The Shneids appreciation thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Am not a huge fan

immensly talented player that simply doesn't produce often enough for my liking

I put him in the same bracket as Farren Ray, Jason Gram and pbly a few more I can't think of, that tear 4-5 games apart every year but don't produce often enough and are suspect come finals time

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Thought he had a pretty good year, Is this year his highest goal tally?

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
hungry for a premiership
Club Player

Okay, so maybe the Thomas \ Butters (who cares how you spell it, you know what I mean, don't be so pedantic) era wasn't the heralding of a new ethos of proffesionalism. The payer mismanagement arguably cost us flags.

Still, though, I give them some credence. When you look at where the club was after the Blight fiasco (an absolute rabble), to take the club to a position of financial stablity and reasonable on-field success is nothing to be sneezed at.

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

hungry for a premiership wrote:Okay, so maybe the Thomas \ Butters (who cares how you spell it, you know what I mean, don't be so pedantic) era wasn't the heralding of a new ethos of proffesionalism. The payer mismanagement arguably cost us flags.

Still, though, I give them some credence. When you look at where the club was after the Blight fiasco (an absolute rabble), to take the club to a position of financial stablity and reasonable on-field success is nothing to be sneezed at.
We had the best list in the competition in 2004/2005 bar none, seriously anyone could have coached that team to the finals!

Check out and compare all the lists from the 16 teams that year and there are only a couple of clubs that come close!

If Ross Lyon had a list that good, we would already have a few premierships already!

When Misson arrived he requested time trials etc...etc... and was told they don't exist, he was appalled!

The fact is we had the best list going around due to the biggest draft bonanza in AFL history and it was pissed up against a wall in an amateur hour that lasted for five and a half years!

Even Hawthorn who had a mini draft bonanza converted that into a premiership four years later with a coach who had some tactics!

The club only started getting professional on the 12/9/06!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Saints43
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:When Misson arrived he requested time trials etc...etc... and was told they don't exist, he was appalled!
Who was it who told Mission that there were no time trial records when he arrived in 2008?

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:
barks4eva wrote:When Misson arrived he requested time trials etc...etc... and was told they don't exist, he was appalled!
Who was it who told Mission that there were no time trial records when he arrived in 2008?
One example, he requested Raph Clarke's time trials from 2003 on and was told that they did not exist, that these records were not kept!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
Saints43 wrote:
One example, he requested Raph Clarke's time trials from 2003 on and was told that they did not exist, that these records were not kept!
So the coach should organise the paperwork? You live in dreamland or some sort of land that most people have never been and should never go.Maybe it is repeat everything 10 times even if wrong land.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
Saints43 wrote:
So the coach should organise the paperwork? You live in dreamland or some sort of land that most people have never been and should never go.Maybe it is repeat everything 10 times even if wrong land.
The example I gave of time trials for Raph Clarke for the years 2003,04,05,06 being requested is an absolute FACT!

Misson was told they do not exist and he was rightly appalled at the lack of professionalism within the football department during those years, with information such as this, not being kept on file!

FACT

Saints43
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:The example I gave of time trials for Raph Clarke for the years 2003,04,05,06 being requested is an absolute FACT!

Misson was told they do not exist and he was rightly appalled at the lack of professionalism within the football department during those years, with information such as this, not being kept on file!

FACT
I find this incredible.

I had lunch with Chris Jones who was the head of Training Services around 2003-2004 and his history seemed very impressive (although I have no medical background and may be easily impressed, I suppose).

He had worked with an NFL club and four AFL clubs.

He is certainly well qualified.

B.Ed Liverpool
B.Sc University of Oregon
M.Sc University of Oregon
PhD University of Oregon

He now works at Melbourne Storm.

Would you please qualify the 'fact' that records were not kept 2003-2006 as we had a few 'training services' managers between 2001 and 2006?

Did none or some keep records?

It just seems so unlikely to me that a number of different highly qualified fitness managers and their different staff would be neglectful of their responsibilities over that period of time.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:The example I gave of time trials for Raph Clarke for the years 2003,04,05,06 being requested is an absolute FACT!

FACT
Saints43 wrote: I find this incredible.
It's deplorable!

I gave you an example of the neglect within the previous football department under Grant 'fitness and conditioning staff are overrated" Thomas, nothing short of atrocious!

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

And for 2 years straight, we've carried injured players into the finals and have been overrun by fitter teams which has lost us 2 flags.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:And for 2 years straight, we've carried injured players into the finals and have been overrun by fitter teams which has lost us 2 flags.

Did you log out as IQ43 and then log in as dodgy?

Changed your bongwater yet?

Saints43
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:I gave you an example of the neglect within the previous football department under Grant 'fitness and conditioning staff are overrated" Thomas, nothing short of atrocious!
Your example of the neglect: X Clarke's sprint records from 2003-2006 were allegedly unavailable when Mission asked for them in 2008.

Are you saying that a number of different fitness managers (and all of their staff) did not keep these types of records from 2003-2006 through negligence?

Or that a file was misplaced? Or Ross Lyon couldn't find it in the cabinet?

What is the source of this example?

I think it is bulltish (and probably libel) to state that player fitness records were not kept at St Kilda from 2003-2006.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

IluvHarvey wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:He's a drunk.

Got anything to back that up?
I'm still waiting for you to explain this comment!

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
Brisvegas saint
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:He's a drunk.

He's overweight, and mentally fragile.
And he's the epitome of the phrase "serial finals failure."

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Saints43 wrote:
barks4eva wrote:I gave you an example of the neglect within the previous football department under Grant 'fitness and conditioning staff are overrated" Thomas, nothing short of atrocious!
Your example of the neglect: X Clarke's sprint records from 2003-2006 were allegedly unavailable when Mission asked for them in 2008.

Are you saying that a number of different fitness managers (and all of their staff) did not keep these types of records from 2003-2006 through negligence?

Or that a file was misplaced? Or Ross Lyon couldn't find it in the cabinet?

What is the source of this example?

I think it is bulltish (and probably libel) to state that player fitness records were not kept at St Kilda from 2003-2006.
getting into a "fact" argument with B4E, is a bit like peeing into the wind
GT ran over B4E's cat and he cant move on.
Chris Jones was well credentialled and still working for one of the most successful sporting franchises in Aust.
Then there's the "fact" stkilda started utilising the Monash Biomechanical dept during Grant's time. Which would seem a far cry from "fitness and conditional staff overated", and would love to see a quote. Probably turn out to be another twisted "ruckman" quote.
Love to know B4E's take on the negligence/professionalism when the club lost the game plan laptop this year?

Seeya