after we lost GF2?

Maybe you should go to the AGM and tell the Board that we shouldn't use any marketing slogans to try and maximize membership numbers.

Then you can go to all the businesses around Australia and explain to them why they're wasting their money in advertising their slogans.

Perhaps Coke, Pepsi, Bunnings, Woolworths, Coles etc would be really happy to hear that from you?

Maybe you can tell Jeldwen, UD, St George, PCI, Jayco there's no point them spending their sponsorship money on us. Afterall surely they're only wasting their dollars on connecting themselves to us and advertising their slogans?

Do you actually understand the point behind slogans and advertising?
Marketing slogans are fine - dicky marketing slogans are not.

Saints footy is a dicky marketing slogan.

Now for dicks, dicky things are fine but for non-dicks like myself and the OP, dicky things are dicky.

You are quite obviously a dick that's why you think it's cool - get it?...
you're a dick so you like dicky things?

And YES i detested it from the start - why you say? Because it's dicky and I'm not a dick!

You're a dick Mr Magic, simple as that!
It's a given I'm not liked here but don't go bagging this bloke. He is one of the best and most informative posters on here. I'd say he has a clue.

No one is a dick if they don't agree with your opinion so let it go.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
That may well be.

Unfortunately so many of your posts seem to emanate from that part of tha anatomy - they reek like sh1t.

And turd (I understand that's a term of endearment to you ar$eholes) if you wish to continue with personal abuse, just let me know.
You may wish to pass on this advice Mr Magic :D

Last edited by Dr Spaceman on Sat 16 Oct 2010 11:01pm, edited 1 time in total.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote: It's a given I'm not liked here but don't go bagging this bloke. He is one of the best and most informative posters on here. I'd say he has a clue.
I find the attack against MM unprovoked and completely unneccessary.

I agree with jpbfc...

Wait, hang on a minute, that can't be right :shock: :? :wink:

johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

SainterK wrote:
johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote: It's a given I'm not liked here but don't go bagging this bloke. He is one of the best and most informative posters on here. I'd say he has a clue.
I find the attack against MM unprovoked and completely unneccessary.

I agree with jpbfc...

Wait, hang on a minute, that can't be right :shock: :? :wink:
LOL. Hehe yeah get a grip K. Gawd time for bed for u!! :wink:

saintsfooty
Club Player

R. Harvey 3 votes! wrote:I cringe with embarrassment everytime I hear anyone use the term "Saints Footy" What does it actually mean? To finish second? Maybe wait until we have actually won a flag or two and then it might have some credibility and substance? It is a ridiculous concept thought up by some marketing tool and it should be stopped being used by anyone to do with the St. Kilda football club immediately.
Why don't you post your real name?

Why do you use the name of a St Kilda legend as your name?

I think it is a ridiculous concept that a non-descript Saints Fan uses Robert Harvey's name as a marketing tool for themselves. They think that it gives their opinions credibility and substance. I think Robert Harvey's name should stopped being used by no name supporters immediately.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintsfooty wrote:
Why don't you post your real name?

Why do you use the name of a St Kilda legend as your name?

I think it is a ridiculous concept that a non-descript Saints Fan uses Robert Harvey's name as a marketing tool for themselves. They think that it gives their opinions credibility and substance. I think Robert Harvey's name should stopped being used by no name supporters immediately.
Good to see you're still around saintsfooty.

I saw the title of this thread and thought they were trying to ban you :shock: :D

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
That may well be.

Don't get drawn in, Mr Magic. I know you, as do most of the forum, and we know you are an intelligent person who is eloquent and well balanced in your views. Stand tall and walk away. This forum continues to allow personal abuse between our own supporters and does nothing about it. It disgusts me and I have found a better place. This is an interesting place to observe but not a friendly place in which to participate. I am only posting to support a genuine Sainter such as yourself. I am just waiting for the predictable **ss off. If that happens, it just vindicates what I have written above.

By the way, my name is Andrew de Hoedt and I was a moderator here, but I now run the Saints Footy facebook page and am very happy there. My love for what this forum could be, draws me back and I will post here, but not in the way I used to post.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
That may well be.

Don't get drawn in, Mr Magic. I know you, as do most of the forum, and we know you are an intelligent person who is eloquent and well balanced in your views. Stand tall and walk away. This forum continues to allow personal abuse between our own supporters and does nothing about it. It disgusts me and I have found a better place. This is an interesting place to observe but not a friendly place in which to participate. I am only posting to support a genuine Sainter such as yourself. I am just waiting for the predictable **ss off. If that happens, it just vindicates what I have written above.

By the way, my name is Andrew de Hoedt and I was a moderator here, but I now run the Saints Footy facebook page and am very happy there. My love for what this forum could be, draws me back and I will post here, but not in the way I used to post.
Well said Andrew.

I am a Facebook friend of yours, though I won't reveal my identity here, and enjoy & appreciate your Saints Footy page.

Keep up the good work. :)

The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
That may well be.

Listen up Mr Mystic or whatever your friggin name is.

I wrote a post agreeing with the OP and you decided you'd get on a try to belittle me with your little petulant spat about the worth of advertising.

Don't then get on your high horse when someone fires back at you.

It's a matter of taste Mr Munchkin - no body mentioned there was anything wrong with advertising, I mentioned there was a problem with crap slogans - 'Saints Footy' IMO is a crap slogan.

I'm sorry I hurt your little feelings when I called you a dick Mr Microbe - but in actual fact your carried on like one and in all honesty, I'm sure it's not the first time, nor the last, you've been called one is it?

Now crawl back into your little pouch you 'orrible little man!

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

The Linton Street Flash wrote: Marketing slogans are fine - dicky marketing slogans are not.

Now for dicks, dicky things are fine but for non-dicks like myself and the OP, dicky things are dicky.

And YES i detested it from the start - why you say? Because it's dicky and I'm not a dick!

Probelm solved

SAINTS 2011 "Our dick's are bigger than your's"

It works for me! 8-)

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
That may well be.

I wrote a post agreeing with the OP and you decided you'd get on a try to belittle me with your little petulant spat about the worth of advertising.

It's a matter of taste Mr Munchkin - no body mentioned there was anything wrong with advertising, I mentioned there was a problem with crap slogans - 'Saints Footy' IMO is a crap slogan.

I'm sorry I hurt your little feelings when I called you a dick Mr Microbe - but in actual fact your carried on like one and in all honesty, I'm sure it's not the first time, nor the last, you've been called one is it?

The day I take instructions from you you worthless piece of shyte will be
the day that hell freezes over.

Take your condescending unwanted advice and shove it up your clacker - there's obviously plenty of room in there given your preponderance for spouting crap.

And I'll return the 'favour' by giving you back an unsolicited hint or two - if you don't want your opinions questioned, don't post.
And if you don't like caustic, sarcastic replies, then don't make caustic sarcastic posts in the first place.

Simple enough for your feeble little mind to comprehend Flasher?
See I can be just as clever as you with names. :roll:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

munchkin

:shock:

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

derby Street wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
FFS do we really need some dicky marketing slogan to get members?

Every time I hear that pox of a term I'm going to think of how I felt in the last quarter of GF2 - Saints Footy FFS!!
You mean like:-

'Side by Side'
'Tell them we're coming'
etc.

In your eyes is a marketing slogan only good if you win?

Did you detest it from the beginning or only after we lost GF2?

Maybe you should go to the AGM and tell the Board that we shouldn't use any marketing slogans to try and maximize membership numbers.

Then you can go to all the businesses around Australia and explain to them why they're wasting their money in advertising their slogans.

Perhaps Coke, Pepsi, Bunnings, Woolworths, Coles etc would be really happy to hear that from you?

Maybe you can tell Jeldwen, UD, St George, PCI, Jayco there's no point them spending their sponsorship money on us. Afterall surely they're only wasting their dollars on connecting themselves to us and advertising their slogans?

Do you actually understand the point behind slogans and advertising?
Marketing slogans are fine - dicky marketing slogans are not.

Your opinion only ........ that your NOT a dick. I suggest that it maybe very debateable and would be impossible to defend in court ! Because Mr M disagrees with your view it makes him a Dick ?? excuse - And seeing your such an expert on dicks (and seem to have a major facination with them) your thoughts on other clubs (can I please use your patented terminology?) DICKY slogans ? I also look forward to learning of your inspirational choice for the coming season,
well said derby street

I love this club
The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
That may well be.

Take your condescending unwanted advice and shove it up your clacker - there's obviously plenty of room in there given your preponderance for spouting crap.

And I'll return the 'favour' by giving you back an unsolicited hint or two - if you don't want your opinions questioned, don't post.
And if you don't like caustic, sarcastic replies, then don't make caustic sarcastic posts in the first place.

Such a clever retort Mr Muncher - you really are a very impressive little man.

I'm really starting to like you Mr Muppet, I think we can be great friends.

Keep up the great work!

:wink:

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
That may well be.

Keep up the great work!

Don't flatter yourself.
I've been insulted by much better than you could ever aspire to become.

You seem to be another on here that could do with some serious psychological assistance.
Make sure you tell them about your fascination with 'dicks'.

sainterinsydney
Club Player

The key is to get the defence and attack balanced more. I still think our system can work as long as we implement a more attacking element to it.

The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
That may well be.

Keep up the great work!

Don't flatter yourself.
I've been insulted by much better than you could ever aspire to become.

You seem to be another on here that could do with some serious psychological assistance.
Make sure you tell them about your fascination with 'dicks'.
I bet you have - I bet you actually get insulted a lot.

I wonder why? :lol:

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I see you've reached the end of your intellectual capabilities.
Not surprising really.

You've become quite tedious and boring.

How about you come up with something entertaining for once?
Is that possible at all, or are you going to continue to bore everybody with your continual inanity?

And don't fear
I'm a believer in never taking a backwards step against bullies, be it real life or cyber ones.
SO as long as you continue to post the ridiculous nonsense you have over the alst 24 hours towards me, I'll continue to return fire.

Totally up to you which way this goes.