Trades

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

degruch
Saintsational Legend

kalsaint wrote:
degruch wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:
saintbob wrote:
borderbarry wrote:Are any of those players it is suggested that we chase, any better than the ones suggested for trade bait? I think I would prefer to hang onto our own.
Yeah, and why wouldn't we!!!!!

IMO that's what is really starting to hurt us, we're the only team that seems to stay loyal to GOP's and let's be honest we've got than our fair share of them!!!!

Our skill level is terrible and our pace is even worse, surely we need to at least try and improve.
I Know FFS we've lost AT LEAST 8 games in 2 years, finished top 3 twice and made 2 GF's only to be beaten by a lucky toe poke and a crap bounce. How dare we put up with such rank incompetence!!! We need a clean out and re-build from scratch. Too old, too slow, no good, we should just change our name to Richmond!!!
:lol: So true...nice work.

If we pick up anyone, I'd be very surprised...we won't be trading out much of high value (only thinking Armo, if he goes) and we need the cash to keep everyone happy for next year. Plenty of talent to inject as is.
Fact is that the game is getting faster and StKilda is not. No trade, no improvement with a new game plan.

We need more game time from kids but also need another mid fielder with pace.
Peake has pace...Gwilt does not...which one would you rather have kick out of defense?

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

kalsaint wrote:
degruch wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:
saintbob wrote:
borderbarry wrote:Are any of those players it is suggested that we chase, any better than the ones suggested for trade bait? I think I would prefer to hang onto our own.
Yeah, and why wouldn't we!!!!!

IMO that's what is really starting to hurt us, we're the only team that seems to stay loyal to GOP's and let's be honest we've got than our fair share of them!!!!

Our skill level is terrible and our pace is even worse, surely we need to at least try and improve.
I Know FFS we've lost AT LEAST 8 games in 2 years, finished top 3 twice and made 2 GF's only to be beaten by a lucky toe poke and a crap bounce. How dare we put up with such rank incompetence!!! We need a clean out and re-build from scratch. Too old, too slow, no good, we should just change our name to Richmond!!!
:lol: So true...nice work.

If we pick up anyone, I'd be very surprised...we won't be trading out much of high value (only thinking Armo, if he goes) and we need the cash to keep everyone happy for next year. Plenty of talent to inject as is.
Fact is that the game is getting faster and StKilda is not. No trade, no improvement with a new game plan.

We need more game time from kids but also need another mid fielder with pace.
We also need room in the salary cap to accommodate them, this is problematic

goods
Club Player

Clearly the salary cap needs to be increased so smaller clubs can compete with the fringe benefits the larger clubs can offer. Otherwise you need to place a cap on operational which would be silly.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

sax wrote:I still think we should have a crack at Nathan Djerrkura from Geelong!
He's only 22, has pace to burn & we'd only have to give up our 3rd rounder (pick 57) to get him if you read this article!
If we're so keen on another ruckman, maybe we could do a deal involving Blake aswell!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/m ... 5935199247
Totally agree makes no sense.

Geelong supporters I know rate him just reckon he never got a go at Cats...at 22 hes the ideal fit for what we lack and wont take 4 years to develop.

IF we got him for a low pick we'd be mad not to get him. Why wouldnt the club even consider this? makes no sense.

NO hes not gonna fix all our problems - but his profile puts him in the "still has upside" (as opposed to Jesus Johnstone) and he can run FFS......we dont have mnay that can..

“Yeah….nah””
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Teflon wrote:
sax wrote:I still think we should have a crack at Nathan Djerrkura from Geelong!
He's only 22, has pace to burn & we'd only have to give up our 3rd rounder (pick 57) to get him if you read this article!
If we're so keen on another ruckman, maybe we could do a deal involving Blake aswell!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/m ... 5935199247
Totally agree makes no sense.

Geelong supporters I know rate him just reckon he never got a go at Cats...at 22 hes the ideal fit for what we lack and wont take 4 years to develop.

IF we got him for a low pick we'd be mad not to get him. Why wouldnt the club even consider this? makes no sense.

NO hes not gonna fix all our problems - but his profile puts him in the "still has upside" (as opposed to Jesus Johnstone) and he can run FFS......we dont have mnay that can..
Just because it isn't being reported in the press that we are interested doesn't mean that we aren't.

Ross always plays his cards very close to his chest so I wouldn't be surprised if a trade is made for any of the blokes reportedly available.

We all know the press at best guess and more likely just made rubbish up.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

sax wrote:If we're so keen on another ruckman, maybe we could do a deal involving Blake aswell!
Blake and King...hmmm, which one would leave first?