Andy Lovell joins the Suns

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

backit
Club Player

Andy Lovell joins the Suns

FORMER Melbourne and West Coast player Andy Lovell has joined Gold Coast as an assistant coach.

Lovell played 121 games with Melbourne and 43 with West Coast, and has moved from St Kilda where he spent the last three years as both a development coach and head coach of the Saints' VFL affiliate team, the Sandringham Zebras.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

Another assistant coach gone

saints66
Club Player

and another Lovett to be at St Kilda with Brett Lovett tipped to be the new coach of Sandringham!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: Andy Lovell joins the Suns

backit wrote:FORMER Melbourne and West Coast player Andy Lovell has joined Gold Coast as an assistant coach.

Lovell played 121 games with Melbourne and 43 with West Coast, and has moved from St Kilda where he spent the last three years as both a development coach and head coach of the Saints' VFL affiliate team, the Sandringham Zebras.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

Another assistant coach gone
He was gone back in August !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saints66 wrote:and another Lovett to be at St Kilda with Brett Lovett tipped to be the new coach of Sandringham!
Garry Lyon's Brother in Law !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

saints66 wrote:and another Lovett to be at St Kilda with Brett Lovett tipped to be the new coach of Sandringham!
Can he change his surname?

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
saints66
Club Player

Maybe another Lyon to Saints as assistant to Brett (haha)

zebraman
Club Player

I heard that rumour last week....nothing has been announced yet, but more than happy with him if he gets the gig

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

zebraman wrote:
I heard that rumour last week....nothing has been announced yet, but more than happy with him if he gets the gig
Can i ask why you think the decision was made for Sandy to appoint their own part time coach instead of the arrangements we have had the last 2 years.

FQF
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
zebraman wrote:
Can i ask why you think the decision was made for Sandy to appoint their own part time coach instead of the arrangements we have had the last 2 years.
It is awfully strange, and does not put our second tier players in a good position.

zebraman
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
zebraman wrote:
My understanding is that the hours involved of being Sandy coach plus development coach with the saints was somewhere in the region of 80 hours per week. With a young family I guess that was having a detrimental effect on his personal life...the decision to have just a part time coach has been given the ok by St Kilda as far as I know...I'm sure whoever gets the job will have some form of involvement with St Kilda...just not the same full on involvement that Andy Lovell had..

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

zebraman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
zebraman wrote:
My understanding is that the hours involved of being Sandy coach plus development coach with the saints was somewhere in the region of 80 hours per week. With a young family I guess that was having a detrimental effect on his personal life...the decision to have just a part time coach has been given the ok by St Kilda as far as I know...I'm sure whoever gets the job will have some form of involvement with St Kilda...just not the same full on involvement that Andy Lovell had..
I just worry that Sandy and Frankston will be the only 2 clubs with part time coaches. Even Port melbourne have a full time coach. I am looking through my Saints eyes and I am not sure how both sides can play similar footy when the coach will not be around the saints much at all. i must admit it seems to me that this arrangement will struggle to last the 5 years.

zebraman
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
zebraman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
zebraman wrote:
I just worry that Sandy and Frankston will be the only 2 clubs with part time coaches. Even Port melbourne have a full time coach. I am looking through my Saints eyes and I am not sure how both sides can play similar footy when the coach will not be around the saints much at all. i must admit it seems to me that this arrangement will struggle to last the 5 years.
I don't think Gary Ayres is full time at Port Plugger...I think he has some sort of business (liquor store?) plus his coaching duties

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

zebraman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
zebraman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
zebraman wrote:
I don't think Gary Ayres is full time at Port Plugger...I think he has some sort of business (liquor store?) plus his coaching duties
I was told by a Saints coach he was.

saints66
Club Player

Agree FQF, looks like Sandringham are not completely comfortable with the present arrangements and would like their own man there. The coonection will still remain but it won't be the same as with Andy Lovell.