Armo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Beej wrote:Armo's new contract says to me that the club's told him:

"look, we're going to see what happens. If there's a deal that benefits both of us, we'll look at it but if nothing eventuates, we're happy to have you here for another year, cool?"
It makes sense from both the club's point of view and from Armo's.

As I said previously, Armo's decision TO AGREE to a 1 year contract says more to me than his decision NOT TO AGREE to 2 years. That is, he wants to succeed at AFL and he wants it to be with the Saints - but he's not being stupid about it.

LennyBoy
Club Player

"look, we're going to see what happens. If there's a deal that benefits both of us, we'll look at it but if nothing eventuates, we're happy to have you here for another year, cool?"
It says to me our club cannot not identify good young talent nor present them with an opportunity to prove there worth. This kid has real potential and should have had more chances / game time by now. We do not invest enough game time in our younger crop of players.

Poochy 1 2 3 4 and 5 should be reinstated!
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Nothing personal against Armo, I like him and he'd be a walk up start for our 22 if I had any say in it BUT, can we organize a trade with Richmond for Jack Riewoldt?

Please Tigers, we F***** up, can we have a second go at it?

FAIR DINKUM

:roll:

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

LennyBoy wrote:

It says to me our club cannot not identify good young talent nor present them with an opportunity to prove there worth. This kid has real potential and should have had more chances / game time by now. We do not invest enough game time in our younger crop of players.
Why? Armo was injured for most of this year and has proven himself to have the running tank of a wind up toy.

Can people start realising that B graders have to EARN a senior spot.

It's not a f****** charity.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Thinline wrote:
LennyBoy wrote:

Why? Armo was injured for most of this year and has proven himself to have the running tank of a wind up toy.

Correct thinline. It is also rumoured that he has some 'attitude' problems. Not a certainty to be at St Kilda next year if a suitable deal can be done by 2pm tomorrow.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:
Thinline wrote:
LennyBoy wrote:

Correct thinline. It is also rumoured that he has some 'attitude' problems. Not a certainty to be at St Kilda next year if a suitable deal can be done by 2pm tomorrow.
It's also rumoured that John Longmire has a big one but I'm yet to see it. :wink:

I wouldn't be too quick to jump on that Armo rumour, which appears to have it's origins in his first year at the club.

I mean, the bloke takes Ball's spot at the start of the year, gets dropped when others are arguably playing worse, goes back to Sandy and racks up possessions, injures his knee twice, comes back again for Sandy and gets back in the ones for the last 2 games, gets dropped again, is named emergency for GF2 and misses out even though some players are injured - and then signs for another year. That doesn't sound to me like someone who has an attitude problem!

Argue all you like about his ability, or lack of ability, but in the absence of anything more than a rumour, I wouldn't bag Armo's attitude.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Dr Spaceman wrote:
saint75 wrote:
Thinline wrote:
LennyBoy wrote:

It's also rumoured that John Longmire has a big one but I'm yet to see it. :wink:

I wouldn't be too quick to jump on that Armo rumour, which appears to have it's origins in his first year at the club.

I mean, the bloke takes Ball's spot at the start of the year, gets dropped when others are arguably playing worse, goes back to Sandy and racks up possessions, injures his knee twice, comes back again for Sandy and gets back in the ones for the last 2 games, gets dropped again, is named emergency for GF2 and misses out even though some players are injured - and then signs for another year. That doesn't sound to me like someone who has an attitude problem!

Argue all you like about his ability, or lack of ability, but in the absence of anything more than a rumour, I wouldn't bag Armo's attitude.
I didn't argue anything about his attitude, rumoured or otherwise. I just included the fact that the rumour is out there. I don't know the guy so I have no idea what his attitude is, good or otherwise. Do you?

Personally, if reports are to be believed in regards to his comments about his contract on the post-GF2 function are correct, I wasn't impressed with it.

Anyoo, too each his own.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
saint75 wrote:
Thinline wrote:
LennyBoy wrote:

I didn't argue anything about his attitude, rumoured or otherwise. I just included the fact that the rumour is out there. I don't know the guy so I have no idea what his attitude is, good or otherwise. Do you?

Personally, if reports are to be believed in regards to his comments about his contract on the post-GF2 function are correct, I wasn't impressed with it.

Anyoo, too each his own.
The reason he signed for one year makes perfect sense to me. What has been said that doesnt impress you.

Winmar
Club Player

From his point of view there'd not be much point in signing for longer than a year, given the limited opportunities he got this year. I thought he might have been able to take Ball's place in the midfield.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:what "list" are we speaking of?
or u do u just mean discussed as being on the trade table?

contracts can be broken as long as all parties (including the player) agree.
Con, are you the bullish Saint who calls Finey alot?
Nope. I listen to Finey religiously though.
What is his name when he calls?

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

I really hope that next year is Armo's breakout year.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
DWOODROW
Club Player

IluvHarvey wrote:I really hope that next year is Armo's breakout year.
Me too. Out of St Kilda

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:
Me too. Out of St Kilda
Sounds all bitter and twisted. Couldn't he get a deal done, mate?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:
Me too. Out of St Kilda
Oh, I hope he's appproaching the year in a better frame of mind than you DW :?

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

DWOODROW wrote:
Me too. Out of St Kilda
What? Why?

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:what "list" are we speaking of?
or u do u just mean discussed as being on the trade table?

contracts can be broken as long as all parties (including the player) agree.
Con, are you the bullish Saint who calls Finey alot?
Nope. I listen to Finey religiously though.
What is his name when he calls?
I think his name is Steve from Narre Warren.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

DWOODROW wrote:
Me too. Out of St Kilda
If he doesn't pull his socks up and do what is required, you may just get your wish. :P

Fortius Quo Fidelius