We Fielded Cripples Again

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ace
Saintsational Legend

We Fielded Cripples Again

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Bullsh*t. Kos mauy have well be injured but the pain killing injections masked the injury - he played just as well, if not better when he came back from that injury than he did beforehand. Sorry, I don't buy that we lost the GF b/c of injury riddled players.

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Kosi was also recovering from cataract surgery when he handballed directly to a Pies player metres in the clear.

Bono
Club Player

No sympathy here

The coach and the club lock the place down like Fort Knox. Closed training sessions, players get told what to say to media, they are in their 'bubble' etc and then they come out with this. They cant have it both ways. No harm in explaining injuries and situations first up. What are they hoping to gain by making this public knowledge now?

spert
Saintsational Legend

As I said to a mate who is a Pies supporter before the GF- if Lyon plays injured players in a Grand Final, it will bite us on the bum and they wont last the distance. With Gram and NDS unable to stretch and kick properly due to injuries we were always going to get exposed. Nuff said, and I hope RL learnt his lesson.

ace
Saintsational Legend

The real problem is the Saints had to play injured players because their replacements - the young kids with 2 or more years on the list - were not even able to challenge injured players in the best 22 for a place.

Meanwhile Collingwod players including their young kids were climbing over each other to get a game.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I'm a bit tired of people blaming Lyon and/or selectors for 'not giving the kids a go'.

Kosi kicked 30 injured. Stanley struggled to kick even a behind. Heyne did nothing. Lynch did less. Steven and (apparently) Geary were waylaid physically. Armo did a knee at a rotten time.

All in all Kosi in seems a sensible selection decision to me.

Sometimes kids have just got to say: 'this is my opportunity. I'm going to own it. I may not get another.'

You've got to earn the privilege.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Winmar
Club Player

True. The young guys didn't seem to be knocking down the door with their great performances. That needs to change in 2011.

oakleighboy
Club Player

Another pathetic excuse for an overpaid
Waste of space so called
Footballer

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

oakleighboy wrote:Another pathetic excuse for an overpaid
Waste of space so called
Footballer
Have got anything good to say or just crap all the time.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
Waste of space so called
Footballer
Purely crap, just when you think he is gone....

We know who the real waste of space is oakleighboy. :lol:

Fortius Quo Fidelius
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Really annoys...play the young ones blah blah

Just because they are young does not mean they are good........

so many just think "young" is the answer

We have drafted average footballers because we have not had the picks of 2000-2002 when near bottom.

SIMPLE

Our youngsters are so overated because they are young...........

not rated by many on football ability alone

saint4life
ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

One year, Kosi will not be injured.

Just one year for his career. Guarantee it.

And he'll be great.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ralphsmith wrote:One year, Kosi will not be injured.

And he'll be great.
Was he injured before round 14 this year because if he wasnt what excuse do we have for him then?

Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

We failed to win 3 grand finals simply due to team selection. McQualter, Kosi, Peake, Dempster, Eddy aren't AFL footballers.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Little Dozer wrote:We failed to win 3 grand finals simply due to team selection. McQualter, Kosi, Peake, Dempster, Eddy aren't AFL footballers.
I thought we only played in 2 GF's? How were their replacements going this year?

Middo
Club Player

saint75 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Waste of space so called
Footballer
Purely crap, just when you think he is gone....

We know who the real waste of space is oakleighboy. :lol:
DITTO !!!!!

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Waste of space so called
Footballer
Your posts are a waste of space. Sheesh, I hate supporters of your ilk.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Little Dozer wrote:We failed to win 3 grand finals simply due to team selection. McQualter, Kosi, Peake, Dempster, Eddy aren't AFL footballers.
Who, on any rational basis, would/could have done better? That's the issue. So you're barking up the wrong tree.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saintkid
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

And he'll be great.
Was he injured before round 14 this year because if he wasnt what excuse do we have for him then?
Well that's what I said in another post in the other Kosi thread, that's why I reckon it would have been a lot better for the Herald Sun not to have printed this story as it doesn't reflect well on him. I read all the 57 comments posted and they are all bagging him and the club and making the point that it's all excuses.
Last edited by saintkid on Sun 10 Oct 2010 3:55pm, edited 1 time in total.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Peake is worth persevering with IMO though he had a bad run in both GF

Eddy is worth persevering with but should never be played injured

Mini and Demptster don't do enough for mine

Kosi shouldn't be played injured either

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

saintkid wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

And he'll be great.
Well that's what I said in another post in the other Kosi thread, that's why I reckon it would have been a lot better for the Herald Sun not to have printed this story as it doesn't reflect well on him. I read all the 57 comments posted and they are all bagging him and the club and making the point that it's all excuses.
Care factor?

saintkid
Club Player

Thinline wrote:
saintkid wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

And he'll be great.
Care factor?
Personally, I don't give a rat' ar**e. Just saying that if it was me, I would have not wanted it to go to print because anyone with an unbiased view towards the saints can easily tell Kosi is a very average footballer whose career over the last 10 years has been forever built on hope and hype rather than substance.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

"Koschitzke's manager, Liam Pickering, would not comment on the injury yesterday, while St Kilda football manager Greg Hutchison was unavailable for comment."

The story is speculative and probably based on a rumour someone told someone about someone else who worked at the radiologist. Kosi nor anyone else relevant is quoted. No one is offering excuses other than the bloke writing the story. And even he's not really. He's just trying to fill space.

It is not an excuse to blame injury for GF. It's a valid reason. One broken arm - Eddy, one AC joint - Gram, one hamstring - Fisher. Try running out a GF replay with your rotations f***ed up against a team with no similar problems and you'll get whacked 99/100 times. The same thing happened in the eliminator against Melbourne in 06.

Similarly, goalkicking is a valid reason. Scoreboard pressure may have given us some hope. We couldn't do what we needed to when we needed to.

And re Kosi, while you're kicking him, do you acknowledge that his 50 goals last year was insufficient? Should have been what? 80? 100?

I too have been exasperated by the Koz this year as I waited for him to find some of last year's spark. To find out he was hurt offers me an explanation I didn't have before.

For me the bigger issue is why our second stringers didn't out their hand up and say 'for f***'s sake, I'll show the club that pays me that I've got something to offer when I'm needed'.

Stanley, on reflection, played about 30 seconds of AFL standard footy all year. Heyne and Lynch hardly registered at all. These are the guys we are looking to. These guys simply have to be better.

Thankfully, with rockets up arses over summer, and hopefully a better alignment with Sandringham (ie it couldn't possibly be any worse), I suspect we'll see significant improvement from blokes who should by now be up to stealing a spot from a bloke playing on one leg.
Last edited by Thinline on Sun 10 Oct 2010 4:30pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zippy
Club Player

Another reason to feel good about our chances next year is that with a better facility, our rehab and player management might improve - which means less players under duress next year.

That might make quite a difference.

Blindly delusional optimist. Fan of the Blake.

"If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said itâ€